Am I an Idiot?

Scotttyd

Well, if you know me this is an easy question to answer. I am going to an Iowa State Alum watch party for the game. A good friend of mine is an ISU alum and I don't know any Iowa alums out here - plus the Iowa watch party is an hour plus drive away and a PITA to get to and park, blah blah.

So, considering I am going into enemy territory, I obviously have to represent Iowa, but not be an a hole. How does one politely cheer for their team, and not get their arse kicked? How much Iowa gear is to much to wear, probably just go with a t-shirt.

Wish me luck

At a minimum wear a Hawk hat, hawk T-shirt, some Hawk bibs, hawk socks, and hawk shoes. You don't have to wear the Hawk watch or show your tattoo of the TigerHawk if it would make you look too conspicuous.

Make sure to bring your Cyclone Voodoo doll and every once in a dang while throw it at one of yer hosts just to make sure they understand your affiliation. I reckon this will help ease the tension you feel. Other tricks you might try that are NOT a-hole-ish: Roundhouse kicks to a cyclone fan's junk, spitting in the punch, upper-deckers in the toilet, leaving the back door open repeatedly and double dippin'. Just a couple of ideas that I don't reckon will come across as aggressive.

Since I live in a house divided you have to be really, really, nonchalant. Don't give any hint that this game is really super important, because it is only important to Iowa State. It only serves to feed the aggravations that Staters have toward anything Hawkeye. Whatever you do, don't show any unbridled emotions.

Now when the game is over and should the Hawks prevail you just say well the bookies expected it. If the Hawks should happen to lose you do not make excuses for the Hawks. You accept it quietly.

When you get in your car and head home and are a mile away you either let out a huge scream of joy or you swear a blue streak.

You go all out. Why are you worried about getting beat up.... They're clown fans.

Plus after the first quarter you'll have no worries on hearing from them.

Seriously? An hour drive, or having to sit on your excitement to placate a bunch of Clown fans? Seriously?

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

Seriously? An hour drive, or having to sit on your excitement to placate a bunch of Clown fans? Seriously?

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

Ya, but I have friends at the ISU party - gonna wear my orange bowl t-shirt - catch any flack - "what bowl game where you in last year?"

I actually enjoy watching the game with the rivals when they are classy about it .

Ya, but I have friends at the ISU party - gonna wear my orange bowl t-shirt - catch any flack - "what bowl game where you in last year?"

I actually enjoy watching the game with the rivals when they are classy about it .

psst....we were in that game 2 years ago.

Okay. If you had already made up your mind to go, you should have wore an ISU shirt and got a CUSA logo put on it.

Or, a more subtle route might have been to go with a neutral color and have made a PAC 16 logo for it.

Latest posts