Alt uni's

FML

Would love for the Hawks to have an alternative and more modern uni similar to Oklahoma State. I'm not saying get rid of the classic Steeler uni's we have now, but something a little flashier to mix it up every couple games.
OSU, Oregon, VT all have many uni combos....they are also all great football programs right now despite some of the same disadvantages Iowa has.

The uni's Stanford sported against ND were nice, something similar to those would be nice simple and clean.

Would love for the Hawks to have an alternative and more modern uni similar to Oklahoma State. I'm not saying get rid of the classic Steeler uni's we have now, but something a little flashier to mix it up every couple games.
OSU, Oregon, VT all have many uni combos....they are also all great football programs right now despite some of the same disadvantages Iowa has.

Was the patriotic hawkeye not enough for you?

Patriotic Tigerhawk was boss, the throwbacks from last year where hands down the best. What else could you really do that wouldn't look dorky? I honestly believe Iowa is in the top 7 of the best looking teams in football, hands down.

There was an article KF opposes the idea of the "nike pro combat". He likes the traditional look. Be thankful every 6 years we get to have throw back uni's

I really liked the throwback uniforms last year. I also liked the patriotic tiger hawk.

I'd be interested in seeing an alternate road uniform. I'm starting to associate the ol' yellow and whites with losses.

Personally, I'd like us to get rid of the Steelers look. Iowa's colors are OLD GOLD (not yellow) and black. Tiger hawk is classic, but something classic and true for the rest of the uniform - not copycat of a pro team.

May you burn in "you know where" for suggesting such shenanigans. Iowa should never change......ever!!!

Just kidding, it would be cool.

I'd like a combat uniform or a throwback uniform once a year. I wouldn't be too upset by that.

Stanford's uni's the other night were hideous. If that is what we'd be in for, I'm out. All black with black shoes at home would be cool maybe.

Paint the helmets white on the road once? I liked the earlier idea of old gold, but we could have our current unis but with old (metallic) gold for a game. There are PLENTY of subtle ways to incorporate novel little changes.

I hate it when teams abandon their school colors (i.e. MSU's pro combat unis vs. Michigan), but it would be cool to have a few subtle variations like the 2004 and 2010 throwbacks, also loved the RWB tigerhawk vs. Michigan this year.

Personally, I'd like us to get rid of the Steelers look. Iowa's colors are OLD GOLD (not yellow) and black. Tiger hawk is classic, but something classic and true for the rest of the uniform - not copycat of a pro team.
I said something similar to this one time and got blasted for it.

I said something similar to this one time and got blasted for it.

Hey! Me too!

Among other things some dude said we wouldn't be able to tell the teams apart when we play Purdue.

Uh, Navy and Notre Dame don't have that problem. One wears a white jersey and the other navy blue.;)

Latest posts