Alt uniforms for Minny

At the very least I would expect to see the Veteran's day American flag tiger hawk emblem on the helmets

No chance. The marketing department would have been hyping it up for the past week if it were the case.

I doubt were going to see any alternates anytime soon after covid. Usually they come with different helmets, and I've been told the new Riddell SpeedFlex helmets are $1,750 apiece because they're custom molded and fit to each player. I'd guess we probably dress 80 guys or so and that'd be $140K as an estimate just for helmets.

Is there a lamer mascot than a fucking gopher? I mean, they are surrounded by badgers, wolverines, Spartan warriors, hawks and Native American warriors. They have a state full of lakes and trees, not plains, and they come up with a ground squirrel? A vermin that every yard owner in this country hates and would murder on site if they would come out of their stupid burrows long enough so I could smash their god damn skulls open with a shovel.

Sorry, what was the question? Oh yes. Let's not waste alt unis on these turds.

Is there a lamer mascot than a fucking gopher? I mean, they are surrounded by badgers, wolverines, Spartan warriors, hawks and Native American warriors. They have a state full of lakes and trees, not plains, and they come up with a ground squirrel? A vermin that every yard owner in this country hates and would murder on site if they would come out of their stupid burrows long enough so I could smash their god damn skulls open with a shovel.

Freeport Illannoy says "You got nothin' on us!"

1636646112486.png

In my stomping grounds in NW Iowa, there were the Everly Cattlefeeders, Estherville Midgets, Ochedon Mounders, and the Sheldon Orabs (cleverly named after their orange and black color scheme). Midgets always took the cake for me. WTF?

I can forgive a small town for running with a dumb name. But, Gophers is too dumb for words for the only major university in a large state. Be better.

Good one!

In my stomping grounds in NW Iowa, there were the Everly Cattlefeeders, Estherville Midgets, Ochedon Mounders, and the Sheldon Orabs (cleverly named after their orange and black color scheme). Midgets always took the cake for me. WTF?

I can forgive a small town for running with a dumb name. But, Gophers is too dumb for words for the only major university in a large state. Be better.
You forgot the MOC/FV Dutchmen.

Are they the Estherville LIttle People now?

I apologize to anybody I may have triggered.

LOL!!!! Yes!!!!

Cobden Appleknockers vs Pekin Chinks back in the day... Illinois High School state championship game in the sixties. A one class championship. The original March Madness.

Damm, thanks I needed the laugh, almost snorted my drink on the computer.

Maybe in 1880 or whenever they chose the gopher mascot the state was full of them and they thought they were cute or mean. I dont know. But that was a long time ago and people were different. But yes gophers do not usually match up well to badgers and wolverines.

Maybe in 1880 or whenever they chose the gopher mascot the state was full of them and they thought they were cute or mean. I dont know. But that was a long time ago and people were different. But yes gophers do not usually match up well to badgers and wolverines.
And Hawks love the taste of gophers.