Alston vs. Morris

rchawkeye

Did anyone else notice when Alston shot through a gap like a rocket and tackled the Michigan RB for a loss? It was early in the second quarter on Michigan's 2nd drive, believe it was 2nd and 2.

I don't remember Morris EVER making a play like that. Don't think he even has the athletic ability to do so.

I know that Alston made some mistakes, but at least he has some athletic ability.

Come on, Kirk. Play the guys with ability and then teach them to not make mistakes. This is so much better than playing someone who doesn't make mistakes but also doesn't have the ability to make special plays.

Ditto for Donnetel, Miller, Castillo, and Sleeper. These guys are special teams players at best.

Agreed...at least move Morris (if Kirk thinks he needs to play) to outside backer or something. Morris has struggled at the middle linebacker position from day one.

Why Morris keeps his position is beyond understanding. In the CMU and NU games, we pinned our opponents at the 1/2 yard line. In both cases, we give up long runs up the middle (30 and 70 yards). Morris jumps to the left in each play and is a non-factor.

Play someone who can make plays. How many tackles for loss on non-blitzes does Morris have this year? The guys just cannot make plays.

Guess you didn't catch Alston getting driven into the endzone on the first series? The kid will be a nice player, but not yet ready for prime time.

Geez,,,we have a lot of that on this team.

Yes, I caught that, but at least he was in the right hole. Coming in lower can be learned over time. Physical ability cannot be learned. Morris has shown in 3 years that he does not have the physical tools to be a good MLB. Alston has shown more upside in short stints that Morris ever has.

Why Morris keeps his position is beyond understanding. In the CMU and NU games, we pinned our opponents at the 1/2 yard line. In both cases, we give up long runs up the middle (30 and 70 yards). Morris jumps to the left in each play and is a non-factor.

Play someone who can make plays. How many tackles for loss on non-blitzes does Morris have this year? The guys just cannot make plays.

Some of Kirks favorites leave you wondering what the hell he is thinking.

Youll never convince me he has the right criteria when he played Adam Shada for 3 years over Brad Fletcher who went on to start in the nfl as a rookie.

Morris has been a bad middle linebacker since day one. He got moved last year and it was instant improvement.

Alston did square up the RB, but was too high. Morris never even squares up. He just hits a guy sideways and gets dragged for 3 yards.

Morris has started for 2+ years and Alston has seen very limited reps, but I liked the way he played better. If Morris can go put him where Perry was at and Alston in the middle. YOu need yoru best players on the field.

that's why Michigan got 35 points before Morris and Kirksey got into the game
Michigan is playing very good they also had more experience, whoever said Michigan is younger than Iowa must not look at the depth chart, Michigan started 6 sr's on offense and 5 on defense, with 5 jr's and 4 JR'S on Defense that is not a young team by any means
Michigan has 32 seniors graduating this year

I'm not really sure why this is even up for discussion. We all know how KF is. Morris will be the starter next year no question about it.

Not gunna happen. We might as well stop hoping for it at this point unfortunately, will lead to nothing but disappointment.

Morris has had his chance. He has proven he cannot take a good angle, nor tackle well. Put him on the DE. Or bench. Give Alston a shot.

Anybody ever wonder how Morris would look if he had at least an average DLine in front of him?

He had an average Dline in front of him last year and he looked like ****. Never sqaures up ball carriers, gets caught up in the wash and cant get off blocks. Hes cant get it done at this level. Put someone else in.

Latest posts