Alrighty then, whats an exceptable W/L record

Explanation: - The team is a KF team.. Therefore none of us really know. Something between 8-0 and 2-6. There is proly a chance at 0-8.

If the ball bounces our way, 7-1 and a championship appearance. If the ball doesnt bounce our way 5-3, maybe 4-4.

My gut tells me 5-3. Purdue, and obviously Penn State and Wisconsin.

But there's always a head scratcher which will probably end up being NW or Illinois.

So W/L will be 4.5 - 3.5

For the 3rd straight year Iowa will have the most talented team in the West and still won't win the division.

I'm going with 4-4 with losses to Purdue, Minnesota, Penn St, & Wisconsin.

They'll probably be matched up with Michigan or Indiana in the final week.

7-2 or higher. - exceeds expectations
6-3 or 5-4. - meets expections
4-5 or 3-6. - acceptable but below expections
2-7 or lower - Unacceptable !!!

If 5-4 is considered meeting expectations and 3-6 is acceptable... we need to have a serious conversation about expectations.

My gut tells me 5-3. Purdue, and obviously Penn State and Wisconsin.

But there's always a head scratcher which will probably end up being NW or Illinois.

So W/L will be 4.5 - 3.5

I just want to defeat Wisconsin. I’m so tired of losing to that team.

What are the odds we play all 9 games? I really wonder about that.

I just want to defeat Wisconsin. I’m so tired of losing to that team.

What are the odds we play all 9 games? I really wonder about that.
I’d say slim to none and Slim left town.

It’s already shutting down NFL teams, it ain’t gonna last at the college level.

I’d say slim to none and Slim left town.

It’s already shutting down NFL teams, it ain’t gonna last at the college level.
Slim hasn't left town yet, but he has his bags packed. I sure wouldn't complain if Purdue and Penn State had to cancel their games with us and we wound up 6-0.

I think there are too many odd and unforeseeable factors that will play out this season that will make it extremely difficult to predict the outcome of this season. Many will predict the correct record, but be completely off on how they got there.

So, I will make my prediction as if COVID and injuries due to lack of adequate preparation time weren't a factor.
7-2, losing to OSU in Indianapolis.

I'm a bit more optimistic and/delusional. On paper, even in this strange year, I'm slightly more demanding on expectations. It could simply it being more important with few games...

8-1 or better = above expectations (with West title= outstanding)
5 - 7 = meets expectations
4 really isn't acceptable
3 or less is total failure

More factors than usual, and a new qb. Who knows. But I like tge overall talent if at full strength.

As I said on our podcast yesterday, I think anything less than a West Division title will be disappointing to the majority of Iowa fans.

I haven’t listened to the entire podcast as I have been extremely busy and only have listened to the first part of it. I agree that anything less than winning the West will be disappointing to many fans. However you did ask in the podcast if fans will be patient with KF if it doesn’t turn out that way. Seriously? Didn’t you also mention it’s been five years since we won the West?

Seems the Iowa fans should be given a Purple Heart award for their patience and tolerance. The article on Hayden’s and Kirk’s longevity speaks volumes about the loyalty and patients of the Iowa fans.

Are they cancels.or.are.they forfeits?
You'd have a damn hard time calling them forfeits. That would disincentivise teams from reporting covid. Reporting covid and quashing it quickly is the only thing allowing the season to take place at all.

Latest posts