ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, DO YOU WANNA DANCE THREAD

Anyone saying the tourney favorite in Duke lost, wasn't watching the games. Should have lost to UCF, could easily have lost to Va Tech, did lose to MSU. That was not a dominant performance, though the talking heads love with the Zion would make you think otherwise.

2006 - sweet 16 (3)
2009 - sweet 16 (4)
2015 - elite 8 (2)
2016 - sweet 16 (11)
you forgot
2017 - lost nat'l championship (1)
2018 - sweet 16 (4)
2019 - elite 8 (1)

what does Gonzaga have that we don't?

What does Gonzaga have?

I agree w/ your sentiment ( and I'd apply the same argument using Boise St in football ), but as for the details...

In your post I quoted, I've added their seed each year (Wikipedia doesn't have entries for '01 or earlier).

In almost every year you listed, they progressed as far as their seed indicated they should.

So, "what they have" is a schedule / conference that lets a pretty good team earn a high seed, and then (usually) lose as soon as they face an equally rated team.

The conclusion also points out the answer to "what does Iowa need to do to get back to the Sweet 16?"

You need to have a high seed, so you can get to the Sweet 16 w/ out playing anybody really good!

Gonzaga has a student population of 7,421

They are located in Eastern Washington State in Spokane near the Idaho border, about as isolated as one can get unless you are in Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas, New Mexico or Idaho

They are a strict Jesuit university and are above board as far as grades and behavior are concerned

Somehow they attract 4/5 star players from all over the Globe on a regular basis

This season they have 2 players from France, one from Serbia and Rui Hachimura, the black dude from Toyoma, Japan

Mark Few is one of the best coaches in America, certainly Hall of Fame bound

They play smart, focused solid basketball, make few trunovers get 5.5 blocks and 7 steals per game

They only have 10.4 turnovers a game

They also average 88.8 points per game

They were the first team to beat Duke this season early in the year when everyone thought they were a lock of the national championship

They are a Cinderella team every year and I really would like to see them at least make the Final Four

They also had Casey Calvary

Gonzaga%20Legends%20Poster%20-%20Calvary_GeIQ42t_t700.jpg

Well, when it's 70 degrees in Iowa and MSU is wearing white, the oddsmakers usually go against the Fighting Izzo's

Latest posts