All-Time Starting 5 of Native Iowans

Joe Burrow, born in Ames Iowa, first team HS all state PG in Ohio, Heisman Award Winner at LSU, NCAA football title as a QB, #1 NFL draft pick 2020, it isn't even close.

For anyone considering Ricky Davis ... this play takes him out of contention for me. Jerry Sloan's reaction was priceless.

They absolutely did the correct thing by not giving him credit for the rebound. It's the same with catchers indifference in baseball where they don't credit the runner with a stolen base. At least in baseball the runner is helping his team a little bit by taking the force at second out of the equation.

RobHowe wrote in a previous post on this thread:

No more rules. I'd rather people just discuss and have fun with it. Heck, you guys can add guys that have traveled through Iowa. ;)

I was just kidding ya. Yea, I forgot that he was born in Ames until I saw it the other night. Do you know what age he moved away from Ames?

I was just kidding ya. Yea, I forgot that he was born in Ames until I saw it the other night. Do you know what age he moved away from Ames?
I recently read in The Athletic, I believe, that at this time last year Burrow was projected to be a fourth round QB pick, at the highest. A Garzesque jump year over year.

It was part of their "projecting the next draft" article, IIRC.

I recently read in The Athletic, I believe, that at this time last year Burrow was projected to be a fourth round QB pick, at the highest. A Garzesque jump year over year.

It was part of their "projecting the next draft" article, IIRC.

Yea, he blew up last year which was a surprise to all. His TD numbers were astronomical.

Latest posts