All time Iowa Roll your eyes/shake head team

what about Ryan Bain? he seemed to have loads of promise but left iowa for toledo or akron i believe... not really sure why but he could be on this list
Oh gosh...I don't know....

4/5-star, Army AA recruit who got pissy because he had to play behind Kroul, Iwebema and King,

went on a drinking binge and got busted for public intox, disorderly conduct and interference of official acts,

while leaving Iowa bad-mouthed his opportunity while expressing his desire to play for a school where he'd get "more NFL exposure", (yet he couldn't start for a 6-7 team)

while insisting the gaining school sign a contract guaranteeing him the "right" to start....

you're right...really don't know why I put him on the "eye rolling" list.

Why in the hell is Matt Sherman's name in this thread?

2 reasons

Michigan 2nd half 1997. He's wide open and the only person out in route throw him the ball.

Entire 1997 season it is many people's belief including mine that this is either the most talented or 2nd most talented iowa team since 1990 except for 1 position, QB.

And then the whole Tim Dwight getting into arguments with the DI and having to defend him because the ineptness was so obvious

Champ Davis
Daniel Murray/ Trent Mossbrucker (So far in their careers they've been wildly inconsistent)
Jermelle Lewis
Drew Tate (great at times but his hot headedness definitely rubbed fans the wrong way)
James Cleveland

Last edited:
Speaking of Matt Sherman. I found out over the weekend that he works for the University of Minnesota athletic department.

Champ Davis
Daniel Murray/ Trent Mossbrucker (So far in their careers they've been wildly inconsistent)
Jermelle Lewis
Drew Tate (great at times but his hot headedness definitely rubbed fans the wrong way)
James Cleveland

Mossbrucker? How so? He's only played one season and went 13-15 on FG's which led the conference and 31-33 on PAT's. The two missed PAT's are the only reason I can think you would say he's inconsistent.

Champ Davis
Jermelle Lewis
James Cleveland

I don't know how you can put Murray on the list; in my mind he's right up there with Rob Houghtlin on the list Iowa kickers who will never have to buy another beer in Iowa City.

Drew Tate was the same player in 2006 that he was in 2004, it was his supporting cast that changed.

I don't know how you can put Murray on the list; in my mind he's right up there with Rob Houghtlin on the list Iowa kickers who will never have to buy another beer in Iowa City.

Drew Tate was the same player in 2006 that he was in 2004, it was his supporting cast that changed.

THANK YOU!!! I can remember a lot of people getting on Tate for being a bad teammate and blah, blah, blah. But he did everything the same way in 2005-2006 as he did in 2004. It just doesn't get glossed over when you aren't winning 10 games, which is what happens when you lose guys like Hinkel/Solomon, Roth/Babineaux, etc. The teams just weren't as good after his sophomore year.

I also take offense to Jermelle Lewis pick that another poster made. I don't recall him making really stupid choices. He just had trouble staying healthy. I'm not going to hold that against a player. For guys like that, I choose to just cherish the plays they made when they were healthy. And Jermelle made a lot of them.

Oh, and my pick is Cedric Everson. I remember being absolutely stoked when he changed his committment on Signing Day, only to watch him get kicked out of school before the first semester was over.

Wow. I really hate this thread ---

1. Very negative.
2. You seem to forget that these kids are 18 to 21 years old -- they make mistakes.
3. Why take it out on the players?
4. Matt Sherman? Give me a break - he was injured in that game!!!!
5. Rollins? WTF - one of the best LBs we ever had.

If you want to criticize coaches, or fans, or officiating, I don't have a problem with that. The coaches make big money and can take the heat.

But lay off of the players. They are doing it "for the love of the game"

Keep it positive dude -- there is so much to be excited about right now with Iowa FB. Write about the positives.

Okay, here's my take.
Sherman: good QB. Doesn't belong on this trainwreck team.
Shada just didn't have the skill set to compete at a high level, you couldn't put him in one on one coverage and count on it.
Leave DJK alone. I read it as a sarcastic attempt to bring light to an otherwise bleaker story. "ICPD has hates National Championships" doesn't sound serious. Twitter isn't really where you put serious viewpoints IMHO, it is for updates or thoughts or opinions. In this case, sounds like joking. Bad sense of humor though.
Oh, I'm sure he's well aware his teammates screwed up.

Last edited:

1. Very negative.
2. You seem to forget that these kids are 18 to 21 years old -- they make mistakes.

If you want to criticize coaches, or fans, or officiating, I don't have a problem with that. The coaches make big money and can take the heat.

Keep it positive dude -- there is so much to be excited about right now with Iowa FB. Write about the positives.

There are some guys in this thread who do deserve it, however. Bain was a good example, and Everson is THE example of a guy who deserves it.

There are some guys in this thread who do deserve it, however. Bain was a good example, and Everson is THE example of a guy who deserves it.
Agreed.

Big difference between somebody not athletically panning for whatever reason, and the guy who's a jack@$$....thus is why I put Bain on my list.

Should probably have titled this thread "all jack@$$ team"

1. Very negative.

why do the holier than thou people read these threads? Shouldnt you be out adopting african children or strapping yourself to trees in the rain forest to save them from loggers?

Criticism just like fame is part of the deal when someone decides to pursue high level athletics

Calvin Bailey
Cedric Everson
Dominique Douglas
Dana Brown
Anthony Bowman
Ryan Bain
Abe Satterfield
Bennie Sapp
Arvel Nelson
Corey Robertson
Marcus Wilson

Latest posts