All the Verbal Fellatio for Forbes...

There is something to be said about someone being the "face man" for the program. I don't give a rat's *** what you say. Being able to go on television and look that part is a big deal. Forbes is not that guy. It shouldn't matter, but it does. Unless he's got a great sense of humor like Majerus or something like that.

Explain to me how Roy Williams can look like Fred Flinstone yet look the part. Or Frank Martin can look like he's part of the mafia and look the part. Bruce Weber definitely doesn't sound the part on tv or radio yet he can pull in a lot of top recruits. Does Stan Van Gundy look the part for the Magic? Heck even Brad Stevens doesn't look the part of the face of the program. He looks like he's the starting point guard for Indianapolis North High School, not the coach at Butler.

There are a lot of crazy things said on these boards, but this one might take the cake.

lamest thread of the day..... so far anyway..... we still have 9 1/2 hours to go, but will be tough to beat.

It's not the time to take a gamble. We need a guy who has at least some track record of proving he can produce a consistent winner.
The problem is that the 'guy who has at least some track record' doesn't want the job. We're taking a(nother) gamble on a mid-major coach who we don't know whether or not he can produce in a BCS conference. I'll throw my lot in with a native son who has the passion for the program and will recruit like there's no tomorrow.

GO HAWKS!!!

This is what drives me mad about some Iowa fans. You want this guy because he is from Lone Tree, wherever the F that is.

That shouldn't matter!!!!!!!!!!

Thing bigger for Christ's sake. This type of small-time attitude and expectations hold the program back.

What holds back the program is that the program is not nearly as relevant as it used to be. What makes you think we can attract a successful big-time coach to Iowa City?

If you want the program to be back on track, you need talent. Forbes can get that talent. The fact that he grew up 15 miles from Iowa City speaks to his roots and values, which match a large portion of the fan base.

lamest thread of the day..... so far anyway..... we still have 9 1/2 hours to go, but will be tough to beat.

I agree.

I also find it lame that the University of Iowa Basketball Program has it's fans thrilled over Steve Forbes for coach. Quite Shocking!

All the Verbal Fellatio for Forbes... Seriously says a lot to me.

I will support whomever the coach is. Trust me Forbes isn't and wasn't a guy Iowa would be looking to hire. No Way!! No how!! This is a bottom of the barrel hire. We can only hope we found the gem at the bottom. please!! please!! please be the gem...

Last edited:
I would much rather have Brownell at Wright St. At least he has proven he can win at each stop he's been at. But how about thinking big. For Christ's sake this program is on life support. You honestly and truly believe Steve Forbes will bring us back from the abyss any time within the next 5 years?

You ask us to think big and then offer up Brownell from Wright State? Another Indiana native from the Horizon League, Woo Hoo. We certainly haven't done that before! Damn straight this programs on life support and it was a former Horizon League coach that put us there! We don't need another ill prepared mid major who has not spent significant time with a Big Program, to know what it's going to take to recruit against the likes of Izzo, Matta, and company. This would be like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound. We need to try something different, and Forbes is a different direction. Remember the old addage: The defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time. Brownell is just more of the same.

STEVEFORBES150X220.JPG
+
13722944.JPG

=

4chanSealEpicWin.jpg

Latest posts