All teams in the West remaining schedules

uihawk82

I am looking at the whole West division if Iowa wins out or losses just one more game which could be pie in the sky:

Minny - Loses 2-3 games PSU, Iowa, maybe wisky , finishes 6-3
Wisky - loses 2-3, OSU, maybe Iowa, Minny finishes 7-2 or 6-3
Iowa - Loses zero or 1 more finishes 7-2 or 6-3 (loss to wisky or Minny)
Nebby - Loses 3 PUr, Iowa , Wisky Finishes 4-5 (Hawks defense holds down Nebby and Iowa offense can score on Nebby
Purdue - loses 1 to Wisky, 3 of other 4 at home against not stiff competition, they have 2 QBs, and great receivers

Illinois and NW lose enough games

Looking at the head to head games Iowa still has a chance, Minny could actually win the West of course as they are in a great position, and I dont think Iowa has played an undefeated Minny team in Nov since those late 1950's early 1960's games. Too bad Iowa couldnt score a couple more TDs and we might be looking at undefeated Iowa vs undefeated Minny. Vegas probably wouldnt even have given odds on that or no one would have taken the bet.

Does anybody really think that Wisconsin has turned into an average team? They will probably lose @OSU, but should run the table against the rest and win the West with 7-2 record.

Iowa will lose to Wiscy and 1 more game and finish 5-4

Minny will lose to Wiscy, PSU and 1 other team, finish 6-3

Everybody else are just pretenders

For the next few weeks Minny will probably be leading the division. They are currently at least 1 game up on everyone. If Wisconsin loses next week they are 2 games up on everyone. Minny doesn't get a real tough game until they play PSU

I am looking at the whole West division if Iowa wins out or losses just one more game which could be pie in the sky:

Minny - Loses 2-3 games PSU, Iowa, maybe wisky , finishes 6-3
Wisky - loses 2-3, OSU, maybe Iowa, Minny finishes 7-2 or 6-3
Iowa - Loses zero or 1 more finishes 7-2 or 6-3 (loss to wisky or Minny)
Nebby - Loses 3 PUr, Iowa , Wisky Finishes 4-5 (Hawks defense holds down Nebby and Iowa offense can score on Nebby
Purdue - loses 1 to Wisky, 3 of other 4 at home against not stiff competition, they have 2 QBs, and great receivers

Illinois and NW lose enough games

Looking at the head to head games Iowa still has a chance, Minny could actually win the West of course as they are in a great position, and I dont think Iowa has played an undefeated Minny team in Nov since those late 1950's early 1960's games. Too bad Iowa couldnt score a couple more TDs and we might be looking at undefeated Iowa vs undefeated Minny. Vegas probably wouldnt even have given odds on that or no one would have taken the bet.
Iowa really needs to win out and will be favored in every game except Wisconsin (probably a 12 point underdog vs Wiscy). If Iowa can do that, we will win the West, if not, it will probably be Wiscy, maybe Minny. The biggest thing the Illinois game showed us is Wisconsin can be beat. It didn’t change too much what we need to do.

Iowa really needs to win out and will be favored in every game except Wisconsin (probably a 12 point underdog vs Wiscy). If Iowa can do that, we will win the West, if not, it will probably be Wiscy, maybe Minny. The biggest thing the Illinois game showed us is Wisconsin can be beat. It didn’t change too much what we need to do.

Yes all teams can be beat in college football but Wisky losing to an Illini team that didnt muster much offense shows that if you make Wisky have to go the long road and if you have a good defensive day you can beat them.

Wisky losing to an Illini team that didnt muster much offense shows that if you make Wisky have to go the long road and if you have a good defensive day you can beat them.

I don't know- that's only 2 weeks away.

Can Kirk come up w/ a "last survivor" beard in so little time?

Yes all teams can be beat in college football but Wisky losing to an Illini team that didnt muster much offense shows that if you make Wisky have to go the long road and if you have a good defensive day you can beat them.
Also, if we beat Wiscy and Minny, even if we lose a game like Nebraska or NW, we still would probably win the West due to tiebreakers. Minny has a tough schedule, likely 3 more losses, if we beat them. Wiscy plays tOSU so same with them. We must beat Wiscy and Minny though.

Jesus, Wisconsin had an off day. Remember when we beat OSU in Kinnick? It was a stroke of luck period. We are not all of a sudden going to find an offense against the #1 defense in the nation at their place, when our offense has been crap all year against P5 teams. We will be lucky to not lose 2-3 more games.

Jesus, Wisconsin had an off day. Remember when we beat OSU in Kinnick? It was a stroke of luck period. We are not all of a sudden going to find an offense against the #1 defense in the nation at their place, when our offense has been crap all year against P5 teams. We will be lucky to not lose 2-3 more games.
You’re trying too hard.

I have trouble taking Minnesota seriously. The toughest team they have beaten is Nebraska.
If they beat Penn State and Wisconsin then they can puff their chest out but until that happens they can just shut up. The Iowa game against Minnesota is a toss up because our defense is excellent and our offense barely has a pulse.

I have trouble taking Minnesota seriously. The toughest team they have beaten is Nebraska.
If they beat Penn State and Wisconsin then they can puff their chest out but until that happens they can just shut up. The Iowa game against Minnesota is a toss up because our defense is excellent and our offense barely has a pulse.
I think Iowa will be favored by about 7 against Minnie, we’ll see.

For the next few weeks Minny will probably be leading the division. They are currently at least 1 game up on everyone. If Wisconsin loses next week they are 2 games up on everyone. Minny doesn't get a real tough game until they play PSU

Yeah I agree. The toughest team they played is Nebraska, and that was without Martinez. Nebraska is limping along on 3 cylinders.

LOL, losing to Illinois is just an “off day”, but losing @Michigan or against Penn St means you are dog shit.

Its kinda hard to predict these things, especially late in the season. I'm not sold on anyone in the West frankly. There isn't that much difference between Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Iowa hasn't had their signature win yet this season so perhaps that comes in Madison in a couple of weeks? Minnesota has been rowing against a creek so far. Lets see how well they do when they have to row against the Mississippi. Wisconsin has Ohio State next week followed by Iowa (who will be coming off a bye week for that game BTW). Literally anything can happen. I think we will know alot more by the time the Nov 9th games are completed. Either way, I think we can safely assume teams in the West are competing for the right to be Ohio State's punching bag in Indy!

Latest posts