ALL OF A SUDDEN WE ARE NOT A LOCK FOR THE TOURNAMENT

I want a link to any reputable source that has Iowa either on the bubble or out at this point in their NCAA projections. Your Facebook page doesn't count.

Setting everything else aside...The BTT winner does get an automatic bid so we're in great shape.

The regular season will net us 23 wins, plus at least 2 in the BIG tourney... no way a 25 win BIG team doesn't make it.

We do need to win more games to be in the tournament, we can't lose out and get in. However, there is no way in hell we are losing all of our remaining games.

Yep, I agree.

Saturday's game is a big one. Win, and it could kickstart the Hawks into finishing strong. Lose...well, that's another home loss and it COULD cause doubt to creep in, and start the team on a tailspin.

I'm not ready to write this team off (even if they lose to Michigan). I think the players have a mindset that they are going to make the NCAA this year, and will do whatever it takes to get there. And beating Michigan will look very nice on their resume.

this team will not fall apart. Fran will have them playing their best ball of the season the next few weeks. Wait and see

this team will not fall apart. Fran will have them playing their best ball of the season the next few weeks. Wait and see
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt....
I've seen nothing in the past month that would cause me to believe this. Izzo showed the rest of the conference and the nation how to beat Iowa last week, and I've seen nothing out of Fran except sideline glowering.

We've gone from having a 99% chance before Tuesday night to 90%. A loss to Michigan and I say it's down to 80%. That's how it works folks.

Those are very generic, vanilla projections. All OSU should have done was take away a game from our total we could have had in the Win column. In other words, there should be a goal Win total and then a column for Others. One game lose means one less game to reach that win goal. But dang, 10 full points? Major injuries don't even do that to odds.

Thanks for your opinion. I hope you don't care if I disagree. Fran has a habit of his teams finishing playing their best ball Lets play I out and see what happens
I've seen nothing in the past month that would cause me to believe this. Izzo showed the rest of the conference and the nation how to beat Iowa last week, and I've seen nothing out of Fran except sideline glowering.

And "Much Whine" is not an alcohol section in an Asian food market. Izzo showed other teams to let Iowa miss easy Free Throws and refs to miss easy calls? In other words, things that have absolutely nothing to do with Izzo; they were mistakes on behalf of the two entities he had no say over. Ohio St. out-hit us in 3-pt FG and FT 7-2 and 19-12. Or is that Izzo's big secret? Hit a ton more three pointers and Free Throws than Iowa and you're a winner! Is that it??

We do need to win more games to be in the tournament, we can't lose out and get in. However, there is no way in hell we are losing all of our remaining games.

They could easily be out of the tournament! I don't know what Iowa team some of you are watching but the one I'm watching has been over hyped all year. Can't shoot free throws, 3pt shot is sporadic at best, they are predictable in the end of close game, and they lack the "go to" guy to fire them up, they all look like they are in a haze. Need a player to get fired up and start getting mad during the games. As fans, we have the right to be critical so jumping off a ledge is not an option. I don't like Craft as an opponent but man we need someone like him to rally the troups!

They could easily be out of the tournament! I don't know what Iowa team some of you are watching but the one I'm watching has been over hyped all year. Can't shoot free throws, 3pt shot is sporadic at best, they are predictable in the end of close game, and they lack the "go to" guy to fire them up, they all look like they are in a haze. Need a player to get fired up and start getting mad during the games. As fans, we have the right to be critical so jumping off a ledge is not an option. I don't like Craft as an opponent but man we need someone like him to rally the troups!

Agreed, this team is a bunch of frauds, led by the biggest fraud of them all Fran. The amount of preseason hype was way over the top, to be a preseason "Also Receiving Votes" selection after the season we had last year is laughable looking bak at it. Same group of choke artists, led by the same under achieving, hot headed coach. The wheels are officially off the program.

Agreed, this team is a bunch of frauds, led by the biggest fraud of them all Fran. The amount of preseason hype was way over the top, to be a preseason "Also Receiving Votes" selection after the season we had last year is laughable looking bak at it. Same group of choke artists, led by the same under achieving, hot headed coach. The wheels are officially off the program.

How about "this team could win it all" "Final 4", you sound disappointed these predictions will not come true!

Can't tell if serious, hopefully you are not. Every loss has been single digits and every team we lost to is currently ranked. Plenty of issues with the on court product I agree but Fran has done a great job with this program.

How about "this team could win it all" "Final 4", you sound disappointed these predictions will not come true!

Hell, I don't even think we will make it back to the Final Four this year, we are lacking May's toughness this year. Hope you enjoyed last year cause that's as good as it's going to get under Fran.

We're a ******* lock. We beat the # 3 team in the country on their floor!! We are favorties to dismantle the mighty Michigan on Saturday. The question is seed. We will win all but maybe one of our remaining games... should end up a 4 or 5.
Yea, isn't that the same unranked team that just beat Iowa at home.

So there was or wasn't hype?? If there was hype we'd be more than receiving votes. After all, how overrated can you be if you're not rated? Most hype I saw had it right on; Top 3 B1G finish and a Tourney bid. I added extra and predicted we'd get into the top ten. As usual, Fran has met or exceeded all expectations. And some of our best players just happen to be sophomores; his favorite class to have his players take that huge step.

Best part: We haven't been hot yet this year. Everything we've seen thus far is either below us or perfectly indicative of what we have. I want to see what this team looks like clicking everywhere.

Hell, I don't even think we will make it back to the Final Four this year, we are lacking May's toughness this year. Hope you enjoyed last year cause that's as good as it's going to get under Fran.

They could make it back to the NIT final 4, deeper team, easier competition. If only they had May back :)

Latest posts