All of a sudden, CJ's series makes complete sense to me...

So Rudock has a confidence problem but Beathard doesn't? Is Rudock, the starting QB, determining what kind of offense is run because of his lack of confidence?

Having a pure 2 QB system where you throw in either guy if the other is struggling...that's going to mess with ANY college QB's confidence. It's not healthy. It's chaotic. Having a designed package and gameplan that is a known thing since Spring is a different story.

Not trying to infer that Ferentz is babying Rudock, or that he needs to. BUT, QB's are like kickers...if you get them to second guess themselves, they will fail. Especially at the college level. I think having a set package for CJ to run mitigates that potential issue, MUCH more than saying "OK CJ you're going in this drive just because"

Look we need to score points and if Jake's confidence gets shaky because they give CJB ONE series a half then he can't be a very confident kid to begin with and I don't think that's the case. All I know is that I've seen enough data points to know that WHOEVER is in there we move the ball better when we don't try and slug it out taking 30 seconds to run a play every time. You think Auburn and Oregon don't know something about scoring points! KF needs to get with the times. He thinks he needs to win every game 24-21 and with our kicking game this year we are going to loss 9-12 points because we can't make FGs we need TDs this year.

Look we need to score points...He thinks he needs to win every game 24-21 and with our kicking game this year we are going to loss 9-12 points because we can't make FGs we need TDs this year.
Exactly. We need to take advantage of every scoring oppourtunity. I keep thinking this may be some kind of quick strike package, all scripted and ready to go. I don't see KF every pulling JR during a drive for reasons mentioned above but what about a drive that stalls out and we turn it over on a missed FG? That's a missed scoring oppourtunity. Should the defense force a turnover deep in the opponents territory a play or two after the offense comes off the field would we see KF call for the package?

I hope we see the "package" a couple times a game.

But if KF didnt pull Vandenberg during 2012 he aint pulling Jake R this season especially with JR's stats, no picks, lots of yards and high percentage.

I still say we need to run more out of shotgun even with JR running when it is there but on orders to get down or OOB. And we need to pass more out of under center pro-style.

Canzeri and Bullock run pretty well out of shotgun picking their holes on more delay action than zone read.

Latest posts