All Eyes on Oklahoma

SirJamaLot

The future of two conferences could be decided by the Okies tomorrow. I'm guessing the Oklahoma schools will go west? Anybody else?

Great info: if this happens and the ACC and Pac 16 go to 16 does the Big 10 sit and wait? I would bet the SEC picks 3 more.

Are there three more teams out there that really move the needle enough for the SEC to share more? I see West Virginia and that's about it. I just don't see Louisville and Cincinnati being attractive enough for the SEC to go to 16 teams.

If the PAC does take four schools, maybe the Big 12 goes back to the Big 8: Iowa State, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Baylor, TCU, Louisville, Cincy. That would be a nice basketball conference. It would be very difficult to schedule 5 non-conference football games, though, and no conference championship game revenue would make it tough sledding. I don't see how that group gets an automatic BCS bid, either.

Iowa State has to hope that the PAC takes Oklahoma but draws the line at Texas's BS. Then they have a shot of holding things together.

If the Pac-16 absorbs those programs (and those states), while the ACC gobbles up the East Coast...I don't see the SEC or B1G standing idly by (they are the biggest money earners...for now). Question is, who among the schools left do you take? The Midwest TV markets aren't as lucrative as the ones down South (if we assume population = TV numbers), but there are major markets.

Does the B1G keep within the geographic footprint and try to land Missouri and the Kansas markets? Will Notre Dame be forced to make a decision about conferences?

I expect that tomorrow that the University of Oklahoma and University of Texas will formally state they will be exploring new conference affiliations. It is all they will say. In two weeks from Monday they will make application to the PAC 12 to become members. It will then be up the the PAC 12 to accept any two of the following: Kansas, Texas Tech, Missouri, or Oklahoma State. Missouri and Kansas are better academic schools and add two more states to the foot print.

In other moves in the next two weeks U Conn and Rutgers make it known they are seeking membership in the ACC. Before November they are admitted as members.

SEC and Big Ten will not do anything.

A Big Tweast will form. ISU, KSU, Baylor, TCU, WVU, S Fl, Cincy, Louisville, (two of Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech). In 2014 the BCS contract has to be renewed and the Big Tweast loses its AQ status.

A Big Tweast will form. ISU, KSU, Baylor, TCU, WVU, S Fl, Cincy, Louisville, (two of Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech). In 2014 the BCS contract has to be renewed and the Big Tweast loses its AQ status.

And here is when the lawsuits will come in that will finally bring it down.

I could also see several possible ways to keep the law suits from happening. 1) The Bigger conferences agree to take in some of the smaller schools Ex.. Big Ten takes a school like ISU or SEC takes a school like Baylor. 2) They come up with a way to keep schools like ISU, and Baylor going with some sort of revenue sharing and BCS eligibility. If they don’t do something to keep the smaller schools alive the whole thing is going to get very ugly and could end college athletics as we know it. ESPN is already pushing to pay player which would mean doing away with college football as we know it and going to a minor league system like baseball.

If non AQ schools threaten law suits in a four super conference scenario it is completely possible those four conferences could leave the NCAA, start their own league, n have in affect a playoff for the NC. It would ruin some other sports and potentially march madness. I don't think this would happen, but it's been talked about by people that talk about these things...

rediculous

48-transformers-facepalm.jpg

If non AQ schools threaten law suits in a four super conference scenario it is completely possible those four conferences could leave the NCAA, start their own league, n have in affect a playoff for the NC. It would ruin some other sports and potentially march madness. I don't think this would happen, but it's been talked about by people that talk about these things...

I see this a pretty likely end-game, actually

Latest posts