All Appears Well Between Eno and Iowa

It's very interesting/scary what role social media plays in the recruiting processes of prospective student athletes nowadays. I gotta say, though, that Eno seems like a very well-rounded, well-spoken, smart individual with a good head on his shoulders, and he really seems to be taking this whole process in stride. I can imagine most recruits would get fed up with this type of social media broo-ha-ha and flip their decisions based upon how a fan base (mostly GROWN ADULTS) will act on social media.

( cue James Bond music )

But what if he's really a double agent now??

Nebraska turned him ( those nefarious bastards! ), then gave him a secret mission:

"Infiltrate the deepest levels of Iowa recruiting- learn their methods and all of their targets. Use any available means to hamper their efforts and turn their other key commits. But, do not risk revealing your true commitment. GBR!"

Eno Benjamin forever uncleeeeeeeean !!

I think Eno needs to agree that from here on out he will give Hawkeye Nation a heads up and request a written approval before putting anything on Twitter, just to make sure he's not misleading anyone who doesn't know him but follows him on social media.

This is so dumb. If Iowa's coaches were to give him any jazz about him taking an official visit I'd be shocked. I know Iowa's staff in the past has pulled schollies for that but that's circumstantial. No way no how does Iowa pull that kind of power trip on this kid. Even KF isn't that crazy. Sorry but not all recruits are created equal and if Eno wants to go party at ASU for a weekend you let him. You have to take that risk. If he gets a wild hair and wants to visit anywhere else Iowa's coaches have to be ok with it to him at least. Would it be nice if he keeps is word and shuts down going anywhere else? Sure. But he's a teenager with options. That makes him unpredictable and even he least of all can't tell you if he'll change his mind. I think most of Hawkeye Nation would be better suited to not pay all that much attention to his recruiting till closer to signing day. Till he says he's not a Hawk he is one.

I look forward to seeing him in black and old gold. But when he arrives on campus I imagine Kirk will put his arm around him and say, "Welcome Eno. You've got a grand adventure ahead of you. But if you think you're gonna be blasting away on twitter and facebook as often as Donald, well that's just not gonna happen."

this makes me laugh at all the pin heads who have him going elsewhere
Ya mean like Planned Sick Days? I used to think that dude was an Iowa blogger/podcaster/ Hawkeye fan. Not sure what he is now. Rabble rousin' pot stirrer, I guess.

This is so dumb. Ifthey agreeda's coaches were to give him any jazz about him taking an official visit I'd be shocked. I know Iowa's staff in the past has pulled schollies for that but that's circumstantial. No way no how does Iowa pull that kind of power trip on this kid. Even KF isn't that crazy. Sorry but not all recruits are created equal and if Eno wants to go party at ASU for a weekend you let him. You have to take that risk. If he gets a wild hair and wants to visit anywhere else Iowa's coaches have to be ok with it to him at least. Would it be nice if he keeps is word and shuts down going anywhere else? Sure. But he's a teenager with options. That makes him unpredictable and even he least of all can't tell you if he'll change his mind. I think most of Hawkeye Nation would be better suited to not pay all that much attention to his recruiting till closer to signing day. Till he says he's not a Hawk he is one.
You apparently didn't see the quote offer from iowa that eno tweeted out a few months back then when it stated "you will not take any other visits" on the offer letter and apparently you didn't hear iowas recruiting coordinator kelvi
This is so dumb. If Iowa's coaches were to give him any jazz about him taking an official visit I'd be shocked. I know Iowa's staff in the past has pulled schollies for that but that's circumstantial. No way no how does Iowa pull that kind of power trip on this kid. Even KF isn't that crazy. Sorry but not all recruits are created equal and if Eno wants to go party at ASU for a weekend you let him. You have to take that risk. If he gets a wild hair and wants to visit anywhere else Iowa's coaches have to be ok with it to him at least. Would it be nice if he keeps is word and shuts down going anywhere else? Sure. But he's a teenager with options. That makes him unpredictable and even he least of all can't tell you if he'll change his mind. I think most of Hawkeye Nation would be better suited to not pay all that much attention to his recruiting till closer to signing day. Till he says he's not a Hawk he is one.
You apparently didn't see the formal offer that Iowa gave to eno then with standard wording to all recruits stating they agreed to not taking any additional visits to other schools. Eno tweeted the formal offer out a few months back and apparently you didn't hear Iowas recruiting coordinator Kelvin Bell state that you will not take any additional visits to other schools and that Iowa holds them to that when they accept an offer. Now I am not stating iowa would pull the offer bit they aren't happy when recruits continue to shop around. Like kirk and Kevin bell stated, are we married or are we holding hands? We aren't going to continue to recruit your position when you verbally committed to us so we hold that same standard with the committed recruits.

You apparently didn't see the quote offer from iowa that eno tweeted out a few months back then when it stated "you will not take any other visits" on the offer letter and apparently you didn't hear iowas recruiting coordinator kelvi

You apparently didn't see the formal offer that Iowa gave to eno then with standard wording to all recruits stating they agreed to not taking any additional visits to other schools. Eno tweeted the formal offer out a few months back and apparently you didn't hear Iowas recruiting coordinator Kelvin Bell state that you will not take any additional visits to other schools and that Iowa holds them to that when they accept an offer. Now I am not stating iowa would pull the offer bit they aren't happy when recruits continue to shop around. Like kirk and Kevin bell stated, are we married or are we holding hands? We aren't going to continue to recruit your position when you verbally committed to us so we hold that same standard with the committed recruits.
I get all that it's just flat out irrelevant though. If the kid wants to change his mind 10 times between now and signing day no piece of paper Iowa hands out (or any other school) to a kid means anything unless they actually were to pull the rug on them. Putting a red line in the sand and then not enforcing it makes you look terrible (ask Obama) So call a spade a spade. Eno is a top 10 RB in this class. A program changing/making recruit. Iowa can't make empty threats to him. What's the point in that? Iowa isn't going to tell him to take a walk they just aren't. That's why I wrote what I did about not all recruits are created equal. Iowa doesn't have 3 more top 20 RBs in the hopper hoping Eno changes his mind. The kid in this case holds the cards. Not the staff.

I get all that it's just flat out irrelevant though. If the kid wants to change his mind 10 times between now and signing day no piece of paper Iowa hands out (or any other school) to a kid means anything unless they actually were to pull the rug on them. Putting a red line in the sand and then not enforcing it makes you look terrible (ask Obama) So call a spade a spade. Eno is a top 10 RB in this class. A program changing/making recruit. Iowa can't make empty threats to him. What's the point in that? Iowa isn't going to tell him to take a walk they just aren't. That's why I wrote what I did about not all recruits are created equal. Iowa doesn't have 3 more top 20 RBs in the hopper hoping Eno changes his mind. The kid in this case holds the cards. Not the staff.

I agree that Eno has more options than Kirk. That is, Eno can go to several schools the caliber of Iowa. How many 4-star RBs are begging Kirk for a chance to play for him???

Having said that, I think the contracts Kirk negotiates are a window into the control-freak that lives inside of him. Kirk doesn't like anyone (whether it be Barta or Eno) to be in a position to muscle him.

I hope Eno makes it on board. But Eno himself said "the coaches were unhappy". That's code for Kirk was unhappy. Too much unhappiness on Kirk's part will result in Eno having one less option on signing day in my opinion.

I agree that Eno has more options than Kirk. That is, Eno can go to several schools the caliber of Iowa. How many 4-star RBs are begging Kirk for a chance to play for him???

Having said that, I think the contracts Kirk negotiates are a window into the control-freak that lives inside of him. Kirk doesn't like anyone (whether it be Barta or Eno) to be in a position to muscle him.

I hope Eno makes it on board. But Eno himself said "the coaches were unhappy". That's code for Kirk was unhappy. Too much unhappiness on Kirk's part will result in Eno having one less option on signing day in my opinion.
Oh I have no doubt KF and most HCs would be upset in this situation. They are all control freaks. (It's why I've said that those that think KF has little to nothing to do with Iowa's schedule are crazy) But KF is smart enough to know what the score is. If some two star offensive lineman from Sioux City IA were to do what Eno's done KF would most likely tell him to take a walk and hope ISU or UNI offers him. Eno on the other hand that had to be an entirely different conversation.

Oh I have no doubt KF and most HCs would be upset in this situation. They are all control freaks. (It's why I've said that those that think KF has little to nothing to do with Iowa's schedule are crazy) But KF is smart enough to know what the score is. If some two star offensive lineman from Sioux City IA were to do what Eno's done KF would most likely tell him to take a walk and hope ISU or UNI offers him. Eno on the other hand that had to be an entirely different conversation.

I agree that Eno is going to be given the type of understanding and forgiveness that most other recruits won't receive. But I wouldn't be surprised if you agree with me when I say that there is a limit to how many times a recruit can test Kirk's patience.

I agree that Eno is going to be given the type of understanding and forgiveness that most other recruits won't receive. But I wouldn't be surprised if you agree with me when I say that there is a limit to how many times a recruit can test Kirk's patience.
Oh absolutely. I can't come up with a kid off the top of my head that Iowa was recruiting and due to drama walked away from. And by drama I mean just due to kid continuing to look around. Nothing nefarious anyway. I'm sure others here or yourself may even know of one or some. But yeah there is a line. But Eno's line will be a whole lot flimsier than anyone elses.

You guys are burying your heads in the sand if you think that letting committed kids visit other schools is "harmless". Don't commit if you want to take other visits, that is pretty simple. Iowa gave up on lots of other RB a long time ago because Eno said he is committed. Iowa is committed to Eno and they expect him to be committed to them, it is a two way street.