Alford joins the sleeze...

NewMexHawk

He released a kid for no good reasons so he could make room for Negedu. Made up reasons about breaking team rules. Interesting how the sports shows here are questioning Alford about it and don't really like it...The athletic dept won't discuss it.

No suprise there. I think the honeymoon is over. Stevie got his first tourney victory over an absolutely horrible team - and still struggled. Then got smoked in the second game. My prediction is it will be the first and last tourney victory for them under Alford - they'll never get that high of ranking again and so will never face that low of competition again in the tourney. I'll bet a couple years down the road alot of NM fans will be thinking, "You know those Iowa folks might have been on to something."

Every situation has two sides. If you hate SA then you're going to take the side that shows him in a negative light, and probably exaggerate the story to make you argument a little stronger. If you're open minded you might consider that the kind may have broken rules, or been bad for team chemistry.

I'm just tired of reading stuff about him just because people are still trying to justify hating him.

Every situation has two sides. If you hate SA then you're going to take the side that shows him in a negative light, and probably exaggerate the story to make you argument a little stronger. If you're open minded you might consider that the kind may have broken rules, or been bad for team chemistry.

I'm just tired of reading stuff about him just because people are still trying to justify hating him.

If he signed Negedu and there was an open scholarship then this is a moot point. However, if he had the kid commit to NMU without an open scholarship then to me it more or less leans the way that Alford pulled this kids scholarship.

If he signed Negedu and there was an open scholarship then this is a moot point. However, if he had the kid commit to NMU without an open scholarship then to me it more or less leans the way that Alford pulled this kids scholarship.

So you are saying... that if all four of our recruits and current players had stayed, and we had zero scholarship available, and Harrison Barnes were to get out of his LOI with UNC that you would mad if Coach Fran pulled Devon Archie's scholarship in order to sign Harrison Barnes.

What planet do you live on? I personally do not care for Alford, but this is ridiculous. I doubt that he fabricated the story of the kid breaking rules (can't prove this, but neither can anybody prove that he didn't break team rules).

I said when he was at Iowa that he will be a good coach someday... I just said that it would not be at Iowa... and the reason is because he was not a good fit.

Stop the Alford hating and just leave him alone... he is thousands of miles away, lets focus on the excellent job Coach Fran is doing, and look forward to a new tradition of Hawkeye BB.

So you are saying... that if all four of our recruits and current players had stayed, and we had zero scholarship available, and Harrison Barnes were to get out of his LOI with UNC that you would mad if Coach Fran pulled Devon Archie's scholarship in order to sign Harrison Barnes.

What planet do you live on? I personally do not care for Alford, but this is ridiculous. I doubt that he fabricated the story of the kid breaking rules (can't prove this, but neither can anybody prove that he didn't break team rules).

I said when he was at Iowa that he will be a good coach someday... I just said that it would not be at Iowa... and the reason is because he was not a good fit.

Stop the Alford hating and just leave him alone... he is thousands of miles away, lets focus on the excellent job Coach Fran is doing, and look forward to a new tradition of Hawkeye BB.

I am not exactly sure where you read into any hate on my part. I was pointing out that if Negedu committed prior to an open scholarship then there is room for the argument.

I always find it funny when somebody posts an article about alford, and all these people come on and say they are tired of the alford post (move on) yet they still read them...

Whether you like him or not, Alford is still Alford; he will do what he needs to do to get what he believes to be, the job done; whether or not this incident is right or wrong is secondary to the distance he is putting between himself and the local media; this current incident has leaked up here to Colorado, but really nothing more that what NewMex is saying; the wall has gone up between Steve and the media in Albuquerque; the wall between Steve and all else, is under construction. But who anywhere other than New Mexico really cares?

I always find it funny when somebody posts an article about alford, and all these people come on and say they are tired of the alford post (move on) yet they still read them...

Yannowhat? I'm tired of all the people that are tired of Alford posts posting that they're tired of Alford posts, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosity82
No suprise there. I think the honeymoon is over. Stevie got his first tourney victory over an absolutely horrible team - and still struggled. Then got smoked in the second game. My prediction is it will be the first and last tourney victory for them under Alford - they'll never get that high of ranking again and so will never face that low of competition again in the tourney. I'll bet a couple years down the road alot of NM fans will be thinking, "You know those Iowa folks might have been on to something."

lol.. His team just won 31 games..yeah, the honeymoon is over.

Must've been a serious team rule that was broken to be kicked off the team by a coach that had no problem keeping a rapist on his team.

Did you sleep through last season or something? I think NM is more than happy with their coach after the season they had.

Last edited:
Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford. Steve Alford.

Steve Alford.

Must've been a serious team rule that was broken to be kicked off the team by a coach that had no problem keeping a rapist on his team.

better yet maybe he learned something from that entire situation. sorry that doesnt fit your flame, i know. i am sure you are quite perfect, lol.

HAHAHA. I would have given anything to win 31 games and win an NCAA tourney game...unreal how bitter some of you are. He is gone, get over it.

This post is simply classic, lol.