Albert Young named in Favre's latest inappropirate masseuse encounter

I am sorry these women made advances so the guys responded and now they complain... whatever... go away you gold digging 15 min fame grabbing *****

Wow, you're an idiot. This woman went to her superiors and to the police before going public. Real gold digger there.

Women should be able to do the jobs they want to do without being subjected to come ons, harassment and unwanted advances from anyone.

I have two daughters and the world they will go off into someday scares the crap out of me.

I love the fact that this ad is on this page...

imgad.jpg

If I am a professional athletes I think I'd rather get rubbed down by a female than a male, just my thought though.

I would also.......and it has nothing to do with me worrying about "it" moving like George from "Sienfeld".

In general, I'm leaning towards Jon and the farm dude on this one. Its the 21st century you just can't do that crap anymore. The ego/hormones of a pro athletes as a justification for this behavior is just a bad argument in the defense of this stuff.

The athletes should be held accountable, absolutely. They deserve whatever punishment they get, and possibly more.

My only point was that I'd be surprised if teams didn't stop hiring women for these particular positions.

I am honestly shocked that their are this many people willing to show themselves as somewhat ignorant or whatever word you want to use.

It comes off as basically saying we can't expect adult men to behave themselves or at least try to act civilized when an attractive women works with them. Perhaps they should think about accepting a massage if they know they can't control themselves.

If teams quit hiring women to perform jobs they are perfecting capable of performing they can do so. However, they should then be prepared to field the many discrimination cased against them and award the millions of dollars that the women have coming to them.

Are people really ignorant enough to forget history and the leaps women have come to at least approach equality just because athletes are involved? '

In that case here is a list of other things we better protect women from by not letting them do it:
1. Military - out, too many young men
2. college - out, too many drunk young men
3. Work field - out, at least until men have matured
4. sports - already covered
5. High School - boys hitting puberty, we can't possibly expect them not to harass girls can we?
6. Doctors - they of course couldn't do this due to our not allowing them an education and all, but we have to get those in the profession out as doctors sometimes have to see men with out clothes

I'm probably missing some, but discrimination isn't something I practice so it's tough to come up with a good list...

I am honestly shocked that their are this many people willing to show themselves as somewhat ignorant or whatever word you want to use.

It comes off as basically saying we can't expect adult men to behave themselves or at least try to act civilized when an attractive women works with them. Perhaps they should think about accepting a massage if they know they can't control themselves.

If teams quit hiring women to perform jobs they are perfecting capable of performing they can do so. However, they should then be prepared to field the many discrimination cased against them and award the millions of dollars that the women have coming to them.

Are people really ignorant enough to forget history and the leaps women have come to at least approach equality just because athletes are involved? '

In that case here is a list of other things we better protect women from by not letting them do it:
5. High School - boys hitting puberty, we can't possibly expect them not to harass girls can we?
6. Doctors - they of course couldn't do this due to our not allowing them an education and all, but we have to get those in the profession out as doctors sometimes have to see men with out clothes

I'm probably missing some, but discrimination isn't something I practice so it's tough to come up with a good list...

I didn't say that I agree with that line of thinking. So far, it's creating trouble for the Vikings. And a masseuse (sp?) is not your typical co-worker, either. Comparing that to the gal working in the next cubicle is a little impractical.

Not saying they should, because these guys should be able to control themselves. But as has been demonstrated, some of them can't, or aren't willing to. And teams are more likely to stop hiring female masseuses (sp? again) than they are to cut a Brett Favre.

When you go into the voting both you don't discriminate between candidates for office? You realize that voting for multiple candidates for the same office is a crime, don't you?

When you go into the voting both you don't discriminate between candidates for office? You realize that voting for multiple candidates for the same office is a crime, don't you?

Well, when accepting or giving praise I believe in humility. When you are telling someone they did a nice job do you try to humiliate them? See, words have different meaning in different contexts. Effort noted, execution sloppy.

I didn't say that I agree with that line of thinking. So far, it's creating trouble for the Vikings. And a masseuse (sp?) is not your typical co-worker, either. Comparing that to the gal working in the next cubicle is a little impractical.

Not saying they should, because these guys should be able to control themselves. But as has been demonstrated, some of them can't, or aren't willing to. And teams are more likely to stop hiring female masseuses (sp? again) than they are to cut a Brett Favre.

I completely understand what you are trying to say. However, I come from a place and was raised in a way that tells me the easiest way is rarely the right way. Not hiring them is easy because that means we can ignore the moral ineptitude of professional athletes instead of hoping to alter their unacceptable behavior.

I briefly took a look at some images of Young through Google. I noticed the tatoo on the left arm of the person in the photo, so I thought I'd take a look and see if Young has that tat as well. Now I don't know when all the images I saw were taken, but I didn't see any ink like the one in the picture. So it might be unfounded, I don't know.

Edit: I found this photo a few minutes ago. It's from last August, so he's maybe gotten the tat since then, but it's clear in this image that he didn't have it at the time.

Minnesota Viking Running Back Albert Young signs autographs. Stock Photo - 5619067 : Bigstock

5014846.jpg

Tat is on the right arm. The nude photo is a mirror image. This is not good for Albert.

I see there are some people advocating that teams refuse to hire females for these positions. Does that include athletic trainers and physical therapists in addition to massage therapists?

It seems like refusing to hire a person for a position based solely upon their gender would be frowned upon.

I think the reason that we continue to see behavior like this is because no one has ever held these guys accountable and forced them to change. It starts pretty early in their careers (junior high, high school age) and continues on because it's allowed to continue.

I see there are some people advocating that teams refuse to hire females for these positions. Does that include athletic trainers and physical therapists in addition to massage therapists?

It seems like refusing to hire a person for a position based solely upon their gender would be frowned upon.

I think the reason that we continue to see behavior like this is because no one has ever held these guys accountable and forced them to change. It starts pretty early in their careers (junior high, high school age) and continues on because it's allowed to continue.

This implys that Kirk Ferentz would turn a blind eye to this behavior, which I cannot imagine him doing.

Originally Posted by hawkcigar

This implys that Kirk Ferentz would turn a blind eye to this behavior, which I cannot imagine him doing.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that Ferentz turns a blind eye to bad behavior and I don't think I was singling him out in any way. I think he has a track record of handling problems when they happen. (I know that not many Cyclone fans will agree with that statement but I believe Ferentz is a good man and will handle problems as they occur)

I'm referring to players who seem to have patterns of behavior that go on and on. I don't think Iowa currently has those types of problems because they are addressed.

Latest posts