Alaric Jackson on Iowa Official, What's Next, When He'll Announce

If Jackson doesn't sign with Iowa (but I think he will), I can't decide if it would be worse to lose him to the Clowns, or to Nebraska (since we just lost out on Farniok to them).

i felt reading article he was leaning Iowa...We'll see

If Jackson doesn't sign with Iowa (but I think he will), I can't decide if it would be worse to lose him to the Clowns, or to Nebraska (since we just lost out on Farniok to them).

Isn't his friend Lattimore? I can't see him wanting to go to ISU over Iowa - that makes no sense. That's a moribound program. Nebraska still has a lot to offer a kid, so that wouldn't be as much of a surprise. Hope he decides he wants to be a Hawkeye.

Gotta say Campbell has did a stellar job recruiting in such a short time..Got 3 star TE Chase Allen yesterday who was also targeted by Michigan..(didn't realize Chase Allen is the son of Terry Allen)..

Gotta say Campbell has did a stellar job recruiting in such a short time..Got 3 star TE Chase Allen yesterday who was also targeted my Michigan..(didn't realize Chase Allen is the son of Terry Allen)..

Chase lived in Ames for several years when his dad was coaching there. Terry is also in the running for the AD job at UNI so it isn't surprising he committed to ISU. It isn't like they get him if he has no ties to ISU.

Chase lived in Ames for several years when his dad was coaching there. Terry is also in the running for the AD job at UNI so it isn't surprising he committed to ISU. It isn't like they get him if he has no ties to ISU.

And Michigan just signed a four-star tight end. I don't even know if the Michigan offer was still out there for Chase.

Isn't his friend Lattimore? I can't see him wanting to go to ISU over Iowa - that makes no sense. That's a moribound program. Nebraska still has a lot to offer a kid, so that wouldn't be as much of a surprise. Hope he decides he wants to be a Hawkeye.

Not sure it's true anymore that ISU is a moribund program. There are some signs of life with Campbell there now I'm afraid. Just like to approach things with eyes wide open I guess.

Not sure it's true anymore that ISU is a moribund program. There are some signs of life with Campbell there now I'm afraid. Just like to approach things with eyes wide open I guess.

No reason to be afraid. If he's gunna enough to get them to 6 wins a couple seasons in a row he'll leave for greener pastures.

Ah, good old Clown optimism. I remember when Rhoads came in and went 7-6 his first season. Clowns said they would rule the state, win the conference, blah, blah, blah. This will be much the same with Campbell, except he won't win 7 in his first year.

i think he goes to iowa - given his final three are iowa, isu, nebraska - here is some logic.

1. ISU. I think he visited ISU just because of the proximity to Iowa given he was visiting Iowa. Had he visited ISU before? Has ISU had an in-home with him? I don't know, but don't think so. I think ISU was late and Jackson gave them a courtesy visit based on proximity. Just looked it up - ISU offered december 1st. Iowa had offered him June 1st. Nebraska offered him 2/2015.

2. Didn't he cancel his official visit to Nebraska? If you were really considering them, wouldn't you take that official visit?

3. Iowa. Took the official visit. Good friend Lattimore already committed to Iowa. Lattimore stated more good news coming out of Michigan after official visit. Reportedly had a great time and liked what he saw at Iowa while on his official visit.....Iowa has the OL reputation - develops a lot of players for big time college awards and NFL contracts. This kid is raw - only two years playing football - needs a program that can develop him.

I say Iowa.

i think he goes to iowa - given his final three are iowa, isu, nebraska - here is some logic.

1. ISU. I think he visited ISU just because of the proximity to Iowa given he was visiting Iowa. Had he visited ISU before? Has ISU had an in-home with him? I don't know, but don't think so. I think ISU was late and Jackson gave them a courtesy visit based on proximity. Just looked it up - ISU offered december 1st. Iowa had offered him June 1st. Nebraska offered him 2/2015.

2. Didn't he cancel his official visit to Nebraska? If you were really considering them, wouldn't you take that official visit?

3. Iowa. Took the official visit. Good friend Lattimore already committed to Iowa. Lattimore stated more good news coming out of Michigan after official visit. Reportedly had a great time and liked what he saw at Iowa while on his official visit.....Iowa has the OL reputation - develops a lot of players for big time college awards and NFL contracts. This kid is raw - only two years playing football - needs a program that can develop him.

I say Iowa.

But...but...a storm is brewing?!?

I say Iowa.

he said he visited ISU because Campbell recruited him at Toledo..

"Due to some difficulties going on in this process of recruiting I will be postponing my commitment to February 3rd, 2016 on Signing Day."

He was supposed to announce today @ 3:30. Said that this morning. Now this delay. I think Michigan is involved after they lost a OL recruit this weekend. He added the Michigan OL coach to his twitter followers recently

Do you think this is a case of Matt Campbell doing some things to get this kid a Michigan offer at the last minute to keep a talented kid from coming to Iowa? Look at how things worked, he gets a Michigan offer right after visiting Ames? Doesn't that sound a little suspicious? Like Matt Campbell lectured him on The Power of Michigan and how great it is to play in The Big House?

I wonder if Michigan only gave him a conditional offer. They have alot of moving parts right now with many four and five star recruits still undecided. He may prefer Michigan but have to wait until a few players go elsewhere on Wednesday. Then maybe things open up for him. Could put Iowa in a interesting place if I am right. Do you take a guy who you are the second choice, or do you send the Letter of Intent papers to someone who Iowa would be top choice. If you wait until he decides, you may not fill the scholly.

I don't know why Michigan would rescind offers to a couple of 4 star linemen only to offer a 3 star at the same position.

Latest posts