Alaric Jackson announcing today

You do realize Iowa does this as well right? So I assume you are saying Desmond King should have seen KF coming from a mile away too when he switched to Iowa late correct? Or the other countless guys we offered late that came here?

I will never understand people that flip out over a kid changing his mind. Do you understand how much ******* pressure these kids are under? Having coaches calling and texting them all the time, tons of mail daily, all their friends at school telling them what they should do?

Iowa will be fine if he doesn't come here.

This. We'll be fine.

The one thing you can count on with guys like Harbaugh. They'll make the kid feel like a million bucks. Provide benefits that may be bending the rules and if he doesn't produce right off the bat the benefits will dry up, he'll be over recruited and he'll be yesterday's news as far as Harbaugh is concerned.

they lost an OT over the weekend to Stanford - per this thread - it's not about keeping him away from anyone else - it's about filling a need and with someone close to home who they think will be a commit. No doubt he was on their board, just down the line.

Swenson - wouldn't it be nice if he was still on their verbal list???????
Who knows what motivates Harbaugh. I wouldn't ascribe traditional thinking to him. I'm sure he'll take a tackle with this kid's potential, heck, Iowa would, so why wouldn't Michigan think the same thing, even if they borrowed the thought from Iowa. At the same time, it's a bigger coup to steal a kid from another team in the same conference. Iowa would gladly do it. Hope the kid decides Iowa is the right fit for him - he's obviously wanted here. Even if he was on their list, Michigan still thinks of him as table scraps.

For Harbaugh, it's probably as much about keeping this kid from ending up at another Big Ten school, than coming to Michigan. Recruiting is a ruthless process - there's is no honor or integrity any more, if there ever was.

The whole recruiting process is crazy, now more so than ever.

If these young men still had better guidance from older adult men they would not play for d-bags like Harbaugh ever. These days there are far to many single parent households where the father is absent. On the other hand AJ has a great father who is helping him out greatly in his recruiting process.

^This is awesome.

We need an early signing date. Might not have helped in this case, but it would help a school like Iowa most of the time, I think.

I'm guessing Beyer or Hockenson will make the switch to OT. It's worked pretty well in the past.

This is one of the reasons I quit obsessing over recruiting. These are 17/18 year old kids that us adults are fixated on. Plus as a tackle there's about a 90% chance he's redshirted and a high probability he won't even see the field until 2019...if ever

It's just a huge waste of time

Still just a kid. I hope it works out for him. If it doesn't, it's an early lesson in life. Either way best of luck to him.

If he decides to go to Iowa, he'll see an actual commitment from the school he goes to and not vice verse.

Whatever he decides I have faith we'll be fine. No negativity from me. He isn't a hawkeye yet and hasn't committed

All that said, I'm sure Iowa has told him if he's wavering then his schollie is up in the air and they've prepared for this. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a new non walk on commit soon

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ackson-michigan-football-recruiting/79689528/

I still think we have a decent chance with this fella. You'd think not having spent time on a visit to MI leaves many things in the gray area for him not the least of which might be really knowing the staff and being able to make other comparisons to the Iowa program & culture. ...........trying to see the glass half full here.

<<You'd think not having spent time on a visit to MI...>>

It's not about time HE spent, it's about cash MICHIGAN spent.