Alaric Jackson announcing today

Announcing at noon

Announcing after school

Announcing on signing day

....and all this convincing in a short time considering we're in a dead period of limited access to recruits........electronic or written only? Could make it tough for Iowa at this point as well.

Maybe we should just go take that offensive lineman that just committed to Iowa State to make us feel better. Although for some reason we never seemed to want that guy.

He is a fallback to a fallback for Michigan. If I were Iowa I'd tell him if he wants to play musical chairs with scholarships with Harbaugh, then so be it. Just know there is NO offer waiting for him on Wednesday here at Iowa. Maybe this will knock some sense into him, as maybe he will realize that Harbaugh won't have a scholarship waiting for him at all if he doesn't lose all the kids he think he might.

wtf is w/these kids, damn it all to hell, same $hit every year at this time, does not surprise me at all. If this kid is smart he should've seen Harbaugh coming a mile away

Makes me wonder if he was hoping this would eventually happen..seeing as he couldn't seem to make up his mind..

For Harbaugh, it's probably as much about keeping this kid from ending up at another Big Ten school, than coming to Michigan. Recruiting is a ruthless process - there's is no honor or integrity any more, if there ever was.

Our inability to recruit OT is perhaps the most perplexing recruiting thing I've seen. I mean, producing NFL quality OT's is completely our thing. The lack of rational thought is crazy. It is a terrible decision for Jackson to go to Michigan--he's a fallback recruit, they recruit other highly-rated OTs, Harbaugh is insane, and his coaching staff has no track record of Oline development. Sure he get's to go to "Michigan" and the prestige that surrounds that. But if we wants the best chance to get on the field, develop into a good player, and potentially make the NFL, Iowa is such an obviously better fit.

He would have to be extremely stupid not to accept the Iowa offer considering Iowa's proven track record in developing offensive lineman for the NFL.

For Harbaugh, it's probably as much about keeping this kid from ending up at another Big Ten school, than coming to Michigan. Recruiting is a ruthless process - there's is no honor or integrity any more, if there ever was.

they lost an OT over the weekend to Stanford - per this thread - it's not about keeping him away from anyone else - it's about filling a need and with someone close to home who they think will be a commit. No doubt he was on their board, just down the line.

Swenson - wouldn't it be nice if he was still on their verbal list???????

wtf is w/these kids, damn it all to hell, same $hit every year at this time, does not surprise me at all. If this kid is smart he should've seen Harbaugh coming a mile away

You do realize Iowa does this as well right? So I assume you are saying Desmond King should have seen KF coming from a mile away too when he switched to Iowa late correct? Or the other countless guys we offered late that came here?

I will never understand people that flip out over a kid changing his mind. Do you understand how much ******* pressure these kids are under? Having coaches calling and texting them all the time, tons of mail daily, all their friends at school telling them what they should do?

Iowa will be fine if he doesn't come here.

Our inability to recruit OT is perhaps the most perplexing recruiting thing I've seen. I mean, producing NFL quality OT's is completely our thing. The lack of rational thought is crazy. It is a terrible decision for Jackson to go to Michigan--he's a fallback recruit, they recruit other highly-rated OTs, Harbaugh is insane, and his coaching staff has no track record of Oline development. Sure he get's to go to "Michigan" and the prestige that surrounds that. But if we wants the best chance to get on the field, develop into a good player, and potentially make the NFL, Iowa is such an obviously better fit.

Michigan sends players to the NFL as well. He's 45 minutes from home.....instead of 9/10 hours. It's easier on his family relative to seeing him play. Harbaugh has won everywhere he's been. I could go on.

Pretty tough for a young kid to be able to turn down the money that Michigan seems to come up at any given point.