@Alabama and lose a home game?

Like I said earlier..... Alabama's brand has gotten too valuable to waste on an opponent's home field. If they can continue to schedule a majority of their non conference games either at home or on neutral sites why would Alabama ever agree to a home & home with a team like Iowa? No matter what they say, the college football game of today is mostly about the money.......

North Texas. We are starting to recruit in Texas - more benefits playing them than Alabama.

WRONG

I wonder how many 16/17 y/o kids in Texas even know where Denton is!? Playing N.Texas gets us not-a-damn-thing ... playing marquee names gets us mentioned with marquee names. Look at what Izzo's done with MSU basketball ... he schedules like Duke does, not like we do. You think some hot shot in Houston is going to watch us play N.Texas on BTN or give two craps about it? No way! but if we are playing 'Bama on ESPN, you-betcha!

WRONG

I wonder how many 16/17 y/o kids in Texas even know where Denton is!? Playing N.Texas gets us not-a-damn-thing ... playing marquee names gets us mentioned with marquee names. Look at what Izzo's done with MSU basketball ... he schedules like Duke does, not like we do. You think some hot shot in Houston is going to watch us play N.Texas on BTN or give two craps about it? No way! but if we are playing 'Bama on ESPN, you-betcha!

They play football in rural Texas, too, not just in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Houston...

They play football in rural Texas, too, not just in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Houston...

What's your point? None of those rural kids care about N.Texas either. Do you think a kid from DM, CR, or Lamoni is more likely to go to Hawaii because UNI is playing out there this year? Honestly?

BTW, do you know where Denton is?

Saban and Ferentz may have a "good" relationship...or HAD...but I doubt it after Ross P...

Good point, forgot about that. Well, they're kindred spirits anyway, non-b.s.ers and kurmudgeony at times. And Bama did say they're trying to schedule more BCS teams. Why would they schedule a home and home with Iowa? 99% chance of winning in Tuscaloosa and a 90% chance of winning in Iowa City.

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. I see nothing wrong with going non con to Bama, or Auburn, or USC, or Texas, or anywhere. Home game schmome game. The Iowa athletic department budget does not hinge on the revenue generated from 1 home game, per season.

Barta has said before, once the 9 game schedule kicks in ISU will be our only BCS level opponent for the near future. But hey maybe Iowa will stop playing UNI and ISU now due to that BORs vote.

What's your point? None of those rural kids care about N.Texas either. Do you think a kid from DM, CR, or Lamoni is more likely to go to Hawaii because UNI is playing out there this year? Honestly?

BTW, do you know where Denton is?

Denton is located approximately midway between Earth's armpit and rear end. But football is a religion across ALL of Texas.

Although I do agree, kids in Texas will not be glued to any game Iowa plays in that state that isn't in Austin, Lubbock or College Station...

Barta has said before, once the 9 game schedule kicks in ISU will be our only BCS level opponent for the near future. But hey maybe Iowa will stop playing UNI and ISU now due to that BORs vote.

What BOR's vote? Maybe I missed it... curious to know.

Latest posts