@Alabama and lose a home game?

And you base this on what exactly?

I base this on Alabama's recent scheduling history.... The Tide haven't had a home & home arrangement with any significant program since the 2011-2012 series with Penn State. Lately they seem to prefer to making these match ups a single game on a neutral site. I suspect that they simply don't want to waste their brand on an opponent's home field anymore than necessary.

I think some 4 and 5 * recruits are looking at those blue blood schools because they are in big matchups.

If Iowa can maintain a top level big 10 finish the next couple of years the hawks could be back to where recruits think they can play for championships and in a lot of big games.

I think the other thing about recruiting is players know the NFL will find them if they are playing at even podunk U.

The cowboys and other teams made a living on finding under the radar players like Phil Simms from Morehead State.

I would not want to play Bama. I am so happy OU kicked their butt in the post season last year. Keep the SEC out of big 10 country. If you play SEC teams play the bottom teams like a Kentucky or somthings.

Why? Its not like Iowa hasnt had success against LSU, Florida and South Carolina

We can't drop the cupcake off of the schedule since there's a contract in place and now that they've beaten us on a regular basis it would look like we're running away from them and Pollard would have a field day with it...

When was the last time Iowa had a solid team in September? I don't think Kirk wants to be embarrassed, otherwise we'd have seen better games by now. I do think that having at least one ranked opponent on our schedule wouldn't hurt this year, win or lose.

I would say last September at least NIU was a quality mid-major but I here what you are saying. We now will avoid Kansas State and Mizzou and Arkansas and Louisville and you name it so we can play hearalded juggernauts like the Central Michigan Chippewas and the UNI Panthers. Boy I know if I was big time recruit that schedule would sway me AWAY from Iowa.

And don't forget Kirk doesn't like to go play a night game in AZ so he won't schedule a Pac 12 team. Hey Kirk who said you had to play an Arizona school at NIGHT. HOw about Cal or Utah or WSU or an Oregon State. Frankly, his rationale for not doing stuff like this is demeaning to those of us who pay attention.

Can somebody that is closer to the program that maybe has some inside info tell me why Iowa and Bama havent been playing?

Eda, you're taking it far to seriously.

You're right Hawker... I guess it was a case of the Mondays.

attachment.php

And don't forget Kirk doesn't like to go play a night game in AZ so he won't schedule a Pac 12 team. Hey Kirk who said you had to play an Arizona school at NIGHT. HOw about Cal or Utah or WSU or an Oregon State. Frankly, his rationale for not doing stuff like this is demeaning to those of us who pay attention.

Oh Hai!

attachment.php

Attachments

• chill-bro-bag-head.jpg
    chill-bro-bag-head.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • double face palm.jpg
    double face palm.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 0
Can somebody that is closer to the program that maybe has some inside info tell me why Iowa and Bama havent been playing?

Well, hell! that's the big effing burning question. RIGHT? That's been the elephant in the room since, well I can't remember. Sorry to have to type out the obvious on this forum - again -

Every time i go back to Iowa, that's all people talk about....why the hell aren't the hawks playing Alabama!! OSU fans want to know, MSU Fans are standing there with their arms crossed, foot tapping waiting for an answer.

I'm not asking why we aren't playing Alabama, I just want to know, why we're not playing Alabama !

I would say last September at least NIU was a quality mid-major but I here what you are saying. We now will avoid Kansas State and Mizzou and Arkansas and Louisville and you name it so we can play hearalded juggernauts like the Central Michigan Chippewas and the UNI Panthers. Boy I know if I was big time recruit that schedule would sway me AWAY from Iowa.

I agree, you play against usc, bama, texas there are going to be a lot of eyes on you and the players want to shine.

I see nothing wrong with playing a home and home with bama. We might lose two games but the hype would be great, We would be on espn for a change.

Here is why for the last few years I wanted one more better opponent on our schedule. Not like we were bulldozing them lately but I dont want to really pay $60 a ticket to watch the hawks play ark st, north texas, Maine, etc.

The year we play ISU on the road is a good year to have one stern non-conf test at home. But the year ISU is at home I see no reason for another top opponent at kinnick and one on the road. For example this year you could replace ball state with Arkansas.

I know we play UNI to keep them rolling in the dough and that is fine.

Stand up and be counted.

dadsday1954.jpg

They all just want to know 1 thing. why he hell aren't the hawks playing Alabama.

I have to watch my Vols lose to Bama every yr the last thing I want is to watch my Hawks get beat by them every yr to

And you base this on what exactly?

The same reason Miami/FL cancelled the first series with us. They wanted TWO at their place BEFORE they would come to Iowa City. In 1990, they were already faltering on the return trip to Iowa City in 1992, and IIRC, because game was Labor Day weekend, we had to increase the "guarantee". Ludicrous, of course, given that the Orange Bowl was slightly less than 50,000 seating capacity and they NEVER approached the 66-68k we were drawing/seating at the time.

Teams have actually cited the "difficulty" of getting to Iowa City (as if Tuscaloosa is the world's air hub!).

This thread persists. It is fun to think about, but does anyone really think it has any chance of happening?

Thought I read that Bama was desperately looking for BCS schools to schedule for non-con games? And I believe Saban and Ferentz have a good relationship so I could see Bama wanting it. Ferentz and Iowa though wanting it not so much.

Saban and Ferentz may have a "good" relationship...or HAD...but I doubt it after Ross P...

Latest posts