AJ is tied for sacks in the Big 10

EstronHawkKing

He has three total and he doesn't even start. He's tied with Bosa and I think a Purdue and N'western player

AR-180909670.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

He’s also in a tie for 2nd in nation with Bosa, Clelin Farrell, and that guy from Northern Illinois among others, Hesse is tied for 16th nationally.

Hmmm, has a non-starter ever been named first team all Big Ten?

I'm pretty sure that Roth led the B1G in sacks in conference games in 2002 and he only started the season finale against Minnesota. He was not first or 2nd team all conference that season.

Bench? Nobody. Just keep rotating them in.
That's exactly why it works so well too. You get Hesse and A. Nelson hammering on them downs 1 and 2, then bring in a fresh AJ and Golston to tee off on the QB on 3rd down. You get into the second half, and you have some battered, tired OL while your best pass rushers are still rested and ready to rip.

Worked to perfection Saturday. Hesse whips Foster like a rented mule nearly the entire game, and you'd think they were in love with A. Nelson as much as he got held. AJ came in and cleaned up, and the rest is history. Throw in solid dudes in M. Nelson, Golston, Brincks, Reiff, and Lattimore, and we have the most productive DL in the nation right now.

That's exactly why it works so well too. You get Hesse and A. Nelson hammering on them downs 1 and 2, then bring in a fresh AJ and Golston to tee off on the QB on 3rd down. You get into the second half, and you have some battered, tired OL while your best pass rushers are still rested and ready to rip.

Worked to perfection Saturday. Hesse whips Foster like a rented mule nearly the entire game, and you'd think they were in love with A. Nelson as much as he got held. AJ came in and cleaned up, and the rest is history. Throw in solid dudes in M. Nelson, Golston, Brincks, Reiff, and Lattimore, and we have the most productive DL in the nation right now.

I doubt Clemson would agree, they were named best d-line in college football in the pre-season

This^^^

Why do any of you give a F who starts when they have a rotation that works? I want wins and I don't care about any individual player's pride.

It's no different than RB by committee. It's worked well at Iowa for years, and I for one don't give a shit who is listed as a starter on the depth chart when they all play anyway. Some of you are sounding like Nebraska fans worried about who's going to get a letter. Who gives a shit?

Play the right people in the right packages to be effective, and more importantly fresh in the 4th quarter. ISU and NIU's OTs were junk in the second halves of those games, and it's because they were physically and mentally worn down. Do not change it until it stops working.