Ahron Ulis, Josh Ogundele in Portal

Just saw a pic of Josh O who chose Middle Tenn. St. He looks like he lost 50 pounds! What? He looks like a player now. Why couldn’t he have done that at Iowa? I don’t get it. Unless there using a thinning app.

Just saw a pic of Josh O who chose Middle Tenn. St. He looks like he lost 50 pounds! What? He looks like a player now. Why couldn’t he have done that at Iowa? I don’t get it. Unless there using a thinning app.
Must have been the Airliner pizza and those late night Gringos tacos.:)

It's not like we didn't give him every chance possible to get on the floor. Talk about missed opportunities.

Photoshop

Two things on Josh. First, Fran has referenced a medical condition related to his stamina. He has not named the condition, nor should he.
Second, my season ticket is dead Center court, row 26, seat 13 on the aisle. No way in hell is Josh overweight. Big guy? Yup. Fat? Nope. I watched him in warm ups numerous times specifically focused on his physical size. He sure did not look out of place to me.

Two things on Josh. First, Fran has referenced a medical condition related to his stamina. He has not named the condition, nor should he.
Second, my season ticket is dead Center court, row 26, seat 13 on the aisle. No way in hell is Josh overweight. Big guy? Yup. Fat? Nope. I watched him in warm ups numerous times specifically focused on his physical size. He sure did not look out of place to me.
Well maybe he wasn't overweight and he just has a large frame, but the current picture in the face and body, you wouldn't even know he's the same guy, just saying....

Sam McKewon

@swmckewonOWH

Nebraska MBB wins its exhibition game in Madrid - 89-84 in OT - but Fred Hoiberg says via phone that Ahron Ulis didn't and won't play as NU gathers evidence on a situation. I asked Hoiberg if the issue is related to something that happened in Spain. Hoiberg declined comment.

It's not like we didn't give him every chance possible to get on the floor. Talk about missed opportunities.
Oh yeah any regrets he has on his time at Iowa is all on him. If he coulda played worth a crap he'd have been out there a lot more. Hell we needed him or Mulvey to and neither was good enough to trust being out there hardly at all. Maybe he's got his shit together now and he can. Guess we'll know soon enough.

That Ulis story is wild. Guess he was probably gambling too...

Are these coaches not explaining to these guys how that works? If I'm a coach as a kid verbally decides to play for me before they even sign I'm telling them no sports gambling period. As a team rule let alone the rest of it. Just don't. Once you're 21 you can go play the slots or cards but no sports gambling. If a student athlete prioritizes gambling over their short athletic career then that's on them. But I'd be as crystal clear about it as could be.

Wild... They think if they can do it with their older siblings or folks names on the accounts and phone that they can just get away with it anonymously. FBI may have their faults but they can figure stuff out like this easy enough. They just had to be pointed the right direction to look is all.

I can't have any sympathy for a kid caught doing this. Look to what lengths these guys are going to do it. Using parents, siblings, friends, girlfriends IDs pretty much while underage to boot. They all know damn well it's wrong and that betting on their school is a death sentence to their eligibility. Only they can say if it's worth the risk or not... Sure wouldn't feel like it after the fact of being caught to me.

Kinda sucks that Iowa kids are being made examples of considering we all know the same thing is going on all over. Lots of student athletes aren't going to be sleeping so well at night knowing full well that if they get looked at they'll be just as busted. And maybe some of them will be. And going forward Iowa kids won't have to look far to know what'll happen if they want to prioritize gambling over their careers.

Latest posts