Ahron Ulis, Josh Ogundele in Portal

Reading his profile he's not an NBA player, testing the waters has benefits but he's not going to get drafted IMHO.
I guess my point is that if he is good enough to even just test the waters, he will command the attention of more high profile programs or programs who have better NIL deals for him. Iowa can offer him playing time and recent success getting post players into the league. The kid is one of the hotter post players in the portal right now, so I suspect every team can promise significant playing time and NBA success has not seemed to do much for us on the recruiting trail the last few years for Iowa.

Seems like a very long shot.

One of the things I've noticed with our outbound portal transfers is that they don't suddenly become transformed as players, they stay the same average player they were when the left.

As long as Ulis doesn't play out of his jockstrap when they play the Hawks we don't have much to worry about IMO.

One of the things I've noticed with our outbound portal transfers is that they don't suddenly become transformed as players, they stay the same average player they were when the left.

As long as Ulis doesn't play out of his jockstrap when they play the Hawks we don't have much to worry about IMO.
I don't think anyone here...whatsoever...is worried about playing playing against Ahron Ulis.

The sentiment is that 1) He's not in any way a pro prospect, and 2) He's a husker now, so eff him.

In the grand scheme of college basketball he's a fart in the wind, like 99% of players.

I might add that another thought I have is why would Hoiberg take Ulis? Is Nebraska really hurting that bad?

Nunge's post Iowa career was pretty salty. That said, he was a good player at Iowa and you could see the potential, he just could not stay healthy in his time at Iowa.

Beyond that I agree. JT, Moss, CJ, all were fine pieces for their new teams, but certainly none broke out in their new gigs. I don't expect fireworks in Lincoln from Uhlis, but would not surprise me if he plays a lot.

You're going to extrapolate that they're too good to be bringing in Ulis, by them beating us?

If Iowa basketball is the bar you're using to judge success comparisons, I think you answered the question whether you watch B1G basketball.
Iowa was a flawed team last season and they were capable of losing to just about anyone, as we embarrasingly saw several times.

That said, Nebbie and Hoiberg would kill to be Iowa right now. Indeed, in my view ascending to the likes of Iowa is probably the goal and realistic ceiling for Nebbie at this stage. A winning record, exciting style of play, nationally recognized players, and a first round loss in the tourney most years. Nebbie fans would pay double ticket prices for that type of program. We take it for granted.....

Iowa was a flawed team last season and they were capable of losing to just about anyone, as we embarrasingly saw several times.

That said, Nebbie and Hoiberg would kill to be Iowa right now. Indeed, in my view ascending to the likes of Iowa is probably the goal and realistic ceiling for Nebbie at this stage. A winning record, exciting style of play, nationally recognized players, and a first round loss in the tourney most years. Nebbie fans would pay double ticket prices for that type of program. We take it for granted.....
Again, how does nebraska beating Iowa make them too good for Ulis?@Zstatman 's response, "Didn't they beat us?" is nonsensical.

You clearly didn't watch The Citadel this year....

Again, how does nebraska beating Iowa make them too good for Ulis?@Zstatman 's response, "Didn't they beat us?" is nonsensical.
In what universe governed by letters, words, and phrases, did I even suggest that I thought that Nebbie beating us last year makes Nebbie too good for Uhlis? I agree that is dumb, but I did not agree or disagree with that statement in my last thread. I commented on the sad state of Nebbie's program and how they would kill to be us in basketball. Take your beef up with Zstat and folks that agree with his position.

Losing Ulis is a net positive for Iowa. It doesn't take much detective work to see that. He played 22ish mins a game but it was significantly less then that towards the end of the yr. He and was a ghost out there. Not something you want or expect your PG to be. He was an ok defender sometimes. But not a difference making one. Offensively he just brought little to nothing to the table. If he goes on to avg double digit pts and 4 assists for NE I'll be shocked...

I will always want NE to have guys that can't score or shoot, while I am always ok with guys who can't score and shoot leaving the Iowa program.

This is a win/win situation but as Fry said, no well wishes now based off his pick.

I will always want NE to have guys that can't score or shoot, while I am always ok with guys who can't score and shoot leaving the Iowa program.

This is a win/win situation but as Fry said, no well wishes now based off his pick.
Couldn't sum it up much better. All of this.

Latest posts