Against Minny, Brommer play 11 mins

Lick has had a short leash with several players over the past 3 years including: Kelly - transfer; Palmer - transfer; Davis - transfer; Peterson - transfer. Anyone notice a trend?

What really surprised me was that he didn't seem to have short leash on Freeman.

I don't remember Kelly having a short leash at all.

I don't remember Kelly having a short leash at all.

I think early last season he seemed to get benched sooner than others. He was coming off the broken fingers so he was not in the starting line up like people expected. It seemed he started off the year kind of slow and got yanked at times for commiting a turnover/making a defensive mistake. I think the leash seemed a bit shorter on Jake, however Jake started playing better and due to injury he was really thrust into a role in which he flurished at the end of the season.

But Lick does seem to get after certain guys more than others. Maybe he just expects more out of certain guys. Jake and Aaron have the core skills to be good players so maybe Lick is trying to get the best out of them.

You're going to have to trust me on this one Stormin. I posted several times during while it was happening that Kelly would get yanked for what seemed to be aggressive play on the court that would or many times would not result in a turnover. The next series JJ would pull something that was even worse and still remained in the game. Tate would make mistakes, stay in the game. Cole would make mistakes, get pulled. And when they did get pulled it wasn't like Lick or the asst's were right there using it as a coaching opportunity, the kid would just walk to the bench and sit there like they were in timeout.

Its hard to get kids motivated and want to play for you if they are looking over their shoulder or thinking too much. Basketball is a very reactive sport.

I'm all for teaching the kids how to play in the system but that is what practice is for. Let the kids get in to a rhythm on the floor and see what they do. Take what they do and coach them up.

Last edited:
Coach didn't like how Cole was playing, that's why Brommer got the minutes.
I did not think Brommer looked that good, for the record.

That good? I don't know anyone that expects him to look that good. That being said, even against Minny he outscored Cole 8-2 and Cougill 8-2 while playing less minutes than both. This from a center that is not a scorer. Cougill has never looked that good. Cole has his moments but those are coming less often.

Latest posts