After Wisky 3-1; new look at remaining games

9-3 would be a poor performance at this point. 10-2 should be a minimum. This schedule is weak, so everything should be in play.
9-3 would be a poor performance at this point. 10-2 should be a minimum. This schedule is weak, so everything should be in play.

You should write for ESPN. You quickly wrote off Iowa as either a big loser or at best, a pretender. Is this Colin Cowturd?

To early for predictions, just want to see how long of a leash Brian will be given for the big games. Looks like Kirk is letting out some line. Want to see what Brian does with it before I make good predictions. If we go to Happy Valley, Purdue, Indiana with ultra conservative gameplans we lose all three.

VS Wisconsin- I like Iowa at home.
(4-0) (1-0)

Bye Week

AT Minnesota- No running game to speak of, control TOP and win this game. (5-0) (2-0)

AT Indiana- This one worries me a little because it seems Indy is a little more balanced this year. But our D does the job. (6-0) (3-0) We are Bowl eligible!

VS Maryland- Good skill players but we win both sides in the trenches.
(7-0) (4-0)

AT Penn St.- Would love to win this game. If it were at home, I’d have to pick the Hawks, but its not. Our 1st loss. (7-1) (4-1)

AT Purdue- Another scary game. But I think the Hawks control the clock and gets revenge on the road.
(8-1) (5-1)

AT Northwestern- NW just do not have the athletes to run that system this year. Blowout? (9-1) (6-1)

VS Illinois- They are still Illinois
(10-1) (7-1) We clinch the West!

VS Nebraska- They are still Nebraska
(11-1) (8-1). Hello Indy!

VS ??? Big Ten Championship Game
If its OSU, they get revenge. Any other team including PSU, we win!

FBS playoffs?

If you listen to the pundits thrashing the B1G-West....10-2 would be akin to 6-6. ;)

This used to bother me, but it doesn’t anymore, because I realized that Iowa just has to win. If they win the buzz will take care of itself. If Iowa is 10-2 in the West, that’s a good year, but yes I can understand if they aren’t a playoff contender.

The pedos should not even be part of this discussion, that sick program should get the death penalty, and removal from the conference for what they allowed to happen.

Thus they should not be on Iowa’s schedule.

The pedos should not even be part of this discussion, that sick program should get the death penalty, and removal from the conference for what they allowed to happen.

Thus they should not be on Iowa’s schedule.

Iowa are the defenders of justice in college football. Kirk usually finds a way to deal a blow to the dirtiest programs. Hopefully this will be a year that Iowa makes them pay lol.

Nothing different in my perspective until we beat Wisconsin.
This used to bother me, but it doesn’t anymore, because I realized that Iowa just has to win. If they win the buzz will take care of itself. If Iowa is 10-2 in the West, that’s a good year, but yes I can understand if they aren’t a playoff contender.
i don’t think you meant it this way but at 10-2, Bama is the only school that would be a playoff contender.

The Big10 could do something about divisional strength disparity if they wanted to.

They don’t want to.

Iowa at 3-1

Minny - If Hawks play like they did against Wisky without a couple big errors they will win. Hawks in a close one, 6-10 pts, havent watched them but I think hawks more physical

IU - Now I see IU's QB is a good runner which can be problematic, this could be a tough one as they seem to have offense and are they due against the hawks - toss up

Terps - which terps team shows up; actually at Kinnick I pick Iowa as long as we control their quick QBs

PSU - Penn St is tought and very good, dont think Iowa can pull the upset

Purdue - toss up now they lost a lot of Dee it seems and hawks tough Dee wins this for Iowa

jNW- jNW ok but Mich sleptwalked through the first half, maybe not that good; is Akron Good??? - Iowa wins ,

Illinois - Hawks should just plain win this one with just a good solid above avg game

Nebby - I am calling a good solid Iowa win

I see almost definite loss at PSU and losing one of IU or Purdue and only if the hawks play pretty error free. I have them going 6-2 the rest of the way for a 9-3 record.

Iowa at 3-1

Minny - If Hawks play like they did against Wisky without a couple big errors they will win. Hawks in a close one, 6-10 pts, havent watched them but I think hawks more physical

IU - Now I see IU's QB is a good runner which can be problematic, this could be a tough one as they seem to have offense and are they due against the hawks - toss up

Terps - which terps team shows up; actually at Kinnick I pick Iowa as long as we control their quick QBs

PSU - Penn St is tought and very good, dont think Iowa can pull the upset

Purdue - toss up now they lost a lot of Dee it seems and hawks tough Dee wins this for Iowa

jNW- jNW ok but Mich sleptwalked through the first half, maybe not that good; is Akron Good??? - Iowa wins ,

Illinois - Hawks should just plain win this one with just a good solid above avg game

Nebby - I am calling a good solid Iowa win

I see almost definite loss at PSU and losing one of IU or Purdue and only if the hawks play pretty error free. I have them going 6-2 the rest of the way for a 9-3 record.
Very plausible.

Latest posts