After all that…

Not sure how to react. I guess that is good

I have a plan. Open an Excel file, you're gonna need some serious computing power for this task. Next, go through the AP top 25 and list out each team ranked in that final top 25 in sequential rows in Column A. Got it? Okay, great. Next, in Column B, list our point totals (go ahead and include defensive and special teams scores for ease) in each of the games we played against teams ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season.

Still with me? Good, no go ahead and key this into cell B4 (which I think should still be open, but if it isn't just go to the first cell under the bottom of the point totals and do it there) - key this in exactly:

sum(B1:B3)

Now, hit enter. Report the results back to us. I am excited to see how our offense fared against top 25 teams.

I have a plan. Open an Excel file, you're gonna need some serious computing power for this task. Next, go through the AP top 25 and list out each team ranked in that final top 25 in sequential rows in Column A. Got it? Okay, great. Next, in Column B, list our point totals (go ahead and include defensive and special teams scores for ease) in each of the games we played against teams ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season.

Still with me? Good, no go ahead and key this into cell B4 (which I think should still be open, but if it isn't just go to the first cell under the bottom of the point totals and do it there) - key this in exactly:

Now, hit enter. Report the results back to us. I am excited to see how our offense fared against top 25 teams.

Don't ya need a column showing Taylor outpunting Iowa's offense each game and adding the totals up for offense and punting yardage?

Coaches Poll: Iowa is #22. Pissed yet, guffus? Pissed yet, ajd87?

Pissing In A Parking Lot — Laura Diaz de Arce

We had an older lad turn the hydrants on with a large pipe wrench in Philadelphia

All the time in the Summer

I just did this and our cell says "error". Not sure what I did wrong.

Never mind, that's what it should say.

Great! Please continue the search for less positive news! You have lots of friends on HN. Barf.

You know ranked teams have recruiting advantages, kind of like ten-win seasons. Again, if you're not excited by Iowa finishing ranked you are no longer a fan or are very disconnected from reality. Guessing both in most cases. What deviation of mentality would cause an actual Iowa fan to disparage a team in the final top 25?

That musta been what BF meant by Hill playing good football jk... I'm still trying to figure out wtf BF meant by that though. Of all the things said and done by him and KF this yr him saying that after this season is as head scratching as any of it

Haters gonna hate. Happy that the team, whose coaches and players worked their asses off, were recognized for a good 10 win season. I am proud to be a fan of a Top 25 program. Over 100 fan bases would love to win as many games as we do, even if it is through punting, defense, and playing not to lose.

Haters gonna hate. Happy that the team, whose coaches and players worked their asses off, were recognized for a good 10 win season. I am proud to be a fan of a Top 25 program. Over 100 fan bases would love to win as many games as we do, even if it is through punting, defense, and playing not to lose.
Yup.

Interesting nuggets on Iowa being ranked in the final poll via Matt Brown STORY in The Athletic

Iowa finished 132nd out of 133 FBS teams in scoring at 15.4 points per game. With so many teams at the bottom of the poll losing their bowl games (eight of the last 10 spots), the Hawkeyes clung to a No. 24 final ranking despite being shut out by Michigan and Tennessee in consecutive games to end the season. I was one of 25 voters who did not rank the Hawkeyes, given how historically inept the offense proved to be.

Iowa is the lowest-scoring team to finish ranked since 1964, when LSU averaged 11.6 points per game but finished 8-2-1 with a No. 7 ranking and Oregon State averaged 13.5 points per game but finished No. 8 with an 8-3 record. Iowa is only the fourth team since poll expansion to 25 teams in 1989 to average fewer than 20 points per game and finish ranked, joining 2015Northwestern, 1994 Washington State and 1993 Clemson.

And by scoring zero points against Penn State, Michigan and Tennessee, Iowa became the first team to suffer multiple shutout losses and finish ranked since 1999 Texas A&M — and the first team to finish ranked with three shutout losses since 1949 LSU.

Latest posts