After a bad nights sleep perspective

For those that think we should have kicked a field goal because points are at a premium in that game, why are you so willing to give up 4 points? If points are important, don't we need 4 extra points there? Settling for an attempt at 3 points isn't a great strategy in a game where points are at a premium. Great call to go for it. Not a great play call. But not a bad one either. If a qb can't get a yard on a sneak because the oline got blown up so bad, how is a running back going to get a yard? By the time he got the ball, the defense would have been so far in the backfield we would have lost 3 yards.

Yep that’s why play action with a bootleg option would have been a perfect call. They can’t guard the tightends and keep Stanley from running for one yard at the same time.

you dont field a ball inside the 5

Yep both incidents were of a junior high mind set. Fair catch at the three yard line unbelievable. The ball is bouncing and almost dead with nothing but defenders round it. Well I hope it never happens again by either of these players. I believe in second chances so if they do it again then they should be kindly guided to another football program. I heard rumor there is a team in Ames. :D

Someone from up in the press box should have told KF to challenge the sack by Epenesa. Was a fumble, not incomplete pass. Hornibrook arm not going forward.

Stanley sucked in the 4th quarter. This team is going nowhere with him at qb. No consistency, accuracy will always be an issue with him, and his checks at the line are brutal. That was one of the worst Wisconsin teams we've played in a while last night, at home in prime time, and KF and crew shit the bed again.

You may well be the champion of totally unsupportable drivel about football. Congrats.

After a night's sleep I still wonder when Iowa is going to grow up and make the plays to win in the Big Games that matter that take you to the next level in a National Spotlight game. That is the difference between Iowa and Wisconsin right now. Sure, Kirk will pull a rabbit out of his hat frequently and beat a team he is not suppose to beat when playing for a championship is not on the table. To me, that is the most frustrating thing.

You have all of this fan support and everything going for you. You have an insane night environment. The schedule lays out fairly well. All you have to do is get that one stop, or hang on to the ball, or have D1 instincts on what is going on on the field, play to win, scratch where it itches, etc.

Then, the program screws the pooch in nearly every area. That is why we get the Fake ID label. If this program ever got its crap together for entire season that would be a first.
Everyone that watches these close games we get in and at the end lose upsets me the most is no killer instinct, no take a chance philosophy and it really does start with a very conservative coach who seems to hold out for the competitors mistake all the while we have already committed our own. Field position, time outs, seconds on the clock before halftime and we always seem to knee it and head to the locker room.

[QUOTE="HaydenHawk56, post: 1748285, member: 72411"]After a night's sleep I still wonder when Iowa is going to grow up and make the plays to win in the Big Games that matter that take you to the next level in a National Spotlight game. That is the difference between Iowa and Wisconsin right now. Sure, Kirk will pull a rabbit out of his hat frequently and beat a team he is not suppose to beat when playing for a championship is not on the table. To me, that is the most frustrating thing.

You have all of this fan support and everything going for you. You have an insane night environment. The schedule lays out fairly well. All you have to do is get that one stop, or hang on to the ball, or have D1 instincts on what is going on on the field, play to win, scratch where it itches, etc.

Then, the program screws the pooch in nearly every area. That is why we get the Fake ID label. If this program ever got its crap together for entire season that would be a first.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your assessment of why Wisconsin moved up to the next level. Wisconsin has NOT been winning critical games against superior competition. In fact they fairly consistently lose against superior teams. They have excelled in consistently winning against teams they should beat. Since about 2004, I don't think there is any other non-elite team in college football that has been as consistent in beating lesser foes. (Only a few elite teams have been as consistent at beating lesser foes, notably Ohio State and Alabama.)

Previous to 2004, Wisconsin's record against inferior teams was much more erratic. They had a number of very good years, notably two big Rose Bowl wins in the late 90's, but over the time period they were pretty up and down, and weren't anything special with regard to beating inferior teams.

The one lesser team that will bite Wisconsin every few years is Northwestern. Northwestern kind of specializes in being a pain in the ass.

For those that think we should have kicked a field goal because points are at a premium in that game, why are you so willing to give up 4 points? If points are important, don't we need 4 extra points there? Settling for an attempt at 3 points isn't a great strategy in a game where points are at a premium. Great call to go for it. Not a great play call. But not a bad one either. If a qb can't get a yard on a sneak because the oline got blown up so bad, how is a running back going to get a yard? By the time he got the ball, the defense would have been so far in the backfield we would have lost 3 yards.
Always take the points in a 0-0 game.

The positive out of this is that we know that Iowa has a very strong team. Young in some areas but a strong team.

Before the season started I picked this team to go 10-2. Some people scoffed at that. The two losses I picked were Penn State and Wisconsin. After the loss to Wisconsin I now believe Iowa will give Penn State a tough fight. It is no longer certain that Penn State will dominate Iowa. I would feel better about it if it were a home game, obviously. But Iowa has a chance.

One other team in the West that is concerning me after Saturday's games is Purdue. Purdue's defense is getting better every game. They may be young but they are improving. As we know, Purdue will test Iowa's secondary. But Iowa's defensive line may again be the key. Which brings up a point, Iowa will not face a better offensive line than Wisconsin. That includes Penn State.

10-2 or 11-1 isn't a bad year. The sad thing is that Noah Fant may be gone before next year when this team really matures.

Everyone that watches these close games we get in and at the end lose upsets me the most is no killer instinct, no take a chance philosophy and it really does start with a very conservative coach who seems to hold out for the competitors mistake all the while we have already committed our own. Field position, time outs, seconds on the clock before halftime and we always seem to knee it and head to the locker room.
Coaches not to Lose??? Not a HUNGRY coach? Concept Yells loudly no? Only a modest observation. Us Fans luv to win. Its fun....Go Tough Hawk Players Yes....