Afraid Yet?

CycloneRon

Howdy from God’s Country Suckeye Fans,

So things have been pretty exciting in the State of Iowa lately related to college football, huh? While I rarely can find things to agree with you numb skulls on, I do have to admit it HAS been exCYting (see what I did there?) lately. Yes, it’s true, once again Jamie Pollard has got his man!

Oh wait, you thought I was referring to your pathetic little effort of a season? PUHlease! So you’ve won 12 games this year.. big flippin’ deal.. We have won twelve games dating back to 2012. Not that big of a deal when you think about it in those terms now is it?

But good for you.. enjoy your little season. Even though everyone knows that you haven’t beaten one team who isn’t considered one of the doormats of the sport.. wait.. never mind. Anyway, in the midst of all your little tea parties, facebooking and twittering make sure you keep in mind that a storm is brewing to the west. Coach Matt Campbell and his staff have been busy in the “war room†prepping for our upcoming bowl game. Well.. it’s Toledo’s bowl game but still.. the bowl logo is going on the side of our equipment tractor that hauls our gear to away games and also on the letter head that will be sent to every star junior varsity recruit in the Midwest. In case you’ve been so busy fretting about the latest playoff rankings, let me share with you a few quotes from Jamie Pollard regarding our new hire:

"He is an outstanding and intelligent football coach, a highly successful national recruiter and has nearly 10 years of experience as a BCS coordinator. He was the one candidate that clearly demonstrated both extensive experience and an extreme passion for and familiarity with our institution. In addition, and most importantly, he also has a comprehensive plan for how to be successful at Iowa State. In my two face-to-face meetings with him this week, it was obvious that his enthusiasm, energy and warm personality would be well received by our players, fans and university community. He has a presence with a "look-you-in-the-eye" style that makes you feel comfortable.â€

Scared yet? That’s what I thought.

Crap, forget that, that was actually from the press conference when Jamie announced the hiring of Paul Rhoads.

Regardless, make no mistake about it, the Clones are on the rise. Just yesterday I pledged $19.76 (another beautiful piece of marketing by Jamie Pollard to commemorate the last time the Cyclones finished the season ranked in the AP Top 20) to the Cyclone Gridiron Club as a show of my support for the new hire. And there were at least a couple dozen like me who did the same. My pledge gets me two season tickets to the new seating area in Reiman Gardens for all home games and a complimentary halftime lecture series about the history and plight of the modern butterfly. The Gardens offer an ever-changing kaleidoscope of colors as up to 800 butterflies enchant visitors to its tropical sanctuary. Try and top THAT with your new state of the art football facility and two story trophy case.

I’ll leave you all alone now but just wanted to give you bottom feeders a dose of reality of the real activity taking place in your own back yard. Be afraid… be VERY afraid!

Lol.... Good spoof....yet sad at the same time. Even with the firing/hiring of coaches Ames still doesn't make a blip on the college football scene.

Hahahaha!! It still baffles who an Iowa state football fan even is. I was born and raised in Mt. Pleasant, IA and to this day I have never met a legitimate ISU football fan. No idea.

Wow I will admit you almost had me there. It wasn't delusional enough to actually be an ISUck fan posting. Well done sir.

Lol....

...I did like this gem..."Crap, forget that, that was actually from the press conference when Jamie announced the hiring of Paul Rhoads."

Cyclone Ron, are you........

is
???

Howdy from God’s Country Suckeye Fans,

So things have been pretty exciting in the State of Iowa lately related to college football, huh? While I rarely can find things to agree with you numb skulls on, I do have to admit it HAS been exCYting (see what I did there?) lately. Yes, it’s true, once again Jamie Pollard has got his man!

Oh wait, you thought I was referring to your pathetic little effort of a season? PUHlease! So you’ve won 12 games this year.. big flippin’ deal.. We have won twelve games dating back to 2012. Not that big of a deal when you think about it in those terms now is it?

But good for you.. enjoy your little season. Even though everyone knows that you haven’t beaten one team who isn’t considered one of the doormats of the sport.. wait.. never mind. Anyway, in the midst of all your little tea parties, facebooking and twittering make sure you keep in mind that a storm is brewing to the west. Coach Matt Campbell and his staff have been busy in the “war room†prepping for our upcoming bowl game. Well.. it’s Toledo’s bowl game but still.. the bowl logo is going on the side of our equipment tractor that hauls our gear to away games and also on the letter head that will be sent to every star junior varsity recruit in the Midwest. In case you’ve been so busy fretting about the latest playoff rankings, let me share with you a few quotes from Jamie Pollard regarding our new hire:

"He is an outstanding and intelligent football coach, a highly successful national recruiter and has nearly 10 years of experience as a BCS coordinator. He was the one candidate that clearly demonstrated both extensive experience and an extreme passion for and familiarity with our institution. In addition, and most importantly, he also has a comprehensive plan for how to be successful at Iowa State. In my two face-to-face meetings with him this week, it was obvious that his enthusiasm, energy and warm personality would be well received by our players, fans and university community. He has a presence with a "look-you-in-the-eye" style that makes you feel comfortable.â€

Scared yet? That’s what I thought.

Crap, forget that, that was actually from the press conference when Jamie announced the hiring of Paul Rhoads.

Regardless, make no mistake about it, the Clones are on the rise. Just yesterday I pledged $19.76 (another beautiful piece of marketing by Jamie Pollard to commemorate the last time the Cyclones finished the season ranked in the AP Top 20) to the Cyclone Gridiron Club as a show of my support for the new hire. And there were at least a couple dozen like me who did the same. My pledge gets me two season tickets to the new seating area in Reiman Gardens for all home games and a complimentary halftime lecture series about the history and plight of the modern butterfly. The Gardens offer an ever-changing kaleidoscope of colors as up to 800 butterflies enchant visitors to its tropical sanctuary. Try and top THAT with your new state of the art football facility and two story trophy case.

I’ll leave you all alone now but just wanted to give you bottom feeders a dose of reality of the real activity taking place in your own back yard. Be afraid… be VERY afraid!

Thank you for leaving no doubt who little brother is. Since you came here trying to get banned I wish you well on your trip back to fantasy island. Good luck with your coaching hire. Who knows, maybe in the next 100 years you'll be able to get more bowl victories than Ricky Stanzi. 100 years isn't that long, after all the car was invented just 100 years ago though most people kept using a horse and buggy. Horse and buggy, kinda sounds like your football team. The road apples are the cyfans.