‘What if?’ not part of McCaffery’s vocabulary

You can never get too high or too low,” Iowa’s Aaron White said. “Coach preaches that. You’re not going to get much out of it if you complain and think, “What if?’”
“There’s no time for the ‘What ifs,’” Iowa’s Eric May said. “I haven’t thought that way. I don’t have time for that. It’s time for us to get some wins.”

I'm glad this is the players attitude. "What if's" are great for us fans, but should have no place with the team or coaching staff.

I'm glad this is the players attitude. "What if's" are great for us fans, but should have no place with the team or coaching staff.

Almost scary the comment from JO. He sees a WIDE OPEN WHITE under the hoop for an absolute 2 and win, yet, decides to jak the 3. Almost humorous when this is the same kid that needs prodded to shoot the dam* ball 99% of the time. Terrific decision making. Let's keep feeding him the ball so we all look at the stats at the end of the game and bitc* about the pathetic 3 point shooting %s. We all make mistakes, I get that. But this is getting ridiculous. :confused:

Just keep focusing on the next game and they'll be fine. People are way too freaked out about the toughest part of our schedule not going as well as it could have. It gets easier in the next few weeks.

Almost scary the comment from JO. He sees a WIDE OPEN WHITE under the hoop for an absolute 2 and win, yet, decides to jak the 3. Almost humorous when this is the same kid that needs prodded to shoot the dam* ball 99% of the time. Terrific decision making. Let's keep feeding him the ball so we all look at the stats at the end of the game and bitc* about the pathetic 3 point shooting %s. We all make mistakes, I get that. But this is getting ridiculous. :confused:

I cut JO slack on that. He doesn't know for sure if there is time for the pass to get there, and for AW to get it in the air. He had the shot, the play was called for him, so he took it. Sure watching the replay I wished he would have passed it, but he doesn't have the luxury.

Your obsession with JO is already ridiculous.

Knock it off,why don't you go coach Iowa and see if you can do it!

I want "Don't do dumb **** in the last 2 minutes of the game when you have a lead." to be part of the vocabulary.

Oglesby is coming off screens, had a good look at it and let it go. He knew time was getting down and wanted to at least get a shot up. Cant blame him for that. The ****** was halfway down as well. Just horrible luck in the last 20 seconds for Iowa.

Obsession? Don't think so my friend. Simply stating facts.

Where in the world was a single fact in the first quoted post? That's your opinion.

You're pretty far off base here, but keep beating a dead horse. Hate JO, Hate JO.

You're pretty far off base here, but keep beating a dead horse. Hate JO, Hate JO.

Hate JO? Not even close Mr 2 posts. Quit thinking JO is going to all of a sudden start drilling 3s left and right? Absolutely. Some people have it in practice but can't seem to bring it when the lights are turned on. That's ok. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm simply suggesting I'm afraid JO is one of those types of players. Has nothing to do with "hating" JO. Don't be a moron.

Hate JO? Not even close Mr 2 posts. Quit thinking JO is going to all of a sudden start drilling 3s left and right? Absolutely. Some people have it in practice but can't seem to bring it when the lights are turned on. That's ok. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm simply suggesting I'm afraid JO is one of those types of players. Has nothing to do with "hating" JO. Don't be a moron.

JO seems like he is definitely that kind of player. But the more you play, the more the nerves go away. He does seem like he has been coming around the last couple of games. At least he looks to be playing more confident. That's the first step.

I'm glad your offended already. Sorry, I don't have all day to critique our players like you do Mr BasketballMan. You suggest the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again, we get it, you don't like JO and think he should be sent packing. You might take up bowling or cards.

I'm glad your offended already. Sorry, I don't have all day to critique our players like you do Mr BasketballMan. You suggest the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again, we get it, you don't like JO and think he should be sent packing. You might take up bowling or cards.

If you would have made golf one of my options I might have actually listened to you. Seems to me the one who is offended is you? Sorry buddy. You gotta learn not to take things personal on this site.

Latest posts