Advice for Rudock

OUTofTOWNHAWK

Id be careful to leave the comforts of Kinnick. Let me ask you this....What happened to that derby guy or that other backup? Who knows?

Maybe some of you remember James Vandenburg. He had a great career at Iowa. Leaves kirk and greg.......BOOM cut from the Vikings. Who gets cut from the vikings?

Jake who do you think you are Ricky Stanzi? Grow up peter pan, the grass isnt greener outside Kinnick.

Id be careful to leave the comforts of Kinnick. Let me ask you this....What happened to that derby guy or that other backup? Who knows?

Maybe some of you remember James Vandenburg. He had a great career at Iowa. Leaves kirk and greg.......BOOM cut from the Vikings. Who gets cut from the vikings?

Jake who do you think you are Ricky Stanzi? Grow up peter pan, the grass isnt greener outside Kinnick.

I would imagine Cody Sokol with his 32 total TD's last season is pretty happy with his decision to leave the Iowa program.

Sokol won a bowl game too... I don't blame him if he goes. Put yourself in his shoes. Ferentz Mr I never change things goes and releases a depth chart for next yr in January days after a bowl game benching you... We don't know how they were told or how practices went. But depending on how that went I can see him wanting to go. Even if he's not going to play there either. Then again he hasn't left yet so we wait... I do hope Weigers is what he's cracked up to be just in case...

I've been wanting CJ as the QB since the first game. But I feel Jake has been treated poorly with the whole bowl prep. Even CJ said himself they were both pretty equal during practices, tho it was the first time all year CJ got with the 1s (minus jakes injury)

It's fake, it only appears to be greener. The whole historic Kinnick thing has become an illusion. Just refer to the Hawks 10-11 record at home over the past 3 years.

Sokol won a bowl game too... I don't blame him if he goes. Put yourself in his shoes. Ferentz Mr I never change things goes and releases a depth chart for next yr in January days after a bowl game benching you... We don't know how they were told or how practices went. But depending on how that went I can see him wanting to go. Even if he's not going to play there either. Then again he hasn't left yet so we wait... I do hope Weigers is what he's cracked up to be just in case...

Suckol was 14-28 with 1 TD in that game and played the entire game. Rudock was 14-21 against that same Illinois team and threw for 2 TD's and ran for another. Rudock put his team far enough ahead against a bad team to allow his back-up to play. Rudock also ran for 43 yards, while Sokol ran for -10. If you dummy yourself down enough to a team that gets to play UTEP, ULAF, UTSA, NW St. (wait, he lost that game, never mind), Rice, Old Dominion (wait, he lost that one too, dammit!), you will get yourself to a bowl game and get to play someone as crappy as Illinois that you should beat...if you have a pulse. Apparently just having a pulse isn't good enough to play QB for Iowa.

It is best to stay with Iowa. The football program and atmosphere is top notch. In addition to that the university has a world class medical program.

Vandy was screwed by Greg Davis coming here. Completely set up to fail.

I'm in the camp that the horizontal passing game destroys Jake's play. Put him in a normal pro-style offense and he will succeed far more then he has here. I think "if" he goes to Michigan and "if" they don't run a horizontal scheme like GD, he will win 2 more games as their starter then Iowa will win with the horizontal scheme.

Suckol was 14-28 with 1 TD in that game and played the entire game. Rudock was 14-21 against that same Illinois team and threw for 2 TD's and ran for another. Rudock put his team far enough ahead against a bad team to allow his back-up to play. Rudock also ran for 43 yards, while Sokol ran for -10. If you dummy yourself down enough to a team that gets to play UTEP, ULAF, UTSA, NW St. (wait, he lost that game, never mind), Rice, Old Dominion (wait, he lost that one too, dammit!), you will get yourself to a bowl game and get to play someone as crappy as Illinois that you should beat...if you have a pulse. Apparently just having a pulse isn't good enough to play QB for Iowa.

I didn't say he played like Chuck Long for crying out loud. All I said was he won a bowl game. Why on earth are you so bent out of shape on Sokol? Did he take your gf home from the bar? Would you rather go play football all year long or ride the bench? I don't think he'd change a thing if he were to do it over. Regardless of the team he was on or competition he played against he got to play and in an offense where he threw 32 tds. He had a better taste in his mouth at the end of this year then any Hawkeye other then Scherff or Davis did (they have 1st round NFL aspirations)

Rudock lost to ISU at home.... As far as bashing a QB for losing to any of the schools you rattled off. I'd argue losing to that ISU team at home was worse....

I didn't say he played like Chuck Long for crying out loud. All I said was he won a bowl game. Why on earth are you so bent out of shape on Sokol? Did he take your gf home from the bar? Would you rather go play football all year long or ride the bench? I don't think he'd change a thing if he were to do it over. Regardless of the team he was on or competition he played against he got to play and in an offense where he threw 32 tds. He had a better taste in his mouth at the end of this year then any Hawkeye other then Scherff or Davis did (they have 1st round NFL aspirations)

Rudock lost to ISU at home.... As far as bashing a QB for losing to any of the schools you rattled off. I'd argue losing to that ISU team at home was worse....

Implying he's better than JR because of the season he had at BFU this year is insane and ignorant. He played a bunch of horrible teams. Comparing the numbers of the two is apples to oranges. Hell, the kid from Wartburg lit it up this year. Maybe we should have had him.

I'm not bent out of shape on Sokol. He just wasn't very good. Did you watch him play? Watch his conference championship game and get back to me.

It is best to stay with Iowa. The football program and atmosphere is top notch. In addition to that the university has a world class medical program.
Michigan is better in all those catagories and I bet Harbaugh does not cave to players and their daddys complaints.

I wonder if Rudock and Sokol have talked since Sokol left. Cody could give Jake some perspective on how much of the problem is Greg Davis.

If Davis is the real problem, does that mean CJ will transfer for his 5th year too?

Latest posts