Adam Robinson

FML

Really wish he was still on the team. That guy really wanted to be a Hawkeye. Kirk should have just suspended him for half the season. It's not like we don't have room or scholarships available for proven B1G players.

Really wish he was still on the team. That guy really wanted to be a Hawkeye. Kirk should have just suspended him for half the season. It's not like we don't have room or scholarships available for proven B1G players.

I don't think Kirk bases his disciplinary decisions on how many schollys are available at a given point in time.

I loved ARob, but the fact is, if he really wanted to be a Hawk, maybe he shouldn't have been driving around DSM with pot in the car. Choices have consequences. Hopefully he has learned from his.

Adam Robinson was a smallish limited ability RB with zero breakaway speed and a penchant for choosing the refer at the expense of his good standing with the team. No thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to bash Kirk over this...this is all in hindsight. However, for all we know, ARob was still let go for some pretty minor violations. I don't think anyone would have thought less of KF if we would have kept him on the team and handed him a multi game suspension.

Also, ARob was a good running back. Better than Coker. Very good catching out of the backfield.

Adam Robinson was a smallish limited ability RB with zero breakaway speed and a penchant for choosing the refer at the expense of his good standing with the team. No thanks.

And yet he was at least as effective as RB as Coker and much better catching passes out of the backfield. Interesting that he apparently did not do the ganja weed until after his concussions. Or maybe Ferentz just waited until he no longer had value to the team before punishing him - kind of like DJK.

And yet he was at least as effective as RB as Coker and much better catching passes out of the backfield. Interesting that he apparently did not do the ganja weed until after his concussions. Or maybe Ferentz just waited until he no longer had value to the team before punishing him - kind of like DJK.

1) Adam had 24 receptions his last year as a starter. Coker had 21 this year.

2) Kind of hard to pin Adams DM arrest while the team was on the bowl trip on KF's and his supposed selective discipline.

Adam Robinson was well known around DSM as a bad egg. Our team is better off without him. He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would

I'm not trying to bash Kirk over this...this is all in hindsight. However, for all we know, ARob was still let go for some pretty minor violations. I don't think anyone would have thought less of KF if we would have kept him on the team and handed him a multi game suspension.

Also, ARob was a good running back. Better than Coker. Very good catching out of the backfield.

really?

how many in-house warnings did he get?

and then after 'officially' suspended, he gets caught smoking weed in a car of a guy dealing? yeah, pretty minor stuff. sound judgment.

we'll never know how many shots these guys are given before they 'transfer'.

Actions speak louder than words and his actions said he placed more value on being a pothead than he did on being a Hawk. I hope everything works out for him in his chosen direction.

Yeah, he had one criminal offense that we know of....possession of weed. Not a huge deal. Most of our starters have had a run in with the law, couple years ago, seems that most had an OWI under their belt. I consider an OWI to be worse than possession of weed.

Yeah, he had one criminal offense that we know of....possession of weed. Not a huge deal. Most of our starters have had a run in with the law, couple years ago, seems that most had an OWI under their belt. I consider an OWI to be worse than possession of weed.

I would like to see the evidence on this. You make it sound like the entire starting line up is a bunch of degenerate criminals. Please. Choices have consequences and A Rob had to pay the price for his.

Dude, it isn't so much the seriousness of the weed offense, its the fact it occured while he was on double not at all a secret probation.

If you don't understand that I don't see the point in continuing the conversation.

I wish Wegher was still on the team... He really wanted to be part of the team too, little does everyone know Ferentz forced him out! I really wish Dominique Douglas he really wanted to be part of the team too.

Dude, it isn't so much the seriousness of the weed offense, its the fact it occured while he was on double not at all a secret probation.

If you don't understand that I don't see the point in continuing the conversation.
Obviously the coaching staff knows more than we do about the situation....and I'm not blaming KF for his decision....however, at the end of the day, we are talking about a fairly mild offense. In hindsight, the way we continue to drop RB's like flies, I imagine KF may not have been so tough on him.

1) Adam had 24 receptions his last year as a starter. Coker had 21 this year.

2) Kind of hard to pin Adams DM arrest while the team was on the bowl trip on KF's and his supposed selective discipline.

There you go again, spoiling another inane thread with facts...

Latest posts