Adam Ritterberg sums it up

Facing a third-and-4 near midfield midway through the fourth quarter, Iowa handed the ball to Mark Weisman, who was easily smothered short of the marker. First-year coordinator Greg Davis has had a lot of head-scratching calls this season, but this might have been the worst. The height of conservatism. Pathetic.

I didn't even mention the punt from the Nebraska 31-yard line in the first half.

Iowa's defense deserves better than what it got from the offense this season. The Hawkeyes must have set a record for most takeaways not converted into points. Or third-down pass routes run short of the marker.

The reference to NE Eric Martin game stats....as I watched the game it was so obvious we needed to block that guy, they didn't even try.

Didn't he used to attend Iowa? You can hear the Hawkeye fan anguish in him. You are right Mr Rittenburg..Iowa fans and the Iowa team deserve better than the bs that this coaching staff is serving up.

We were 5 for 15 on third down conversions...IIRC, we were 3 for 3 our first drive, after that total futility.

As for Weisman's third and 5 fun that got stuffed...watch our films...that call has been more productive than throwing to the TE's at the LOS. Nebby was waiting for that call.

When Bo, Cotton and Kaz outcoach you...:confused:

There might be a problem when game announcers and columnists of various stripes have been saying the same things as us idiot fans.

I take pride in being a Hawkeye fan and I appreciated the 'no respect' attitude that Kirk brought to our program. Well no one respects us anymore. Period.

Wow, usually a review of the game highlights the winner. This does sound like Adam is a closet Iowa fan fed up as the rest of us are.

I don't disagree with anything he typed. Hope it means some sort of changes . . . but I doubt it.

We were 5 for 15 on third down conversions...IIRC, we were 3 for 3 our first drive, after that total futility.

As for Weisman's third and 5 fun that got stuffed...watch our films...that call has been more productive than throwing to the TE's at the LOS. Nebby was waiting for that call.

When Bo, Cotton and Kaz outcoach you...:confused:

edit

That ignoring the first down marker bullsh!t is a firable offense. If I were the f'n coach and it was third and 10 or less, any receiver who didn't spot the marker and run past it, save a blitz safety valve, and any quarterback who threw a pass short of the marker, again with the blitz safety valve caveat...well, that player would be benched in no uncertain terms for at least the next two series. Period, no discussion.

Greg Davis, or Kurt, whichever one is responsible for those third down atrocities, really needs to find a line of work they don't suck at. It would be funny as hell if it wasn't us. But it is us, and it's not funny. Not at all. Hawk fans pay some of the highest college football ticket prices in America to watch that cornucopia of incompetence.

Latest posts