According to Frank the Tank.....

While I don't think this is true either, but you do know not everything needs a source to be true right?

If what was said on the blog is true (the part about Teddy Greenstein hearing this too), then I put a little more stock into it because Teddy's probably as connected to the Big 10 as any sports guy out there.....

While I don't think this is true either, but you do know not everything needs a source to be true right?

I get that, but everything since Friday has been an un-named source. Nothing that has been written has been attributed to anyone; everything has been off the record, I heard from a friend of a friend type stuff.

Someone mentioned something to me the other day I hadn't really thought of.....there's a lot of Irish Catholics in New York, so if you get Notre Dame, then there's not as much pressure to get a team like Rutgers or Syracuse to capture the NY market. Said there are more Notre Dame fans in New York than Rutgers fans......
Irish Catholic does not mean one is a ND fan. I know LOTS of Catholics who despise ND. and not a single one who cares for ND. A few of my friends who are Catholic have names like Dolan and O'brien and HATE ND>

If what was said on the blog is true (the part about Teddy Greenstein hearing this too), then I put a little more stock into it because Teddy's probably as connected to the Big 10 as any sports guy out there.....

That's a good point. Teddy is on Big Ten Tonight every week during the season, and I doubt his bosses at the Trib would let him run something like that if it didn't have some legitimacy to it.

Does adding Neb or Missouri tarnish the big 10? Just asking because I always considered the conference as somewhat as an elite academic institution. Full disclosure, I am a cyclone fan.

Where did 'Frank' post this? I don't see this on his blog.

He hasn't written a story in his "slant" yet as he is trying to confirm. But if you look in the blog section, someone named "Patrick", who claims to work for a tv station in the Big 10 footprint (but not in sports) first claimed the ND, MO, NE to Big 10 on Wednesday and Frank posted right after that saying he had heard the exact same thing and would try to post something tonight.

Does adding Neb or Missouri tarnish the big 10? Just asking because I always considered the conference as somewhat as an elite academic institution. Full disclosure, I am a cyclone fan.
They will be brought into line academically. Unlike ISU where academics are fairly decent but the sports programs couldn't compete.

I like the ND, MO, NE additions, I would think adding Rutgers and Boston College perfect, as they add two large markets, plus BC will offer a very hot rivalry with ND.

I understand, but seriously wondering. Currently I can't really question the academic integrity of any big ten team, but if Missouri is added I have a whole new angle of attack.

To do that, you would first have to assume that any of this has anything to do with academics.