According to Frank the Tank.....

I'm not buying that...on its own...I still think Rutgers and someone else would come in, to get some of that NY market. Unless it's those 3 now and 2 more in the next year or so.

I'm not buying that...on its own...I still think Rutgers and someone else would come in, to get some of that NY market. Unless it's those 3 now and 2 more in the next year or so.

The Big 6 are ready to make their move. They will not fight Nebby and Missou leaving. Big East teams will take a little more time.

Someone mentioned something to me the other day I hadn't really thought of.....there's a lot of Irish Catholics in New York, so if you get Notre Dame, then there's not as much pressure to get a team like Rutgers or Syracuse to capture the NY market. Said there are more Notre Dame fans in New York than Rutgers fans......

Someone mentioned something to me the other day I hadn't really thought of.....there's a lot of Irish Catholics in New York, so if you get Notre Dame, then there's not as much pressure to get a team like Rutgers or Syracuse to capture the NY market. Said there are more Notre Dame fans in New York than Rutgers fans......

I can see that being true...and I really don't want "The Cuse" getting an invite anyway! As for Rutgers...they've been getting more notoriety over the past few years, but they still don't have enough cache to carry the market...so I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

I'm not buying it either, but if it is true and that is a big IF then I don't see the Big Ten going with 2 more out east and I think they settle on these 3.

The problem with this though is the BTN can't increase their subscription charge since a Big Ten school isn't located in NY/NJ so while there may be more fans it isn't really more money, maybe a little for the marketing part but I don't think it would be a huge amount like adding a Rutgers or Syracuse.

I'm not buying it either, but if it is true and that is a big IF then I don't see the Big Ten going with 2 more out east and I think they settle on these 3.

The only reason I give it some credence is that Frank has been out in front of this whole expansion thing more than any other source I've read. I think it's those three and then we're done.

The problem with this though is the BTN can't increase their subscription charge since a Big Ten school isn't located in NY/NJ so while there may be more fans it isn't really more money, maybe a little for the marketing part but I don't think it would be a huge amount like adding a Rutgers or Syracuse.

You don't think ND fans have a big enough population base in those states that they couldn't get the cable companies to move on it? I honestly don't know.....just asking.....

I came around to that rather quickly as well, after Rawk posted about NYC's Notre Dame/Catholic population...almost as quickly as a fat kid on a diet saying "no...wait, YES!" to a piece of cake...:eek:

I believe Nebraska, Mizzou and ND can join immediately. With the Big East teams a minimum of 27 months waiting period is required before they become a member. So this report makes a lot of sense. Hope it's true.

You don't think ND fans have a big enough population base in those states that they couldn't get the cable companies to move on it? I honestly don't know.....just asking.....

They might and I don't know either, but the way it is set up now is the BTN charges cable companies in states with a Big Ten school 70 cents per subscriber and it goes on basic cable and in other states it is 10 cents per subscriber on a sports tier and I'm not sure the BTN has enough pull to make NY cable companies put it on basic cable when it is being offered on a sports tier in NY regardless of how many ND fans live in NY.

I believe Nebraska, Mizzou and ND can join immediately. With the Big East teams a minimum of 27 months waiting period is required before they become a member. So this report makes a lot of sense. Hope it's true.

The only real hold up with Notre Dame is their TV deal with NBC that runs through 2015. I assume the Big 10 could buy them out of that or it's possible that they allow ND to keep the NBC TV deal until it runs out with a sharing of those revenues with other conference members. ND would still be on Big 10 Network for away games.

He said, "Once there are more legitmate sources, then everyone will know." Or something like that. He's using "unnamed" sources right now.

I don't think anything that has been put out there since this all began (and take your pick on what that was, I'll go with Friday) has had a source.

ND can but I think Nebraska and Missouri have to give a 2 year notice.

If this is actually true and it does happen this quickly, I would like to thank the Pac-10 for lighting the fire, b/c if it was just the Big Ten making the decisions they would happen in 2014 sometime.