According to Frank the Tank.....

He hasn't written a story in his "slant" yet as he is trying to confirm. But if you look in the blog section, someone named "Patrick", who claims to work for a tv station in the Big 10 footprint (but not in sports) first claimed the ND, MO, NE to Big 10 on Wednesday and Frank posted right after that saying he had heard the exact same thing and would try to post something tonight.

Patrick is someone who Frank defers to continually. Patrick did the excellent "revenue additions" that is staring me in the face. I use it as a coaster for my scotch and water. It's from April 20 and Jon used it in a huge thread. This is for real.

I agree with you on the academics of Missouri. I think the Big 10 is going to agree to bring Missouri in and then at the last minute pull the plug on them. Just like they did to us in football a few years ago.

As much as I hate to admit it, the big 10 currently has a lot of respect as far as academics. Adding a team like Missouri, just says it is all about $$. If this added revenue makes sense I understand, but what is this added revenue going to go to.

Dude shut up. Mizzou is not that much different from several Big 10 schools. Its a land grant research school, just like most of the Big 10. A little bit lower ranked than other Big 10 schools. Were not talking about Ok State or Ole Miss here.

They are using flight aware to see that a private jet from the Big Ten HQ (Chicago) has gone to Lincoln. And I thought that was only useful for coaching searches!

Suddenly Nebraska, Missouri, and Notre Dame don't look as good as Texas and Oklahoma? Getting some buyer's remorse here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2kdpAGDu8s]YouTube - duck and cover[/ame]

It's a bomb! Duck, and cover!

I hear you about the Texas and Oklahoma thing. But neither of those schools wanted to be in a situation where they were going to be traveling to the Northern Midwest. Look at their schedules over the last ten years. They are very particular about their travel. Particularly later in the season.

I hear you about the Texas and Oklahoma thing. But neither of those schools wanted to be in a situation where they were going to be traveling to the Northern Midwest. Look at their schedules over the last ten years. They are very particular about their travel. Particularly later in the season.

Scared of the cold, they are...

I like it. Getting NE and ND on the schedule regularly will be awesome. And it still leaves room for two more slots if anyone 'down south' decides to join the party. Hope the Wednesday announcement is true, I'm sick of waiting.

Just spoke with a Mizzou fan and he is telling me that there is a minor fan revolt with letters and emails being sent to administration opposing joining the Big10. I laughed when he told me that since Mizzou wouldn't be in my top 10 schools that I wanted to join either. It's funny how fans from different programs view the conference realignment scenarios currently being tossed around.

Just spoke with a Mizzou fan and he is telling me that there is a minor fan revolt with letters and emails being sent to administration opposing joining the Big10. I laughed when he told me that since Mizzou wouldn't be in my top 10 schools that I wanted to join either. It's funny how fans from different programs view the conference realignment scenarios currently being tossed around.

Well they are from Missouri so they aren't exactly the brightest and this would just prove it.

It'd be harder for Mizzery to cancel their games against the Hawks if they joined the Big TenlevenSixteen too.

Everyone is just eating up whatever is posted on the internet. The speculation has been fun but count me down as someone who cant wait for something credible to come out so we can put this to bed.

Am i really supposed to take what some guy named Frank the Tank says seriously?

Everyone is just eating up whatever is posted on the internet. The speculation has been fun but count me down as someone who cant wait for something credible to come out so we can put this to bed.

Am i really supposed to take what some guy named Frank the Tank says seriously?

If you add up all the threads and posts about B16 TEN expansion, together they would almost be as epic as the Don't Dismiss the Les Jepsen Talk thread. http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/7359-dont-dismiss-les-jepsen-talk.html#post82447

I'm not buying that...on its own...I still think Rutgers and someone else would come in, to get some of that NY market. Unless it's those 3 now and 2 more in the next year or so.

The NY market cares not about college football. Screw Rutgers. They don't fit in.

Latest posts