According to clown football logic...

It's amazing how quickly they crawl back into the woodwork after they were all over the Hawkeye boards predicting an easy Clown win Friday night. Way too strong, way too quick, way too athletic, blah, blah blah... When there's a plate of crow to consume, suddenly they're all too full.

Too busy trying to get us to play mafia with them.

It was a total butt kicking. I think ISU is in store for a lot more of these games. This whole season depends on Lucious... if he plays under control, smart basketball (BYU) ISU has a chance to win. If he plays moron basketball (Las Vegas tourney, Iowa) ISU will lose and look bad doing so. Palo really hurt this team by leaving them with one guy who can handle the ball at even a mediocre level.

You guys might get us the next couple years in MBB.... might.

But I fully expect ISU to get Iowa in football for the next 2 or 3 years. It's crazy how that's turned. Who would have thought you'd ever hear that. ISU better in football clearly, and Iowa better in basketball.

Nice WET dream, but that is about all it is CLOWN

You guys might get us the next couple years in MBB.... might.

But I fully expect ISU to get Iowa in football for the next 2 or 3 years. It's crazy how that's turned. Who would have thought you'd ever hear that. ISU better in football clearly, and Iowa better in basketball.

You fully expect ISU to have a 4-5 in a row streak against Iowa in football?

Please explain that clonedude.

I am guessing Sam Richardson is going to be 33.33% of that confidence. 33.33% is going to be Iowa's record this year. The last 33.34% is going to be from having Paul Rhoads as a coach. Iowa fans said things like this when Iowa had a 3 year streak of severely dominating ISU in football and ISU fans flipped out. Yep seems like pretty solid logic to me!

"clowns" and "logic" should never be used in the same sentence unless the words "have no" come between them.

Please provide the link where I said Iowa was better than ISU. Additionally, if you knew me personally you would know I'm the farthest thing from an Iowa homer as you'll find. You continue to play the what if game. Here's one for you: what if Iowa had a linebacker with speed and stamina, or a running back who could catch the ball in the endzone? You're then looking at a non-bowl eligible 5-7 Cyclone team. What would our record be then?

I'm sorry, I apologize you didn't say that Iowa was better but you act like ISU and Iowa this year were about equal. Not even close, Iowa sucked that is reality, you need to realize how bad this Iowa team was and we were all lucky they squeaked out a few of those victories. Plus ISU played a tougher schedule, ISU won the head to head match and they won more games overall and is going to a bowl game, crappy one but it is still a bowl game.

My point about the score is that the score didn't indicate how the game was actually played. ISU moved the ball well up and down the field and had many more chances to score than Iowa did. Yes, you are right they didn't score but they had more chances, thus ISU played the better game. Just like a few years ago when ISU was all excited because they defeated UNI 0-19 at home. That game wasn't a good game I am pretty sure ISU had a late kick off, punt or INT for a TD to make it seem like ISU dominated the game.

Lack of logic is Iowa fans gloating over beating ISU in football or basketball. Lack of logic is saying...oh we easily could have beaten them. KF has always struggled with ISU or about anytime that he should beat. Now it's no longer an upset and ISU really hasn't gotten better overall. Iowa fans are strutting around over an 8-2 basketball teams that has a schedule similar to Coe's.

Thankfully the B1G in basketball has a terrible lower 1/2. And they have a coach that seems to care about beating teams that are lower in quality.

This thread cracks me up. Kind of like Barney Fife and Goober arguing who is the better deputy when Goober was deputized on an episode. NC and Duke have a legit argument in basketball as well as LSU and Alabama. Could you imagine being an active member of an OSU message board and watching this? Only in Iowa.....

I remember as a kid, kids arguing about whose dad was richer...Mine has a hundred dollars. Mine has 200 dollars.

Hilarious thread.

Lack of logic is Iowa fans gloating over beating ISU in football or basketball. Lack of logic is saying...oh we easily could have beaten them. KF has always struggled with ISU or about anytime that he should beat. Now it's no longer an upset and ISU really hasn't gotten better overall. Iowa fans are strutting around over an 8-2 basketball teams that has a schedule similar to Coe's.

Thankfully the B1G in basketball has a terrible lower 1/2. And they have a coach that seems to care about beating teams that are lower in quality.

This thread cracks me up. Kind of like Barney Fife and Goober arguing who is the better deputy when Goober was deputized on an episode. NC and Duke have a legit argument in basketball as well as LSU and Alabama. Could you imagine being an active member of an OSU message board and watching this? Only in Iowa.....

I remember as a kid, kids arguing about whose dad was richer...Mine has a hundred dollars. Mine has 200 dollars.

Hilarious thread.

Agree completely. Since 1998...

MBB: clownz 8, us 7
FB: clownz 9, us 6

Pretty evenly matched rivalry, IMO. We shouldn't be beating our chests over one win, and we shouldn't be acting like we've been the superior team when this has been an even matchup for most of relevant history. Don't jinx us, guys. This is a healthy, fun rivalry and we shouldn't look down our nose at it.

Hilarious thread.

Nice recap of what you find hilarious but isn't this what message boards are for? Arguing, comparing and discussing other opinions. Check most of the threads on this site, you will find this in almost each thread to some degree, some worse than others obviously. Especially when ISU is involved.

Nice recap of what you find hilarious but isn't this what message boards are for? Arguing, comparing and discussing other opinions. Check most of the threads on this site, you will find this in almost each thread to some degree, some worse than others obviously. Especially when ISU is involved.

That's why I piped in. I miss the days of the football announcer saying scores like Nebraska 57 - ISU 0 during a Hawk game. The place would go nuts. The rivalry has lost it's luster.

That's why I piped in. I miss the days of the football announcer saying scores like Nebraska 57 - ISU 0 during a Hawk game. The place would go nuts. The rivalry has lost it's luster.

Until Ferentz gets a divorce from his style of play, learns to adapt then this rivalry won't be the same since ISU has a better chance to keep winning because Iowa sucks.

I love basketball but football to me is what really matters when it comes to this rivalry.

I'm sorry, I apologize you didn't say that Iowa was better but you act like ISU and Iowa this year were about equal. Not even close, Iowa sucked that is reality, you need to realize how bad this Iowa team was and we were all lucky they squeaked out a few of those victories. Plus ISU played a tougher schedule, ISU won the head to head match and they won more games overall and is going to a bowl game, crappy one but it is still a bowl game.

My point about the score is that the score didn't indicate how the game was actually played. ISU moved the ball well up and down the field and had many more chances to score than Iowa did. Yes, you are right they didn't score but they had more chances, thus ISU played the better game. Just like a few years ago when ISU was all excited because they defeated UNI 0-19 at home. That game wasn't a good game I am pretty sure ISU had a late kick off, punt or INT for a TD to make it seem like ISU dominated the game.

Again, I didn't say they were about equal either. I'm not arguing that Iowa was better. I'm argueing that ISU was "far superrior". EVERY team we play moves the ball well up and down the field agianst us. That's how our bend but don't break (bend AND break more recently) works. The point is, they didn't score given the opportunity. WE stopped them. I don't care how many chances a team has to score. If they don't put the ball in the endzone vs a bad D, what does that make the O? The mere fact that they had so MANY opportunities and couldn't push it in should tell you something. Going back to fantasy land using my previous example, if we manage to hold on to the TD pass or Morris houses the pick, we win. We'd have identical records, own a head to head victory and we'd be playing in the same bowl. Would you think ISU was "far superrior" to Iowa then?

Until Ferentz gets a divorce from his style of play, learns to adapt then this rivalry won't be the same since ISU has a better chance to keep winning because Iowa sucks.

I love basketball but football to me is what really matters when it comes to this rivalry.

COMPLETELY agree with you on this one! :)

Again, I didn't say they were about equal either. I'm not arguing that Iowa was better. I'm argueing that ISU was "far superrior". EVERY team we play moves the ball well up and down the field agianst us. That's how our bend but don't break (bend AND break more recently) works. The point is, they didn't score given the opportunity. WE stopped them. I don't care how many chances a team has to score. If they don't put the ball in the endzone vs a bad D, what does that make the O? The mere fact that they had so MANY opportunities and couldn't push it in should tell you something. Going back to fantasy land using my previous example, if we manage to hold on to the TD pass or Morris houses the pick, we win. We'd have identical records, own a head to head victory and we'd be playing in the same bowl. Would you think ISU was "far superrior" to Iowa then?

I get it, yes far superior is a stretch. ISU has never been far superior to Iowa in football, ever. When ISU puts up the point difference on Iowa like Iowa did between '08, '09 and '10. Then they can start with the superior stuff.

Just so we are clear the situations I spoke of were if you go back to the game there were 4 different times that the wide receivers had the DB's beat by about 5 yards with no one between the player and he endzone, but Jantz merely over threw them. The Iowa's Defense didnt stop those plays with a pass rush or great defense by the DB's but ISU (or Jantz), shot themselves in the foot. I honestly think ISU was a consistent QB away from 8-4 because West Virginia wasn't as good as everyone thought originally, ISU could have beaten them same with Okie State. Shoulda, woulda, coulda I know, just saying they had that potential. Iowa on the other hand, I don't think they ever had that kind of potential. I don't blame Vandenberg (I did most games), but looking back I really blame the coaching staff. I don't think they put this team in a position to be successful this past season.

COMPLETELY agree with you on this one! :)

Yeah, I love the basketball game but it just doesn't have the same affect that football does. I watch every Iowa football and basketball game and I get into each them all the same regardless of which sport. But when it comes to ISU, football is the only one that matters. My ISU friends will say they won if it is a basketball game but it isn't like when they win in football, not even close.

I get it, yes far superior is a stretch. ISU has never been far superior to Iowa in football, ever. When ISU puts up the point difference on Iowa like Iowa did between '08, '09 and '10. Then they can start with the superior stuff.

Just so we are clear the situations I spoke of were if you go back to the game there were 4 different times that the wide receivers had the DB's beat by about 5 yards with no one between the player and he endzone, but Jantz merely over threw them. The Iowa's Defense didnt stop those plays with a pass rush or great defense by the DB's but ISU (or Jantz), shot themselves in the foot. I honestly think ISU was a consistent QB away from 8-4 because West Virginia wasn't as good as everyone thought originally, ISU could have beaten them same with Okie State. Shoulda, woulda, coulda I know, just saying they had that potential. Iowa on the other hand, I don't think they ever had that kind of potential. I don't blame Vandenberg (I did most games), but looking back I really blame the coaching staff. I don't think they put this team in a position to be successful this past season.

Just stop. You're making excuses. Fact is that Jantz isn't good enough to hit the deep ball consistently. A team's record tells you exactly what each team is within their conference. You can't compare schedules, they didn't play the same schedule. Yes, ISU won this year, it could of have been worse, but Iowa also could of won. To give one team excuses, but not another is insane. We know Iowa sucked this year, badly, and ISU only won by 3. You said if ISU hits those 4 deep passes that they win by a lot, well, if Morris returns the INT for a TD vs ISU, if Iowa recovers the onside kick vs CMU, blocks the FG vs Purdue, changes a play vs Indy then Iowa is 8-4 and ISU is 5-7, then I guess that would make Iowa far superior even though they would have won by 4. We can play this game all day long. Fact is both teams were bad this year.

It was a total butt kicking. I think ISU is in store for a lot more of these games. This whole season depends on Lucious... if he plays under control, smart basketball (BYU) ISU has a chance to win. If he plays moron basketball (Las Vegas tourney, Iowa) ISU will lose and look bad doing so. Palo really hurt this team by leaving them with one guy who can handle the ball at even a mediocre level.

You will see more of this rather than the smart basketball. Izzo knew what he was doing, but according to most of teh Clown nation Izzo was a moran and Lucious was going to be All-American at teh ISWHO once Freddie Basketball got his hands on him.

Just stop. You're making excuses. Fact is that Jantz isn't good enough to hit the deep ball consistently. A team's record tells you exactly what each team is within their conference. You can't compare schedules, they didn't play the same schedule. Yes, ISU won this year, it could of have been worse, but Iowa also could of won. To give one team excuses, but not another is insane. We know Iowa sucked this year, badly, and ISU only won by 3. You said if ISU hits those 4 deep passes that they win by a lot, well, if Morris returns the INT for a TD vs ISU, if Iowa recovers the onside kick vs CMU, blocks the FG vs Purdue, changes a play vs Indy then Iowa is 8-4 and ISU is 5-7, then I guess that would make Iowa far superior even though they would have won by 4. We can play this game all day long. Fact is both teams were bad this year.

IowaFan81, Iowa sucked really bad this year but ISU wasn't bad, they weren't good either but they were better than Iowa. I don't like it any more than any other fan on this board but that is reality.

FACTS: ISU did win more games and did win head to head and is going to a bowl game, Iowa is not. You can say that ISU played a tougher schedule, is debatable but I disagree.

If your saying that I can't compare them then that is YOUR OPINION. You have your opinions and I have mine. If you feel my opinions are excuses then good for you, awesome, doesn't matter. The only thing I was trying to say is ISU was better than Iowa this year, if you can't see that then fine.

My opinion is Iowa had more issues to overcome than ISU did, again that is an opinion, not an excuse. Feel free to disagree, it's a free world but don't tell me to stop, unless you are going to take your own advice as well. By the way I didn't say ISU was good, I said they were better than Iowa THIS YEAR.

Iowa wasn't a good QB away from being good, their offensive and defensive schemes were broken. ISU schemes were just fine, their QB's weren't consistent enough to be good.

Latest posts