About ARob KF on call in show just said

Pooker

only T Nielsen definitely out and that Tarp and Hunter practiced this week. I would think ARob could/would be available based on his comments. I still think this is Coker break out game.

let's hope coker gets some time in. we'll need all the horsepower we can get against OSU. i think we can beat them with just ARob, but I'd like to know we have someone who could give him a breather.

Jason White is healthy again, isn't he? Wouldn't he be another option at RB if necessary? I anticipate Morse will go the whole game at FB, while Coker and Rogers will probably ****-pound Indiana's front 7 all day. If Robinson sits, I bet Coker will like running against teams that don't know he's getting the ball...last week, he gets in the game basically to run at run blitzes and 9 man boxes the entire time because we were milking clock.

Good thing Indiana blows...Coker will be solid if he starts. I am actually more worried about him getting hurt if he has to carry it too many times

If all else fails Ricky can just pass for 400 yards

My worry is pass blocking. A-Rob is a stud at picking up the blitz. Hope our next men in can do the same!

Good thing Indiana blows...Coker will be solid if he starts. I am actually more worried about him getting hurt if he has to carry it too many times

If all else fails Ricky can just pass for 400 yards

I want to see 400 yards. When was the last time an Iowa QB was over 400 yards?? A lot of short passes is what I would like to see, hitting the secondary receiver. We are going to need it in the future.

My worry is pass blocking. A-Rob is a stud at picking up the blitz.

I think this would be the most notable drop off between A-Rob and Coker. We know Coker can run the ball. (With our line, any mid-level RB would likely run the ball effectively against Indy.)

In hindsight, I wonder if the coaching staff wishes it could go back to the 4th quarter of the MSU game and put Coker in more situations where he needed to pick-up blitzes.

Rogers seems to be a solid pass blocker, so I'm confident that they'll come up with a good usage pattern for the two if ARob can't play.

I'm guessing we see Jason White at RB before we see Paki.

I think this would be the most notable drop off between A-Rob and Coker. We know Coker can run the ball. (With our line, any mid-level RB would likely run the ball effectively against Indy.)

In hindsight, I wonder if the coaching staff wishes it could go back to the 4th quarter of the MSU game and put Coker in more situations where he needed to pick-up blitzes.

I sense the staff doesn't spend a lot of time looking backwards or thinking about what could have been.

My fear is that Stanzi will have a bad game, yet this year. I hope not. If he does, I hope the coaching staff realizes it and limits what he can and can't do.

This is why we need A-Rob healthy or Coker to have a breakout game to support passing.

I hope our fans travel well for this one. God knows there should be plenty of tix available. Did you see Indy's game last weekend? Tons of fans dressed as empty seats. Must have been the hot Halloween costume in Bloomington this year.

Unless something's going terribly wrong, keep ARob out and give Coker and Rogers a chance to get some reps in. If the game is going according to plan, and we're blowing them out early, I think it'll be a good opportunity to get Vandy some reps too.

Keep ARob healthy for jNW and tOSU.

I want to see 400 yards. When was the last time an Iowa QB was over 400 yards?? A lot of short passes is what I would like to see, hitting the secondary receiver. We are going to need it in the future.

My guess without looking it up was Hartlieb at Indiana - a game Iowa lost. So that history doesn't repeat itself, I'd like to avoid Stanzi passing enough to have him get to 400 yards.

Unless something's going terribly wrong, keep ARob out and give Coker and Rogers a chance to get some reps in. If the game is going according to plan, and we're blowing them out early, I think it'll be a good opportunity to get Vandy some reps too.

Keep ARob healthy for jNW and tOSU.

The determining factor should not be whether "something's going terribly wrong," it should be the athlete's health and safety. If he's not 100 percent and there's concern of another hard hit making his concussion worse, hold him out, whether we are winning or losing. I have to think that's how the staff is approaching it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the sideline not dressed to play.

My guess without looking it up was Hartlieb at Indiana - a game Iowa lost. So that history doesn't repeat itself, I'd like to avoid Stanzi passing enough to have him get to 400 yards.

Hopefully our run game is on regardless of who is at RB. Indiana has been bad against the rush this year. In fact, NW got their first 100 yard rusher last week since 2008.

Indiana is 82nd against the run this year (167.5 ypg) and 102 in yards allowed per carry (5.17).

My fear is that Stanzi will have a bad game, yet this year. I hope not. If he does, I hope the coaching staff realizes it and limits what he can and can't do.

This is why we need A-Rob healthy or Coker to have a breakout game to support passing.

I don't think we have to worry about Stanzi needing limitation. He's grown/evolved way too much for that. I think the coaching staff needs to limit these iffy decisions. Nobodys perfect, but they could use more care in making decisions about leaving starters in, etc... Would be a great game to let Coker prove he can protect Stanzi, the ball, the ball, and the score.

Latest posts