AAU 16U (class of 2012)

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

For those interested, the 16U Kingdom Hoops beat the 16U Martin Bros yesterday in KC. To my knowledge, that Martin Bros team has never lost to a team in their age bracket from the state of Iowa. The crazy part is that MB led by 24 in the 2nd half, and KH was without four players, three of which I would consider key players.

Great win for the 16U kids at Kingdom Hoops. They have developed into a top 15-20 team nationally, with MB still considered a top 5-10 team. If KH had the size up front that MB had, I think KH could win a national title. MB starts two 7-footers between Woodbury and the 7-0 kid out of Omaha (can't remember his name...).

Martin Brothers ended up winning the tournament. Your right the Kingdom hoops team is very good.

Whose the KH kid that plays center. He can really get up. Seems like a great athlete.

Whose the KH kid that plays center. He can really get up. Seems like a great athlete.

Scott Bruxvoort from PCM. Put up great numbers as a sophomore last year (17 and 10 reb/game). Definitely jumps out of the gym! He is missing a couple of teeth these days due to a hell of a fall he took a few weeks back. Tough kid!

Following that tough collision he had 2 weeks ago, I read where he knocked 2 teeth out again yesterday in KC. He may want to get a mouth piece while he still has some left.

Following that tough collision he had 2 weeks ago, I read where he knocked 2 teeth out again yesterday in KC. He may want to get a mouth piece while he still has some left.

Brutal. I heard Wes Staten collided head-to-head with a kid from Oklahoma going after a ball and they had to get 30 stitches between the two to patch them up.

Kid sounds like he's got a little Greg Brunner in him. Would suck if he ended up being another of those overlooked UNI guys that we regret letting slip by, because he ends up kicking our ****.

Kid sounds like he's got a little Greg Brunner in him. Would suck if he ended up being another of those overlooked UNI guys that we regret letting slip by, because he ends up kicking our ****.

Brux to Brunner is a great comparison. Brux actually had the bald head/Brunner look going for awhile. Now has the hair back. I think he is about 6-5. If he gets to 6-7/6-8, I hope Iowa gives him a hard look. Great kid, and great great athlete!

While we're on the topic of the 2012 class, who do you guys feel we have a legitimate chance of landing?

Woodbury supposedly is a big Iowa fan and would be a great get.

Paige I know we will be going after hard, just not sure once his offers start rolling in if he will still choose Iowa over the big boys.

Gesell I know we offered and I think we have a pretty good shot at landing him. Would be awesome if we got all three of these guys, especially since they already have all this experience playing with one another.

Anyone heard anything linking Staten to Iowa yet? I'm sure we will offer but out of these 4 he's the one I'm most unfamiliar with...

While we're on the topic of the 2012 class, who do you guys feel we have a legitimate chance of landing?

Woodbury supposedly is a big Iowa fan and would be a great get.

Paige I know we will be going after hard, just not sure once his offers start rolling in if he will still choose Iowa over the big boys.

Gesell I know we offered and I think we have a pretty good shot at landing him. Would be awesome if we got all three of these guys, especially since they already have all this experience playing with one another.

Anyone heard anything linking Staten to Iowa yet? I'm sure we will offer but out of these 4 he's the one I'm most unfamiliar with...

Woodbury and Gessell are the most likely of the two. Paige will be tough, but it is certainly possible. Staten will go out of state IMO.

I think Woodbury is the most critical get for us. Although I am not in love with his game, he is 6-11. I think Paige and Gessell could be easily replaced with other talented players in this class. I think Cory Myers from Ankeny is a great PG who gets over-looked a lot. All he does is win, and get better every time he steps on the court. I also like Taylor Olson a lot from CR Jefferson, although he is more of a 2/3 guard. He is every bit as good as Gessell though. Jordan Stotts (Waukee) is a kid who was nowhere close to the radar two years ago, but has slowly started to climb the charts. He is now about 6-7 and shoots it extremely well. Look for him as a sleeper of this class, maybe like an Uthoff kind of recruit where he blows up late.

Woodbury and Gessell are the most likely of the two. Paige will be tough, but it is certainly possible. Staten will go out of state IMO.

I think Woodbury is the most critical get for us. Although I am not in love with his game, he is 6-11. I think Paige and Gessell could be easily replaced with other talented players in this class. I think Cory Myers from Ankeny is a great PG who gets over-looked a lot. All he does is win, and get better every time he steps on the court. I also like Taylor Olson a lot from CR Jefferson, although he is more of a 2/3 guard. He is every bit as good as Gessell though. Jordan Stotts (Waukee) is a kid who was nowhere close to the radar two years ago, but has slowly started to climb the charts. He is now about 6-7 and shoots it extremely well. Look for him as a sleeper of this class, maybe like an Uthoff kind of recruit where he blows up late.

I think Paige is essential as well as Woodbury. If we get Gessell great. But I think after that we are going out of state. Fran is already talking to forwards that are in North Carolina and California and out east. When you lock down the borders you want to get the best. That's Woodbury, Paige, Gessel and that's about it. There's a reason they're highly touted. Paige is the essential link I believe.

Also, I don't think Iowa get Uthoff (and I'm not that concerned). I think he ends up at...............ISU. There are more athletic forwards out there for the hawks.

I think Paige is essential as well as Woodbury. If we get Gessell great. But I think after that we are going out of state. Fran is already talking to forwards that are in North Carolina and California and out east. When you lock down the borders you want to get the best. That's Woodbury, Paige, Gessel and that's about it. There's a reason they're highly touted. Paige is the essential link I believe.

Also, I don't think Iowa get Uthoff (and I'm not that concerned). I think he ends up at...............ISU. There are more athletic forwards out there for the hawks.

I agree for the most part. I have seen a lot of Paige, but not that much of Uthoff. Truthfully, I would not be disappointed if we missed on both.

You sound like a anti- Paige and Gessel poster, and certainly in favor of Kingdom hoops players, if the hawks pass on those two who do you have in mind and please be honest, undertones are showing. I'm going to say that in 2010 Class Gessel, Woodbury and Paige would turn the culture of Hawkeye basketball around or at least help along with other studs that Fran brings in .........but please explain why if they pass you would be okay and who do you fill in with, your up Hawkeyestate4ever.

You sound like a anti- Paige and Gessel poster, and certainly in favor of Kingdom hoops players, if the hawks pass on those two who do you have in mind and please be honest, undertones are showing. I'm going to say that in 2010 Class Gessel, Woodbury and Paige would turn the culture of Hawkeye basketball around or at least help along with other studs that Fran brings in .........but please explain why if they pass you would be okay and who do you fill in with, your up Hawkeyestate4ever.

So does this make you in favor of Martin Bros players? This is your first post. Why did you choose it to be on this topic?

To answer your question, I do not have anything personally against either kid. They are kids. I think Paige is highly overrated. Many think I am wrong. As for who else I like, read the whole thread. It was a couple days ago, but I think I listed a couple names. Cory Myers (Ankeny), Dwight Sistunk Jr (DM Hoover), Teyshaun Campbell (CR Jefferson) are all great point guards in this class.

Living in the Des Moines area, I am much more familiar with the local kids, but there is talent all over the state. I have seen almost all of the kids in 2012 play, and I feel like I have a good grasp on what is out there. I am simply offering my opinions here. Sorry if you do not agree with them.

Latest posts