Aaron White is pure class

glidinghawk

He gives a lot of credit to his teammates and coaching staff. He's a great teammate. Determined, strong, dedicated, tough, and a humble winner.

He's my favorite Hawks player since Chris Street.

He gives a lot of credit to his teammates and coaching staff. He's a great teammate. Determined, strong, dedicated, tough, and a humble winner.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of White. The morons over on CF were talking about how arrogant he is yesterday based on a couple of out-of-context quotes from a recent interview. Some of them seemed genuinely ****** which I thought was weird but also funny. Last time I checked White doesn't blow kisses to opposing teams' crowds, troll opposing teams' fans on Twitter, or talk **** during games. He lets his play do the talking. Oh and he plays defense.

There are some morons on the clone board that claim that White would be their 9th man at best. Delusional creeps think Ames is the center of the basketball universe and Fred invented the game.

Well White does talk smack on the court that is a misnomer... He got caught and Td up once this year for it. I've seen him talk to opposing players quite a bit. Not their fans just to players on the court. I have no problem with it really as a lot of good players do that. To me it's a part of it. But he's not quite the choir boy your insinuating but he's close.

There are some morons on the clone board that claim that White would be their 9th man at best. Delusional creeps think Ames is the center of the basketball universe and Fred invented the game.

There are dumb people on message boards and I'm going to assume that's not a majority decision but the second best scorer in a very good program's history is not a 9th best player on any team.

I'm going to be really sad at "sad player from eliminated team" camera shot picture whenever that happens.

White has been beastly... keep it going.

He isn't a bad guy by any means.. seems smart. But he is kind of an arse lets be honest.

If I'm going for pure class... maybe Gabe and that smooth british accent.

Took the words right out of my mouth as I was going to say he energy and enthusiasm reminds me of Chris.

My top 5 favorites has to be Woolridge, Oliver, Brunner, Settles and White.

Wow. You've GOT to be young. Yeah, I like these guys, but......

I really liked watching Ronnie Lester. Guy could get to just below the FT line and shoot a teardrop with deadly accuracy. And Downtown Freddie Brown... his name says it all. He shot what would now be three pointers with over 50% accuracy. I like White, but how can you not like Roy Marble even more? The guy was amazing and made his teammates better; what a competitor. And Chris Street, while his career was tragically cut short, was so much fun to watch. Kevin Kunnert was a rebounding machine and it was fun to watch him grab the ball and get it to the outlet. Never watched the great teams from the '50s, the Fabulous Five, but I'll bet making the Final Four two years in a row was a LOT of fun!

Really tough to name a top 5 but I;d go B.J., Ronnie Lester, Greg Stokes, Chris Street and Aaron White with Orlando Woolridge and Adam Haluska not far behind.

Wow. You've GOT to be young. Yeah, I like these guys, but......

I really liked watching Ronnie Lester. Guy could get to just below the FT line and shoot a teardrop with deadly accuracy. And Downtown Freddie Brown... his name says it all. He shot what would now be three pointers with over 50% accuracy. I like White, but how can you not like Roy Marble even more? The guy was amazing and made his teammates better; what a competitor. And Chris Street, while his career was tragically cut short, was so much fun to watch. Kevin Kunnert was a rebounding machine and it was fun to watch him grab the ball and get it to the outlet. Never watched the great teams from the '50s, the Fabulous Five, but I'll bet making the Final Four two years in a row was a LOT of fun!

Only 28 so yup. I've never really seen a great Iowa team so that's all I've got. Never watched Armstrong (as a Hawks) Lester, Marble Sr, Street or anyone else before the mid 90's.

Honestly, I was never enamored with White. I hated that he would always go for a steal and not play solid defense and that he would act like he was being murdered instead of actually trying to make a shot. White's first three years he couldn't create much on his own. I'm impressed and proud of what he's done this year and I will miss him.

Only 28 so yup. I've never really seen a great Iowa team so that's all I've got. Never watched Armstrong (as a Hawks) Lester, Marble Sr, Street or anyone else before the mid 90's.

BJ was such a smoother player... great shooter and ran the show nicely.

Ronnie Lester was more explosive but I was very young when he played.

Aaron has always been a class act, much like a Matt Gatens. Both had to learn to become assertive leaders. Aaron has now shown me he can play at the next level; I did not see that a couple of months ago. I am glad he came to Iowa and he may be the next Ryan Bowen in the NBA. Best of luck to him.

Really tough to name a top 5 but I;d go B.J., Ronnie Lester, Greg Stokes, Chris Street and Aaron White with Orlando Woolridge and Adam Haluska not far behind.

I'm thinking you mean Andre Woolridge. Orlando Woolridge played for Notre Dame.

You've got Orlando Woolridge, huh....

I've got:

J.R. Armstrong,
Ray Marble,
Daryl Nelson,
Sal Williams, and
K.C. Earl.

Last edited:
#1 Andre Woolridge
#2 Roy Marble
#3 Matt Bullard
#4 Ed Horton