Aaron Fuller, the emergence of a star

jardinero

I don't think it can be underestimated how big AF's emergence as a key player has been in the last 2 games. All of a sudden he is making a difference, and he is making other players better too. While it would be great to get Tucker back to add some ball handling and toughness, AF is the real deal. And sooner rather than later Cole will be back in better form, and then we just might have some inside/outside balance.

Fuller is finally healthy and it looks like there's a bright future ahead. Hawks need to add some size and athleticism down low to help Cole and Fuller out though, for the team to turn the corner next year...

I agree, he is getting sooo much confidence..when players his size start doing certain nuances with their back to the basket during a run like this where the rim is huge, you can just see the cockiness come out of them...not in a negative way, but in an 'I'm dealin, and you can't stop me' way.

he has 44 points and 20 rebounds in his last two games. Seven offensive boards today

If you had watched the Tenn State game, where Aaron Fuller went for 24, it would not be a surprise that he had this good of a game today. At Carver Hawkeye, this team has a chance to win some Big Ten games, yet this season. It would be nice to see Hawkeye fans MAN-UP and get to CHA for the remaining Big Ten games.

If you had watched the Tenn State game, where Aaron Fuller went for 24, it would not be a surprise that he had this good of a game today. At Carver Hawkeye, this team has a chance to win some Big Ten games, yet this season. It would be nice to see Hawkeye fans MAN-UP and get to CHA for the remaining Big Ten games.

Did you go to the game today?

Fuller talked about this after the game. He is finally healthy, and he feels he can really help out on the court.

Fuller talked about this after the game. He is finally healthy, and he feels he can really help out on the court.

Coach Lick was talking about him after the game on BTN and mentioned that he's always had confidence in him and knew he could play, he just needed to get healthy as well as just go out and show it on the court...hopefully these last 2 games are just the beginning.

2 huge games in row for Fuller. Sound familiar? Look for him to get benched the rest of the season. ;)

Oh...you mean "The David Palmer Experiment"? When Palmer scored a boat load of points in 2 games and scored 3 points more than I did, while shooting somewhere in the neighborhood of 8% the next 4 games, but was supposedly benched after those 2 good games? I don't see it happening to Fuller...he appears to try hard and have talent.

2 games, especially against the basketball powerhouses of Tenn. St. and Penn St. does not mean he is an emerging star...

Penn State's average margin of loss in their winless Big10 campaign...3ppg...they're not exactly a steaming pile of crap...you almost sound down that someone on Lick's team is showing something positive? You ok? Need a pick me up? Like "Hawks will get smoked at MSU"???

:p

Penn State's average margin of loss in their winless Big10 campaign...3ppg...they're not exactly a steaming pile of crap...you almost sound down that someone on Lick's team is showing something positive? You ok? Need a pick me up? Like "Hawks will get smoked at MSU"???

:p

Ahhhhh....thank you.I didn't need a pick me up...just a dose of reality.

Ahhhhh....thank you.I didn't need a pick me up...just a dose of reality.

Yip the hue and cry of negativity...... "I'm just a realist", or "I deal in reality", or in this case "just a does of reality"

Couldn't have guessed this was your opinion clic, I am absolutely shocked ~sarcasm~ We especially needed this reality before the good feelings of a win were to somehow cloud our vision. Thanks clic we owe ya! :D

They play better without Tucker IMO...Tucker hardly adds any toughness, espcially on the defensive side of the court. Other than just having a body to substitute, I don't think the Hawks miss him or the way he jacks threes.

Yip the hue and cry of negativity...... "I'm just a realist", or "I deal in reality", or in this case "just a does of reality"

Couldn't have guessed this was your opinion clic, I am absolutely shocked ~sarcasm~ We especially needed this reality before the good feelings of a win were to somehow cloud our vision. Thanks clic we owe ya! :D

A dose of reality...what happens to all of the other players on Lick's teams who emerge over the course of a season?

Second question, where do you think he ends up next year? Back to Arizona?

A dose of reality...what happens to all of the other players on Lick's teams who emerge over the course of a season?

Second question, where do you think he ends up next year? Back to Arizona?

Where did I once say Fuller has "emerged". I didn't say that, as I think he had two good game, is playing much better, but you have to sustain this for much longer to have "emerged" in my opinion. Now that said, if he keeps up the good play for lets say 10 games where he averages 15, 16 points ,and 8 Reb. a game I think we could look back and point to these two games as the jumping off point.

Where does Fuller end up at next year? Hopefully on the All Big 10 team as a Iowa Hawkeye. Do you wish him gone or something? Do you have some inside information that you are not sharing with us Ghost?

Where did I once say Fuller has "emerged". I didn't say that, as I think he had two good game, is playing much better, but you have to sustain this for much longer to have "emerged" in my opinion. Now that said, if he keeps up the good play for lets say 10 games where he averages 15, 16 points ,and 8 Reb. a game I think we could look back and point to these two games as the jumping off point.

Where does Fuller end up at next year? Hopefully on the All Big 10 team as a Iowa Hawkeye. Do you wish him gone or something? Do you have some inside information that you are not sharing with us Ghost?

Hey Dean, look at the title of this thread.

The only inside information I have for you is three years of history repeating. Once is an event. Two is chance. Three is a trend.

Latest posts