A Throwback to Iowa Glory

Do we have anyone on our team now that sees significant min on that team?

That team today wins the NCAA. College bball was so much better when kids routinely stayed 3+ years.

I think Gatens could have played a somewhat similar role as Moe, coming in off the bench and providing some outside shooting. Moe was quicker in my opinion, but I think you could argue Gatens would have worked himself into a small but consistent role.

I don't think Devyn would have seen the floor much. Even with Davis' system, no way Devyn takes minutes from Gamble, Marble or BJ. And you have the possible best 6th man in the country coming off the bench in Moe. Bill Jones could also bring the ball up the court, and was a savvy senior who played better defense than today's version of Devyn.

Everybody else on today's roster would be battling Bart Casey for the best seat at practice to watch the other 14 practice.

Some of you guys are wayyyy too obsessed with short shorts. Personally, I won't wear anything that goes above my knees because nobody needs to see these white ugly thangs.

Some of you guys are wayyyy too obsessed with short shorts. Personally, I won't wear anything that goes above my knees because nobody needs to see these white ugly thangs.

I think just a little above the knee would be about right, but not much more than that.

Half-way up the thigh as others have suggested (or even shorter)? Sorry, but that is old-fashioned. Blech.

That is sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. If you would get some sun on those things during the summer by wearing a shorter sort, maybe they wouldn't be so white and ugly.

A lot of the members of the 86-87 team previously wore them. Plus the s c r i p t Iowa is so much cooler, it makes complete sense.
iowa8687basketball.jpg

that was sweet memory
:p

That is sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. If you would get some sun on those things during the summer by wearing a shorter sort, maybe they wouldn't be so white and ugly.

Lol.. I don't think any amount of sun is going to make wanna show off some more thigh..

What are some of you guys' thoughts on speedos? Are those short enough for ya?

if all the players are mark spitz, so yea we will wear speedos..imagine all the lady fans drooling all over themselves in carver .

Remembed when the lakers tried short shorts for a throwback? The players hated it so much they changed at half.

Thanks for the link.

"The contest against the Nittany Lions will mark the first game back for Davis since he retired from coaching. Davis is the winningest coach in UI basketball history."

This is not true. I remember during the Alford era he came back as Drake's head coach. When they announced his name pregame it was literally the loudest I have ever heard Carver. Ever. I'll never forget it because I idolized Mr. Davis growing up and it was special to see him back. You could tell it meant a lot to him.
Alford recieved a mild cheer, with some boos mixed in :)

The firing of Mr. Davis will go down as one of the lowest points in Iowa basketball history. Sadly, at the time I too was wrapped up in the excitement of the prodigy coming to IC.

I wish I could go to this game and cheer Mr. Davis. I would applaud him and give him the accolades he deserves.

The firing of Mr. Davis will go down as one of the lowest points in Iowa basketball history. Sadly, at the time I too was wrapped up in the excitement of the prodigy coming to IC.

I wish I could go to this game and cheer Mr. Davis. I would applaud him and give him the accolades he deserves.

thanks to bob blowsbuy for not renewing contract with Mr. Davis:mad:

Let's go back to true glory. The '68, '70 '79 Big Ten Champs or the '80 Final Four team.

Iowa Basketball: Iowa in the Final Four?

About the only glory concerning the '87 team was that it was the only Tom Davis team that seriously challenged for the Big Ten title. Iowa basketball has been so bad for so many years, people think the glory years were under Davis. What a joke!

Latest posts