A simple question

blkngldFRO

If Iowa can go 8-4 before BigTen starts does that make Iowa Basketball relevant again, and does that excite the Iowa fan base after a disappointing football season?

If they do go 8-4 i think it is realistic that they can get 15 wins this year. I also think fans are looking for a team to get behind after this past football season. If they are playing their hearts out and leaving it on the floor, you will see a full carver.

I'm not as focused on a record this year (or next) as I am on signs of progress that I outlined in another thread. IMHO changing coaches was a good first start towards making Iowa hoops watchable again.

Right now I would just be happy if they prove the preseason voters wrong and finish outside of the cellar. That's an improvement right there.

I'm not as focused on a record this year (or next) as I am on signs of progress that I outlined in another thread. IMHO changing coaches was a good first start towards making Iowa hoops watchable again.

This. I have actually enjoyed watching the team this year, even when they are not playing well or lose. I expect an absolutely horrible year recordwise, and to me it does not make a difference if we win 7 games or 15 games. Just keep moving forward. Lick could never do that because he would lose his best players every year.

If Iowa can go 8-4 before BigTen starts does that make Iowa Basketball relevant again, and does that excite the Iowa fan base after a disappointing football season?

If they do go 8-4 i think it is realistic that they can get 15 wins this year. I also think fans are looking for a team to get behind after this past football season. If they are playing their hearts out and leaving it on the floor, you will see a full carver.

7 wins in conf could be a stretch.

If the keep playing this style and with this determination, I will consider the season a success. I am going to get my dad and I tickets for a few games for Christmas this year for the first time in about 8 years. For right now, it's not about winning and losing but about having an exciting product that entertains and has some passion back to it again.

7 wins in conf could be a stretch.
Agreed, I think Iowa can win at home against Indiana, NW. Possibly win on the road against Indiana and PSU. I havent followed Michigan so maybe get a win from them. I see 5 or 6 max wins, who knows. Maybe Gatens goes on a tear and really heats up shooting the ball and the rest of the team starts to shoot better, maybe they can steal a few wins at home.

If they have win more games than the FB team, they'd be relevant to me for the first time in a while

If, Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!
If my aunt had a set of stones, she'd be my uncle.

Lets don't play the IF game, it just gets us playing in the National Championship game before the season starts.

I am not an Iowa football fan (Texas A&M), so my football season hasn't been so disappointing. I have enjoyed this seaon for basketball (love my Hawks), you can see so much improvement and coaching adjustments, what a concept.

Does an 8-4 season make them relevant, no. What will make them relevant is that Iowa does not get blown out of league games. If Iowa gets to 15 wins then, wow, Fran is much better than I already give him credit.
If Iowa can win a couple games they aren't supposed to, like at Indiana last year (all I heard about was Indiana going to get on track by getting a win streak when they beat Iowa). They need a two or three of those to become relevant and then kind of a scare to teams heading into next year. Definitely cannot end the season like they did last year.

No. Our schedule hasn't really been that tough and to be honest any good (relevant team) team would have a better record by at least two games. Plus odds are pretty good we will lose our first 6 games in conference (although we have a good shot against Northwester).

We have a long way to go before Iowa basketball is a big time thing again. Just enjoy the journey and if we get back to a consistent tourney team and Carver is packed enjoy knowing that you were there at the beginning.

5-13 could be a stretch, but in my mind they are already relevant. Intriguing young talent, fun to watch and hope for the future. Ive enjoyed this year 10 times more than last year already

Last year may have been the worst year in Iowa sports, my life history. I enjoyed the 1-10 football season way more than last year's b-ball season.

Latest posts