A PREVIEW OF THE NEW KINNICK EXPERIENCE?

Would love to see changes about 'procedures' leading upto game and after game - don't really care about what type of music, songs, etc. They have a video board for commercials - same everywhere

1) Is it a BIG10 rule both teams have to be on field before K-off? Too many minutes between excitement of Hawks taking field and actual kick-off. Tighten it up. Do whatever gets Kinnick the loudest early.

2) Get an exact time & publish ... If kickoff is 11:08, that team will enter at 11:02, if you hear band playing you know you 12min until team enters, etc. - many 'late arrivals' might be there more consistently.

3) Have great surprise Hawk legends (any sport) for coin flips - sometimes done in the past and if done 2-3min before K-off - again, gets everyone going.

4) End of home 'W's... shake hands, Hawks meat in North End Zone, sing fight song (w/ sound system, video zoomed in), team high-fives everyone along the first row as they head to lockerroom - like a road 'W'!! My kids remember those games as the 'most fun'.

5) Senior Day - put parents on the North End Zone goal line - you've worked your tail off for 4-5 years and completed something rare - you deserve a 100 yd jog to your mom from the SW corner.

6) Flyovers - find the next pilot who's ready to retire and go 'Ohio St' - might your last, the best

7) Video packages before the game, during the game - make them totally different every game - you only to do this 7 times a year. Show some practice clips, inside meeting room stuff, Friday morning breakfast, last weeks' post-game / roadtrip - things you don't see but would like to. Students can make pretty good video's in 20 min for a class in HS, surely a professional athletic dept could do the same.

Others?

I wouldn't be disappointed if they got rid of the stupid back and black opening with the semi driving to Iowa City and hitting the other team's helmet on the way through.

Also the panchero's burrito lift...because f*** the burrito lift

I preferred the semi opening when it was not an animated one but an actual semi and the real Herky.

I do not want to see the players walking down the tunnel on the TV.

If the Semi stays I agree get rid of the animation and show Herky driving and then work in quick scenes of great players & plays until Herky is shown driving through the front gates of Kinnick behind which is the other team's mascot.

Keep back in black to bring out the team but fix the timing so they are not standing there forever.

Then I want to see Herky on a Harley leading the players out in a swarm.

I do not want to see the players walking down the tunnel on the TV.

If the Semi stays I agree get rid of the animation and show Herky driving and then work in quick scenes of great players & plays until Herky is shown driving through the front gates of Kinnick behind which is the other team's mascot.

Keep back in black to bring out the team but fix the timing so they are not standing there forever.

Then I want to see Herky on a Harley leading the players out in a swarm.

I'm with you on 2 and 3, but the player walk is great. The fans clearly love it and it builds the intensity. (just so it's not lost, as in your points 2 and 3)

I think the motorcycle thing is bush. Has nothing to do with football. Might as well go with smoke like the clones

I'm with you on 2 and 3, but the player walk is great. The fans clearly love it and it builds the intensity. (just so it's not lost, as in your points 2 and 3)

I think the motorcycle thing is bush. Has nothing to do with football. Might as well go with smoke like the clones

The reason I do not like the walk on TV is the players look half asleep 90% of the time. I want to see some emotion if the walk is going to be broadcast. Otherwise we see the players emerging from the tunnel jumping up and down that is much better in my book.

The Herky on a Harley is much than having him carried out on a flimsy platform that looks like it is going to topple any minute. If not the Harley fine but let's have Herky just run out with the team.

No motorcycles...

paul_rhoads_easy_rider.JPG

Sidenote, I think the Herky with the helmet needs to go. He looks like a jester. Lets do something closer to bball Herky, OR even better, the Herky that looks like the Herky on Parade statues.

I don't mind the walk, although I'd like it better if there was more emotion from the players for that. But one possible benefit to NOT having it is that it would be a lot easier to time up Back in Black. It starts when the team leaves the locker room, and if we didn't use video, they could start it a little before the team actually makes its way down the tunnel. There's a lot of dead space when the team just stands there at the mouth for 2 minutes and everybody starts to feel like:

[video=youtube;QqhkdHlCHLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhkdHlCHLk[/video]

Latest posts