A part of my inside died today!

piperhawk

I got the news this morning while I was at church, and then went into work for awhile after. Which I was able to think about the news. When I came home I told my wife something had died inside of me. UNO cutting it's wrestling progroam. I have had friends former opponents and mentors that have gone to that school to wrestle and I live just a 10 minut drive to the campus. I am shocked and saddened by the news. I thought UNO"s program would be safe from such an act. The program has been succesful in the past and present. And to let something like this happen to a dying sport is something we don't need. I know that coach Dennney and his wrestlers have got to feel horrible about this situation especially after winning a third straight title last night. Trev Alberts and the suits are probably not worried about the cutting of the tradition rich wrestling program because hockey is now div.1, oh and golf and soccer. This is a sad day for our sport!! I have asked myself numerous times what is gonna happen when Coach Gable's health won't permit him to travel the country and be a voice for what I believe is the GREATEST sport ever invinted.

UNO is cutting wrestling?! National championship to the cutting block in less than a day? I can't recall many wrestling programs getting cut while they were at the top of the sport. That is a huge blow to the sport. Wow.

obviously Trev was not man enough to tell Coach Denney to his face, he had to do it over the phone which I think shows what kind of man Trev is. I thought the state of N ebraska was all about "heartland values"?

Latest posts