A loss is a loss, but.....

Really? It is called a trend. The trend is we are a very bad basketball team and last night was another example that Lickliter cannot get it done in the big ten. We are about on pace for winning 1 of every 4 games. You really want to defend that? Please try.

I'm hardly defending, I'm merely wondering why you would use Lickliters conference record in a critique of last nights game.

The "trend" is that Iowa has been playing better basketball over the last few weeks, even if that hasn't translated into wins and losses. They were competitve last night, which is a far cry from the game at Michigan.

You and I seem to have different sets of expectations. One of them is realistic, and one is not. You can probably figure out which set you fall into.

I'm hardly defending, I'm merely wondering why you would use Lickliters conference record in a critique of last nights game.

The "trend" is that Iowa has been playing better basketball over the last few weeks, even if that hasn't translated into wins and losses. They were competitve last night, which is a far cry from the game at Michigan.

You and I seem to have different sets of expectations. One of them is realistic, and one is not. You can probably figure out which set you fall into.

You expected 13-35 three years in? Wow, you have the lowest expectations I've ever seen. My expectations are based on the entire body of work, not one game or three games. That frankly doesnt tell any kind of story.

And Iowa has beaten teams it should have beaten during that time...

...less one: Illinois.

You talk about how they are playing better.

We have talked about this before.

There is one overarching theme to all the 'talk':

Iowa is losing.

So, which set of standards are you wanting as an Iowa fan iahawk20?

A team that "improves" but still loses 60% of their games in over the past 3 seasons or a team that actually wins some games and gives Joe Hawkeye fan hope that we might actually play beyond the BT Tourney?

I will let you answer that one.

Then, we will talk "realistic expectations".

You expected 13-35 three years in? Wow, you have the lowest expectations I've ever seen. My expectations are based on the entire body of work, not one game or three games. That frankly doesnt tell any kind of story.

No, I have (and had) realistic expectations for this team based on their talent level and the mass exodus of players last spring. I expected this team to compete in the conferece, but still lose a lot more than they won. So far, that's played out. If you're expectations are based on the the entire body of work, you really shouldn't have that much to be upset about. If you went into this season knowing that this team would struggle mightily....what are you crying about? EVERYONE knew that this year was going to be like this.

I don't like the shape the program is in any more than anyone else here does. It's a ****** situation for everyone involved, from the coach to the fans.

Latest posts