A loss is a loss, but.....

cibula11

We've been in most games this year and have actually played okay in the ones that we keep close. You can rag on Lick all you want, but with another year of experience we get some of these close wins. Not to mention a little extra talent coming in next year won't hurt either.

Cibula, what exactly are you saying? You're saying we're supposed to be happy that we aren't getting blown out of the gym by thirty points every night? Okay. It's year 3, this team is 8-15, and 2-8 in the Big Ten. That's the situation. Don't scold other people because they're not happy with that.

Cibula, what exactly are you saying? You're saying we're supposed to be happy that we aren't getting blown out of the gym by thirty points every night? Okay. It's year 3, this team is 8-15, and 2-8 in the Big Ten. That's the situation. Don't scold other people because they're not happy with that.

I think he's saying that compared to the alternative, tonight wasn't so bad. A game like tonight makes the Michigan game a bit easier to swallow, as it seems like that game is more of an anomaly than a trend.

I think he's saying that compared to the alternative, tonight wasn't so bad. A game like tonight makes the Michigan game a bit easier to swallow, as it seems like that game is more of an anomaly than a trend.

Not really, you are still getting beat, you still have players who should not be seeing any minutes in a D1 game getting minutes...things are not getting better under Lick they are continuing to get worse and worse.

Not really, you are still getting beat, you still have players who should not be seeing any minutes in a D1 game getting minutes...things are not getting better under Lick they are continuing to get worse and worse.

So would rather have seen Iowa get blown out tonight? Compared to the alternative, I'll take a game like tonight.

Expectations.

Tonight's game pretty much had me in a bad mood all of the way through. My wife even asked me what my problem was.

This team plays with a very low IQ at times...which is due to be overmatched athletically in the backcourt every single time they take the floor.

I'm really surprised the baseline jump passes do not result in more turnovers or quick points for the opposing team. It's almost as though the other team is baiting us into those types of passes. I cringe every time I see it coming.

Get that man a c-gar!

Hello Nail, meet head.

We've been in most games this year and have actually played okay in the ones that we keep close. You can rag on Lick all you want, but with another year of experience we get some of these close wins. Not to mention a little extra talent coming in next year won't hurt either.

Did we watch the same game tonight? You are ok with that performance because Illinois was nearly as bad as Iowa? Awesome expectations...

In most games...thats what competitive sports is all about...ALMOST. We have the 7th rated class coming into the B10...how is that going to change the tide...4 of those ahead of us have top 20 classes coming in. We will suck next year too...and it pains me to say it.

How many times do we need to go over this? Just because everyone knew that this year was going to be bad doesn't make it ok to be bad. So I guess the team is meeting expectations and we should be happy? Nonsense.

Yeah, losing by single digits is better than getting completely destroyed, but if you lose by 30, I think some people would come out and say that at least we didn't lose by 50. We're simply happy not to get blown out now by what is looking like an NIT team in Illinois? I find that to be sad.

Fortunately, Illannoy had a streak where they didn't score for about 8 minutes and played as sloppily as Iowa was playing.

Does that mean you'd be happy with 14-34? What does that have to do with tonights game?

Really? It is called a trend. The trend is we are a very bad basketball team and last night was another example that Lickliter cannot get it done in the big ten. We are about on pace for winning 1 of every 4 games. You really want to defend that? Please try.

Up to this point, I've not been a Lick hater and I'm not ready to say he should go, but I'm sick of trying to appease myself by saying we're doing some good things, and playing teams close. This is getting old and should no longer satisfy us. Why? Because this is the same thing that's happened the last two years. We win a game or two we shouldn't, play some teams tough and in so doing get our hopes up. But then we get blown out other games and look like a high school team and, in the end, win 3-5 b10 games. Lick, you're on the verge of losing me my friend.

Up to this point, I've not been a Lick hater and I'm not ready to say he should go, but I'm sick of trying to appease myself by saying we're doing some good things, and playing teams close. This is getting old and should no longer satisfy us. Why? Because this is the same thing that's happened the last two years. We win a game or two we shouldn't, play some teams tough and in so doing get our hopes up. But then we get blown out other games and look like a high school team and, in the end, win 3-5 b10 games. Lick, you're on the verge of losing me my friend.

I feel the same way. Half way through year three there shouldnt be any excuses and/or moral victories. Its time for results. 3 years is plenty of time

Latest posts