A.J. Derby, arrested.

Hold on a sec. Have we not seen prior players' depth chart position (the real one, not just the published version) directly affected by off-field mishaps? James Ferentz comes to mind.

I don't know of any other instances, but James might not be the best example. He's the coach's kid. And if Ferentz is anything like my dad was (baseball coach), James is held to the highest standard on the team.

Nice arm strength, A.J.!

Just kidding. You're a *******. Way to represent the Hawks.

You see that is exactly how I feel, he showed VERY poor judgement....

And if anyone says "Well everybody does stupid stuff in college" the difference is...not everyone is getting a free education and is the backup quarterback at a Big Ten University....use your head.

Wasn't his brother busted for breaking a parking gate? Derby bros must just like weird auto-related drinking violations. At last neither was a OWI.

He's not going to #3 for a few weeks. U don't punish the team punitively. He'll serve his punishment and he's still the second best QB on the team and it's his first misstep

I would think a suspension would include lost reps. Enough missed reps should drop a qb in a tight race for the #2 for a while.

At least he showed a small bit of good judgement... He was exiting a bus and wasn't stupid enough to be driving too.

He's a 20-year-old kid, and he made a mistake. He comes from a great family, and will learn from this.

Whenever I hear 30-somethings (or older) saying "What an idiot!"...I always wonder how many of them did something like this when THEY were younger, and just didn't get caught. Not that it wasn't stupid...but once again you accept the punishment, learn from your mistake, and move on. This will be forgotten in a few weeks...

He'll serve his punishment, but what is with the qb's to a higher standard? If this is true where does one find a standards ranking by position? Also, are other positions told they are of a lower standard or is it just assumed? Silly talk...

well looks like haluska is going to have to move back to QB instead of WR lol he played QB in high school he wasn't to bad at QB!

He's a 20-year-old kid, and he made a mistake. He comes from a great family, and will learn from this.

Whenever I hear 30-somethings (or older) saying "What an idiot!"...I always wonder how many of them did something like this when THEY were younger, and just didn't get caught. Not that it wasn't stupid...but once again you accept the punishment, learn from your mistake, and move on. This will be forgotten in a few weeks...

Yeah, how many of us didn't punch out a bus window when we were in college. If they are locking everyone up for that, we'd all be in jail.

HERPTY DERPTY DOOOOOOOO!

What kind of party bus was this?

Is the Magic bus still around?

Big Bad Booster Bus?
(I thought that was just for potential recruits).:eek:

Just kidding.

But seriously, is this the face of a quarterback?

aj-derby1.jpg

Latest posts