A good interim solution

Good grief. We really have people that are more concerned about hardship rules than having a group 9-10 guys that can play basketball for Iowa.

It was simply a suggestion, because of the DIRE, DIRE, situation this program finds itself in, right now. Perhaps deanvogs should use his overabundance of free time to research NCAA rulings and help the staff FIND SOME PLAYERS. IMMEDIATELY

It took all of 5 minutes with a simple google search. Maybe if you would actually think about what you say before you say it, that would have saved me the 5 minutes that it took to show you what you said had no chance or merit to become reality.

You know the saying, you can Sh*t in one hand and wish in the other....tell me what hand filled up first when you tried this DeanMarshall....in other words wishing for something accomplishes nothing. :D

In hardship situations, the NCAA considers mitigating circumstances. Remember Jake Kelly? Or maybe Tyler Smith? BOTH transferred and PLAYED the following year.

Kaylon Williams, with some WORK by the basketball program COULD play at Iowa, next semester. But, someone would need to get off their a.. and do something. That seems to be where things stop with Iowa hoops.

:mad:

And what hardship would Kaylon have? None. It is the Iowa program that is the "hardship case" not the player. Maybe instead of bringing in another player we bring in another staff for the next semester. Might as well get started as soon as possible on the new staff.

Well, since once again ddict requires further explanation, please allow me.

1) Iowa is a hardship case, if there ever was one. If they allow Jake Kelley to move schools to help Indiana State, then it should be perfectly allowable to get a player in here, from a JC, at the half way point.

2) Kaylon Williams is every bit the player that the individual who has already been busted for alcohol twice in a year, at Iowa. Ridiculous

3) Please don't make me rip off the other 98 reasons why it should be done. NOW:rolleyes:

I think you have it backwards. Again. Jake Kelley moved because of HIS hardship, not Indiana State's.

Iowa is not a "hardship" case. It is a bummer that Iowa has a lousy basketball program at the time, but the NCAA probably doesn't care if Iowa is losing games. If Iowa has a bad basketball team, the onus isn't on the NCAA to help fix that "hardship." LOL:eek:

I think you have it backwards. Again. Jake Kelley moved because of HIS hardship, not Indiana State's.

Iowa is not a "hardship" case. It is a bummer that Iowa has a lousy basketball program at the time, but the NCAA probably doesn't care if Iowa is losing games. If Iowa has a bad basketball team, the onus isn't on the NCAA to help fix that "hardship." LOL:eek:

Wow, it's really great that we have racer here to sort these things out for us. :rolleyes:

And by the way, Kaylon Williams was a guest of the IOWA BASKETBALL program, at Carver Hawkeye tonight for Purdue. Wow, I'd love them to add him right now to stuff it up, well anyway, Let's Go HAWKS! :)

I love how Ever is trying to explain why the NCAA should give IOWA the hardship waiver. As if they grant waivers to programs, not the players.

Priceless.

Kaylon should be allowed to play right away because... uh... Iowa lost a player to in-program suspension. Now that's rich.

Iowa should apply for a hardship waiver for entrance in the NCAA tournament this year.

We have about as good a chance to get that as we have to get the waiver for Kaylon.

:rolleyes:

Wowsa, if there are still people who believe that Stormin's vaunted Iowa hoops program is not a hardship case, then, well maybe I should like that. Now THAT is OPTIMISM!

Good job, fellas.

Latest posts