a few big 10 thoughts

CRwrestling

it seems like in the past having 6 in the finals would have cemented the tournament. this is the most top heavy year I can remember in the big ten.

our young guys can always beat a guy they're supposed to beat, but eventually need to beat a guy with a higher ranking to turn that corner. evans has done it this year by throwing majors yohn and kokesh. but other than him our other young guys (Kelly, moore, telford, even lofthouse) always lost when they're big opportunities came. that's why telfords win over wade was so big in my opinion.

st. john really looked good. I really had little faith that we'd get much out of him coming back from an injury. I'm definitely proven wrong. no matter how injured he is he pushed the action on Saturday and wreslted tough. the welsh match will tell us a lot in terms of how close he is to 100% bc welsh will never get close to him when he is.

and last, the two most boring periods of wrestling will be Russell and montels first and second period. the most exciting wrestling of the year will be Russell and montels third period and overtime.

I loved Montells quote about his 2 previous matches said he had Russell "dead to rights". I love that, hes definately ready for tonight

Today were going to find out Ethans determination and toughness. Tough way to have to lose. It cost the Hawks 7 team points also.

(1)it seems like in the past having 6 in the finals would have cemented the tournament. this is the most top heavy year I can remember in the big ten.

(2)our young guys can always beat a guy they're supposed to beat, but eventually need to beat a guy with a higher ranking to turn that corner. evans has done it this year by throwing majors yohn and kokesh. but other than him our other young guys (Kelly, moore, telford, even lofthouse) always lost when they're big opportunities came. that's why telfords win over wade was so big in my opinion.

(3)st. john really looked good. I really had little faith that we'd get much out of him coming back from an injury. I'm definitely proven wrong. no matter how injured he is he pushed the action on Saturday and wreslted tough. the welsh match will tell us a lot in terms of how close he is to 100% bc welsh will never get close to him when he is.

(4)and last, the two most boring periods of wrestling will be Russell and montels first and second period. the most exciting wrestling of the year will be Russell and montels third period and overtime.

(1) Agree. Seems like the B1G is tougher at the top then normal, but maybe not as much overall team depth.

(2) Youth and inconsistency seem to go together a lot. That was a big match by Telford. I hope he keeps it going today and at the NCAAs. You never know with youth though. These next two weeks are the most important prep time of his year, imo. Don't want to have a two steps forward, one step back kinda of deal. I think the same thing with Evans. EL has been wrestling well the past month or so. It's going to take a lot of mental toughness from him today. Last year GG peaked at the perfect time, so let's hope EL can take a page out of that book and GG remembers what that was like. Kelly is still alive, so there may be one more chapter in his season.

I know we want to win now, but in a lot of ways, the young guys need to worry about getting better everyday. Always keep an eye on results, but a focus on improving is a big thing with youth, even leading up to the NCAAs.

(3) One of the biggest positives of the day yesterday.

(4) LOL, you're probably spot on.

I'm a firm believer in what Hayden Fry said, "We don't rebuild, We reload". Ethans loss was really hard to swallow. He'll bounce back. I'm so impressed right now with StJohn. Give both StJohn and Gambrall two more weeks in the wrestling room before Nationals and Bobby Telford. Telfords win over Wade was really a confidence builder although anyone who really follows wrestling knows that Wade sucks on his feet and in the bottom position.

I'm a firm believer in what Hayden Fry said, "We don't rebuild, We reload". Ethans loss was really hard to swallow. He'll bounce back. I'm so impressed right now with StJohn. Give both StJohn and Gambrall two more weeks in the wrestling room before Nationals and Bobby Telford. Telfords win over Wade was really a confidence builder although anyone who really follows wrestling knows that Wade sucks on his feet and in the bottom position.

wade on the bottom has just got to **** cael off! Haha

Latest posts